apexslide

Jun 15, 2019
Also, This is what the main menu looks like...
View attachment 1103712
So, you're not using the native Renpy launcher? Because that would explain it. We've never seen a bug report like that.
But there are no cheats, and as far as I'm aware, the only "mod" available is the "family" patch. The only "cheats" that will likely ever be available will be relationship/love point modifiers, and that's IF Snats decides to do that.

Feb 22, 2020
So, you're not using the native Renpy launcher? Because that would explain it. We've never seen a bug report like that.
But there are no cheats, and as far as I'm aware, the only "mod" available is the "family" patch. The only "cheats" that will likely ever be available will be relationship/love point modifiers, and that's IF Snats decides to do that.
i simply downloaded the files here and launched the game via the .exe

apexslide

Jun 15, 2019
i simply downloaded the files here and launched the game via the .exe
Sure, but your launcher defaulted to DSMod, it even states that in your screenshot. That tells me all the information we need to know. This is NOT the native launcher, and that's why you're seeing these things.
I cannot even fathom how you thought there'd be cheats in this game in the first place. The game has barely even started, why would there be cheats?
Remove DSMod and relaunch the game. Problem fixed.

Feb 22, 2020
Sure, but your launcher defaulted to DSMod, it even states that in your screenshot. That tells me all the information we need to know. This is NOT the native launcher, and that's why you're seeing these things.
I cannot even fathom how you thought there'd be cheats in this game in the first place. The game has barely even started, why would there be cheats?
Remove DSMod and relaunch the game. Problem fixed.
as i said, i simply downloaded the game here and launched the games .exe. there is no dsmod files in the game files whatsoever... imma redownload everything and test it...

Feb 22, 2020
redownloaded the files, launched the .exe, same thing happened again. it still says DSMod info in the main menu. imma leave this game. c ya´ll next update

apexslide

Jun 15, 2019
redownloaded the files, launched the .exe, same thing happened again. it still says DSMod info in the main menu. imma leave this game. c ya´ll next update
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Right, so you're telling me that you don't have a modified Renpy client installed, despite the fact it is LITERALLY in your screenshot that you have one, it's even SIGNED BY THE CREATOR as in the spoilered image, and apparently this is OUR fault?
My god man. I've told you this once, I will say it again: Remove DS-Sama's Renpy Mod from your PC and it'll work fine.

In fact, we KNOW you did this yourself. Your profile indicates that you've modified files of other games before, and we even copied one of DS Sama's mods and dropped it into TW just to make sure.. and wouldn't you know? We replicated your results.

Stop lying.

Last edited:

Vegasyy

Aug 25, 2017
Damn this update is taking forever! (Yeah, i know i have no patience lol)
Either way, Snats, keep it up with this great game!

Reactions: Kalléo

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
It has been one month and a half since the last release, there are games that take more than for months for each release so it's not too bad.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
It has been one month and a half since the last release, there are games that take more than for months for each release so it's not too bad.
Better be slow but the new update came out solid and didn't got any bugs than fast release and later had to wait for more bugfix patch, but I think just 2-3 more week and we will got new release

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I just realised the next update will feature sandbox. Don't know how I feel about that:confused: if it's gonna include 1 ''event" for each individual character every update like any other sandbox game out there it would be a let down for me. I actually like this game it's in my top 10 list and would feel disappointed if the sandbox aspect downgraded the game, I'll just have to wait and see
For me sandbox games are only bad if they are grindy which from what the dev said, that won't be the case here. You will not have any stats to grind.

Last edited:

Kalléo

Aug 8, 2018
For me sandbox games are only bad if they are grindy which from what the dev said, that won't be the case here. You will not have any stats to grind.
So you don't like sandbox games that involve grinding and I don't see the point to even include sandbox in first place. We could go on and on about what we like and don't like about sandbox. I would rather play a 15 min classic VN type update than downloading a gig worth to click on each character at morning noon and night to get 30 frames worth screen time for each update. See my point? I don't usually play sandbox games for this one reason and when I do play them I make sure atleast they are near damn completed. I wouldn't be surprised if future updates continue to drop in render count and only increase in size. Basically including sandbox is asking for trouble, gotta deal with a lotta bugs and shit if I didn't know any better the dev just wants to make things harder for himself:p at the end of the day it's his game and he can do whatever he wants with it I'm just here to voice my opinion....and ofcourse whine a lil bit:LOL: good luck dev I'd love to see how he maintains decent sized play time each update. Would hate to see this game ruined

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020
Right, so you're telling me that you don't have a modified Renpy client installed, despite the fact it is LITERALLY in your screenshot that you have one, it's even SIGNED BY THE CREATOR as in the spoilered image, and apparently this is OUR fault?
My god man. I've told you this once, I will say it again: Remove DS-Sama's Renpy Mod from your PC and it'll work fine.

In fact, we KNOW you did this yourself. Your profile indicates that you've modified files of other games before, and we even copied one of DS Sama's mods and dropped it into TW just to make sure.. and wouldn't you know? We replicated your results.

Stop lying.
i don´t know where you have the image showing the file manager from, this is not my manager.
also let me say it a little more specific: No other Ren´Py game has this issue, never used any DSMod.

apexslide

Jun 15, 2019
i don´t know where you have the image showing the file manager from, this is not my manager.
also let me say it a little more specific: No other Ren´Py game has this issue, never used any DSMod.
You've been caught red handed lying. We were able to reproduce your exact "problem" by simply putting a DSMod into the Game file. Your previous posts on other games also tell us you do this often.
Give it up, stop the smeer campaign, you're only making a fool of yourself.

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
Without a doubt the problem is caused by a DSMod being added to the game by someone. Since you've said you deleted everything and re-downloaded, while unlikely it is possible that one of the download links has a broken game. So if that's the case, tell us which download you used so someone can check it, cause if a download is broken then it needs to be brought to the attention of the dev or a mod.
You've been caught red handed lying. We were able to reproduce your exact "problem" by simply putting a DSMod into the Game file. Your previous posts on other games also tell us you do this often.
Give it up, stop the smeer campaign, you're only making a fool of yourself.
A problem caused by such an obvious mod would be a pretty poor "smeer campaign" so just accusing people of lying doesn't do anyone any good. Cause unlike what you're claiming there's no proof Prototype has ever used DSMod, used cheats in games yes, but DSMod specifically no. So chill out for a bit.

apexslide

Jun 15, 2019
Without a doubt the problem is caused by a DSMod being added to the game by someone. Since you've said you deleted everything and re-downloaded, while unlikely it is possible that one of the download links has a broken game. So if that's the case, tell us which download you used so someone can check it, cause if a download is broken then it needs to be brought to the attention of the dev or a mod.

A problem caused by such an obvious mod would be a pretty poor "smeer campaign" so just accusing people of lying doesn't do anyone any good. Cause unlike what you're claiming there's no proof Prototype has ever used DSMod, used cheats in games yes, but DSMod specifically no. So chill out for a bit.
No proof? Are you blind? He literally posted a screenshot with the DSMod signature on it! If that's not blatant evidence, I don't know what is.
And somehow, out of the thousands of games on here, the potential millions of downloads, he's the ONLY one to get this error?
And he didn't even complain about the Main Menu being blank and borderline unusable? That's REAL fishy.
Sorry, but if you're defending something that unlikely, there's no help for you.

We've replicated his "issue", we've told him the solution, and he continues to ignore it.

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
No proof? Are you blind? He literally posted a screenshot with the DSMod signature on it! If that's not blatant evidence, I don't know what is.
And somehow, out of the thousands of games on here, the potential millions of downloads, he's the ONLY one to get this error?
And he didn't even complain about the Main Menu being blank and borderline unusable? That's REAL fishy.
Sorry, but if you're defending something that unlikely, there's no help for you.

We've replicated his "issue", we've told him the solution, and he continues to ignore it.
First, you have poor reading comprehension. Yes the problem in this case is obviously DSMod, I literally said that in the post you quoted, but there's no proof he's ever used it on other games.
Second, we're not talking about the thousands of games on here, so I have no idea why you brought that up. We're talking about 1 of the 21 different download links for this specific game having a pre-broken file cause an uploader potentially fucked up. So yes it's entirely possible he's the only one who has used a specific link cause this specific game does not have millions of downloads.
Third, yes it's entirely likely that he did something stupid and broke his game, but I'm willing to take two minutes out of my day to try and help someone in the case where there might be a legitimate problem. Cause it's a tiny loss to me in order to show a little kindness, obviously not something you've ever considered.

Reactions: Agent Abide

apexslide

Jun 15, 2019
First, you have poor reading comprehension. Yes the problem in this case is obviously DSMod, I literally said that in the post you quoted, but there's no proof he's ever used it on other games.
Second, we're not talking about the thousands of games on here, so I have no idea why you brought that up. We're talking about 1 of the 21 different download links for this specific game having a pre-broken file cause an uploader potentially fucked up. So yes it's entirely possible he's the only one who has used a specific link cause this specific game does not have millions of downloads.
Third, yes it's entirely likely that he did something stupid and broke his game, but I'm willing to take two minutes out of my day to try and help someone in the case where there might be a legitimate problem. Cause it's a tiny loss to me in order to show a little kindness, obviously not something you've ever considered.
He has a known history of modifying game files. That much is indicative of his posts.
It is at the very least, extremely unlikely that the files uploaded for Twisted World had DS Mod pre-installed, especially when not only is DS Mod a very small modder (most people have never heard of him), but the mod isn't even compatible for the game, and the upload links have been the same for WEEKS now, and this is the FIRST time this has ever been reported.
It is also unlikely that in the entirety of F95's catalogue, someone has uploaded a link that would have been VERIFIED first, that has either a virus or an incompatible mod pre-installed.
It is self evident that he modified the game file himself. If you want to verify this for yourself, you can go and redownload the file from every provided link, like we did, and test it. You can then drop an incompatible mod from DS-Sama and replicate his exact complaint.

We have given him the solution. It is HIS responsibility to remove the file in question. We've given MORE than just "2 minutes" of our time to resolve this.

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
He has a known history of modifying game files. That much is indicative of his posts.
It is at the very least, extremely unlikely that the files uploaded for Twisted World had DS Mod pre-installed, especially when not only is DS Mod a very small modder (most people have never heard of him), but the mod isn't even compatible for the game, and the upload links have been the same for WEEKS now, and this is the FIRST time this has ever been reported.
It is also unlikely that in the entirety of F95's catalogue, someone has uploaded a link that would have been VERIFIED first, that has either a virus or an incompatible mod pre-installed.
It is self evident that he modified the game file himself. If you want to verify this for yourself, you can go and redownload the file from every provided link, like we did, and test it. You can then drop an incompatible mod from DS-Sama and replicate his exact complaint.

We have given him the solution. It is HIS responsibility to remove the file in question. We've given MORE than just "2 minutes" of our time to resolve this.
By your own logic it isn't it also "extremely unlikely" that he knew about such a small and unknown modder?
Also, I have definitely seen uploaders upload the complete wrong game before, they're not infallible.
If you have already checked every download link, then yes, it's his fault for sure, but this is the first time you've said that so how would I have known what you've done or not.
All I asked was for him to tell us what link he used so it could be definitively proved whether or not the file was broken, so I don't know why you're getting so defensive about it.

VikingSnake

Sep 29, 2018
By your own logic it isn't it also "extremely unlikely" that he knew about such a small and unknown modder?
Also, I have definitely seen uploaders upload the complete wrong game before, they're not infallible.
If you have already checked every download link, then yes, it's his fault for sure, but this is the first time you've said that so how would I have known what you've done or not.
All I asked was for him to tell us what link he used so it could be definitively proved whether or not the file was broken, so I don't know why you're getting so defensive about it.
Why should they know such a small unknown modder ? what would they achieve by putting that file in the games folder? You can even clearly see the wrong file in question and could just make a quick peak in the folder and delete it IF it's there and everything would be fine and dandy but no he refuses to delete literally the file in question that CAN'T BE OVERSEEN. Maybe he should provide a screenshot of his "game" folder so we can see what files has been placed in there

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 200 Votes