2.40 star(s) 11 Votes

Iskonsko_Studio

Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
walkthrough?
Posted a spoiler free one on the Patreon (as it is a tier reward). It's not very easy to read as it's in a graphic format (used for development) but it'll get you there.

+ Michelle and Julie look nice
+ Mr Thompson looks like a molten caramel man which at least made me laugh
+ Girls in the clothing store were nice
+ Thanks for giving me the choice in that three girl scene, that Asian looked scary

+- Claire looks alright. I'd say it's a 7/10

- The HUD / menues don't really look that good. Maybe just stick to the default ones and "pimp" them a bit with Photoshop?
- Didn't really enjoy the distance between the 1st person perspective and the chicks. Don't wanna take out my binoculars to fap
- I know we can fix this by using Unren, but I don't get why the rewind function is set to off... there are quite some decisions where I'd just like to rewind and redo them. Had to manually activate rollback then
- Meggie looks kinda scary...? But seriously... I don't find her attractive at all and the game kinda forces me into a decision where I tell her she's hot. So much for freedom I guess XD The game would neither accept my "no" or my reluctant "sure" as an answer...
- The "peeking once, game over for you, pervert" stuff really kills the fun. Whenever you wanna be kinky, everyone is killing the fun instantly.
- Lighting changes between pictures in the same scene?...
Thanks for this feedback batman666 this is a really helpful post! The HUD - well, that's the one we made in the start to be different than the generics which don't really change it at all. As our artist is a models guy and my own artistic ability is comparable to a muddy stick I think we'll leave it like this :D perhaps if we'll be able to have a larger team later on...
The distance is also a problem from episode 1, it shouldn't be in episode 2. Right?

Yes, some other people also asked about that and I think we'll activate rollback (just a short one) in the future. The idea was to have a game where you stick to your decisions and take responsibility for your actions. But yeah, we'll probably reactivate it.

There's freedom of choice even with Meggie - you don't have to approach, you can leave or, if you need her help, you can just be polite and she'll help you without 'forcing' the sexual interaction on you
As for peeking, heh, not all peeks end up like that!
And yes, there are some light issues with some scenes but, again, there's a huge amount of images and problems do come up.
Thanks again for this feedback!

After seeing MC's dick I edited their name to Horsecockian the fake.

Bridget's color for her name is very hard to read as it blends into the background.

In this scene the 2 options should be flipped so that the option for the left girl is on the left and the option for the right girl is on the right side.

When playing for awhile the fucking screen reloading whenever you click on a save file to load it gets annoying fast and sometimes prevents you from actually being able to load the save file you clicked on unless you are fast enough to click the yes button but closing the game seems to fix this error/bug.

At times to me Michelle kind of looks like she's older then a young girl.

I think this is a game that's going to need a walk through as there is a lot of different options that do different things with lots of different variables and having a walk through that states what each options does might be the best so people can go after the ones that they want.
Thanks for the feedback myuhinny
Yes we had a discussion about the cock but, hell you gotta give the artists some freedom :D And not everyone likes big boobs, but not everyone likes small or other stuff so there's a lot of variety and more to come.
Will check on the color, haven't really noticed it being a problem perhaps on some backgrounds but will check, thanks!

The options are flipped intentionally. Shows that such a psychological trick makes the player concentrate more (although I agree it is a bit irritating).

You had the same load problem in ep 1...we were never able to recreate it and no other reports about it as of yet so I really have no idea what's going on there.

Michelle is just serious so it shows sometimes.

And yes, the walkthrough is on our Patreon (see above)

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I know here on F95 we all enjoy free games (I do to) but do think whether you can help spread the word or offer any support on Patreon, even just followers are appreciated!

Reactions: batman666

Iskonsko_Studio

Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
Trying to unzip and got error
Error 0x80004005 When Extracting or Copying but i just unziped ResearchIntoAffection-050-pc, Occultus-065-pc, StarMaidens-demo and few others never seen this before :cautious: using Mega link
Perhaps something downloaded wrong? You can always try to get it directly from Patreon :D
But no, redownloading and upgrading rar should get you there.

Comaco

Aug 10, 2017
Perhaps something downloaded wrong? You can always try to get it directly from Patreon :D
But no, redownloading and upgrading rar should get you there.
I had the same issue. Switching to 7zip instead of the built in windows 10 extractor let me unpack the file.

batman666

Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Iskonsko_Studio I like the fact that you guys stay respectful and respect the criticism! Also thought that your answer was very well written. Just based on that, I'll give the game another chance a few releases down the line. :)

Reactions: Iskonsko_Studio

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Trying to unzip and got error
Error 0x80004005 When Extracting or Copying but i just unziped ResearchIntoAffection-050-pc, Occultus-065-pc, StarMaidens-demo and few others never seen this before :cautious: using Mega link
Did you update one or both of 7zip and WinRAR, some dev's use older software and some use the newest ones out there.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I think Linda could do with a change in glasses she looks hot but those glasses don't do her any favors. The shop scene with the various women we can look at and options it gives us is this a hint at future content? not so sure about the dog option though :eek:

Iskonsko_Studio

Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
I think Linda could do with a change in glasses she looks hot but those glasses don't do her any favors. The shop scene with the various women we can look at and options it gives us is this a hint at future content? not so sure about the dog option though :eek:
Perhaps you'll have a chance to see Linda without her glasses ;)

As for the shop scene, the game remembers your choice and learns what you like. So if you're not into animals don't pick the dog :p

Reactions: Mormont

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Perhaps you'll have a chance to see Linda without her glasses ;)

As for the shop scene, the game remembers your choice and learns what you like. So if you're not into animals don't pick the dog :p
I hope so! she looked stunning I'm surprised she hasn't been mentioned more here.

Ahh I'm glad I asked now thanks for clearing that up (y)

ecoli

Aug 17, 2017
No roll-back, peek and game over without an auto-save, deleted.
A pity 'cos small boobs is an auto try for me
ooh, a compressed version thanks bas, can check the renders, might come back for later releases if they add a rollback

Iskonsko_Studio

Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
No roll-back, peek and game over without an auto-save, deleted.
A pity 'cos small boobs is an auto try for me
ooh, a compressed version thanks bas, can check the renders, might come back for later releases if they add a rollback
Yes a few people already requested rollback so we'll probably include a short one from the next episode on.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

jimstorm

Donor
Mar 14, 2018
Wow some of the nicest art based on screens! Love the hairstyles too. The black chick is a bit of a turn off but hopefully avoidable!

Iskonsko_Studio

Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
Wow some of the nicest art based on screens! Love the hairstyles too. The black chick is a bit of a turn off but hopefully avoidable!
Thanks our artist will appreciate that! If you support us you get access to our discord where you can see some preview shots and goad him into making teasers :)

All girls are avoidable, completely up to you.

Reactions: ive_got-problems

NanasBananas

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2018
Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with this episode. I played the demo before, and while it was cute, it was way too short to really inspire confidence whether this would grow into something worthwhile or not. But this episode has a LOT more than the demo had, and is very enjoyable so far.

Maybe the biggest strength in the game is the amount of meaningful choices available. It has a really high interactivity, and the choices seem to actually matter most of the time, which makes for a very fun playing experience. I also like how the different paths intertwine, and that if you want one girl you might have to make sacrifices to your relationship with another. Maybe it's not a design choice that's fun in every game, but I think so far it works very well here. Makes things feel a bit more realistic and encourages multiple playthroughs and saves.

I like for example the idea that our relationship with Claire might be able to take different paths. Seems we can kinda perv on her, try to develop some real emotions towards her or be a great friend for her, each of which holds a slightly different appeal.

And the rest of the girls seem very appealing as well, both in their looks and personality. I like that there's some variety to the characters. Linda is smoking, I like her flirty nature. Both the girls at the store are majorly attractive, each in her own way. Michelle is sweet, and I haven't seen much of Julie, but I wouldn't mind an opportunity to get to know what she's like.

Meggie is probably the roll of the die for me here. She could be my favorite, or she could end up disappointing me, depending on how dominant a character she is. I know I'm probably engaging in wishful thinking again, but I can't help it, whenever I see a bad girl like her my inner masochist wakes up and pleads for some femdom... I hope she's doesn't turn out to be all mushy on the inside once we get to know her better... I mean don't get me wrong, if she needs it I would never deny a troubled girl her emotional breakthrough, I just hope she stays on top after it's done...

Or alternatively, I hope there's a path where we can submit ourselves to more of her... punishments... :whistle:

So, just to conclude, the main things I like about this game are:
1. Many choices that feel like they matter.
2. Nice, romantic, maybe even heartwarming options (playing an asshole protagonist is probably one of my biggest turnoffs).
3. Variety of characters and relationships.
And I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but if a relationship with some femdom does get a path in the game, that'll jump to the top of the list for me.

As for the things I don't like, I don't really have much I dislike about the game at this point, just have to wait and see how good it manages to be going forward. The one minor criticism that I probably do agree with is that the disabled rollback is slightly annoying, but that's already been addressed. In fact, I should come clean and say I looked at the code both as a form of walkthrough to see what I missed the first time, and to re-enable rollback and pressing Enter to select choices... Hope you don't mind, just made things a bit more convenient for me...

Reactions: Iskonsko_Studio

Iskonsko_Studio

Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
For those not following our or (why aren't you following us? go there now!:devilish:) we just posted an Android version of Episode 1. If you could try it out on your android device and let us know how it works it would be appreciated!

Iskonsko_Studio

Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
Just created a sub on reddit for those who enjoy Twisting Vines; subscribe and talk about the game at

Progress on Episode 3 is going well and it should be released (for PC, MAC and Android) within the next 2 weeks.

Lastly, a gameplay video of Twisting Vines got made. Doesn't actually show much but worth checking it out:

Iskonsko_Studio

Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
Early release of Twisting Vines Episode 3 can now be downloaded by Patrons! This is a regular version while the Extras and Full version will be available in a few days.

Check out our or for more information about new stuff in this build!

Oh yes – available for PC, MAC and ANDROID ;)

Iskonsko_Studio

Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
Showing off a short animated scene from Episode 3 - the sounds are recorded special for the game and are a feature the highest tier Patrons enjoy!

Check the video:

2.40 star(s) 11 Votes