ursuLenes

Jul 22, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no bitching.

Twists of My Life [v1.0] [Novel] - Original Size: 1.23GB

Download PC (223MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

the game won't start. See the traceback txt below:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
Exception: DirectSoundCreate: Mixing buffer was lost

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\ToML-0.99.11-pc-crunched\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\ToML-0.99.11-pc-crunched\renpy\main.py", line 500, in main
renpy.display.core.Interface()
File "C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\ToML-0.99.11-pc-crunched\renpy\display\core.py", line 1648, in __init__
renpy.audio.audio.init()
File "C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\ToML-0.99.11-pc-crunched\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 818, in init
renpysound.init(renpy.config.sound_sample_rate, 2, bufsize, False)
File "renpysound.pyx", line 200, in renpy.audio.renpysound.init
File "renpysound.pyx", line 63, in renpy.audio.renpysound.check_error

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Зигзаги моей жизни 0.99.11
Sat Mar 02 16:09:43 2019

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
the game won't start. See the traceback txt below:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\ToML-0.99.11-pc-crunched\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\ToML-0.99.11-pc-crunched\renpy\main.py", line 500, in main
renpy.display.core.Interface()
File "C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\ToML-0.99.11-pc-crunched\renpy\display\core.py", line 1648, in __init__
renpy.audio.audio.init()
File "C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\ToML-0.99.11-pc-crunched\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 818, in init
renpysound.init(renpy.config.sound_sample_rate, 2, bufsize, False)
File "renpysound.pyx", line 200, in renpy.audio.renpysound.init
File "renpysound.pyx", line 63, in renpy.audio.renpysound.check_error

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Зигзаги моей жизни 0.99.11
Sat Mar 02 16:09:43 2019
It works for me. Looks like an issue with your audio.

novel

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017

Attention: 1) Do not use saves made during animations, you won't be able to use them later 2) If you have a working save created earlier in the game, it will be fully compatible. If you see error messages or crashes, use a different save. No need to start a new game.

novel

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017

Possible problems: 1) you do not have our build 2) you have problems with audio drivers, you can try to copy the file to the TOML/game folder.

ursuLenes

Jul 22, 2017
I use supreme FX on ROG MB with sonic studio enabled. Sometime, Ren'py doesn't know how to handle "fake" sounds. Then I tried other renpy games and I've had no problems (no matter studio enabled or disabled). How to fix it:
- easy way: just disable any extra sound manager you have
- better way:
1. create a new text file;
2. edit it
3. write down these statements:

Code:
init 999 python:
    config.debug_sound = False
4. save and close
5. rename it to patch.rpy
6. copy/move it to game folder (as any patcher)
7. start and enjoy it

I said better way cause some ren'py games will let you use any other extra sound manager . It depends of the way the developers choose to handle the audio... In this case, you don't have to keep enabling or disabling certain software/hardware.

It works for me. Looks like an issue with your audio.
I'm sorry I was to lazy to solve the problem by my self instead to drop it on your back. This is the reason I posted the solutions. On the other hand, your answer was not helpfull. You just stated the obvious. As a moderator and a modder you should have approached it way better.

lazyharry

Modder
May 24, 2017
Hi,
I think very good endings and exellent animations. I've got ending 1, 2, 6, 7, 9/9, 14, 14 and 15 so far, but how to get ending 4 (Irene) and ending 10 (Alannah)

Reactions: Namco15

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
I always thought those two relationships exclude each other ... I have to do the soft path with Alannah then go out with Helga ... but if I do this Ann will break up with me cause I do not go to the gym with her ... could you help me out here? Thanks again!

Yuura

Feb 23, 2019
I always thought those two relationships exclude each other ... I have to do the soft path with Alannah then go out with Helga ... but if I do this Ann will break up with me cause I do not go to the gym with her ... could you help me out here? Thanks again!

Hzy

Jan 30, 2019
Guys,realy needs the walkthrough,but cant download from the Mega,can somebody upload on the Nopy?
bad endings make headache……

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
No idea if this was mentioned already, but for all you Alanna fans here, she will return in Novel's next game and how big a part she'll play depends on how many new patrons Novel gains through that appearance.

I for one decided to at least become a small time supporter, not just due to that, but I'd be lying to say I wouldn't hope for Alanna playing a big part in the next game.

3.90 star(s) 96 Votes