l8rdude

Jan 13, 2020
Patching this will take a while. The author now requests map data every time you load a map. If you don't get the correct data returned you can not proceed and playing is impossible. Since I have no real patreon account I don't yet know what the proper data is that I need. The more I look at it I feel like writing an emulated api server will work best in the long run. Will do more testing tomorrow.

Cheers,

Last edited:

KR4T05191

Jun 20, 2019
Patching this will take a while. The author now requests map data every time you load a map. If you don't get the correct data returned you can not proceed and playing is impossible. Since I have no real patreon account I don't yet no what the proper data is that I need. The more I look at it I feel like writing an emulated api server will work best in the long run. Will do more testing tomorrow.

Cheers,
Okay thx for the informations dude

l8rdude

Jan 13, 2020
Alright, a few things changed behind the scenes in Two Horns 0.0.14 to combat piracy. The most important one is that version 0.0.14 is no longer providing the actual map files in the release. You're getting the image tilesets but not the actual maps. When a patreon user logs in and plays the game it downloads the map files during runtime when map changes occur or when a new savegame is started. So in order to play the 0.0.14 content you must be a patron to Pink Cafe Art.

What we can do is run our own API server and instead of providing 0.0.14 map files, we'll provide the ones from 0.0.13 (since the author released those for the old client). The benefits of doing that is we can play using the new 0.0.14 client that introduced the new cheat menu and also enjoy several bugfixes.

This also means a patreon user can share their 0.0.14 map files with us if they desire to do so.

Thanks to felixthetrap 's discovery the 0.0.14 map files are publicly accessible so parts of my previous paragraph are no longer true. If you want an easy and automated way to just play, use their solution instead.

Here's what you need to do to get started:
  1. Download and install 0.0.14 map files:

Extract the contents of the zip to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\TwoHorns\PinkCafeArt\OgreData\ScenarioData\ogre_alpha_scenario\map\

A fast way to get there would be WIN+R and enter %LocalAppData%\TwoHorns\PinkCafeArt\OgreData\ScenarioData\ogre_alpha_scenario\map\
  2. Download the Two Horns proxy from the attachment and extract it to the game folder. When asked, overwrite all files with the ones from the zip.
  3. Launch TwoHornsProxy.exe. The first time you run it you will be asked to install and trust a root certificate to your system. This is required to decrypt the https traffic. After accepting the message it will no longer popup in the future. Important: You must leave this proxy window open while you are playing.
  4. Launch the game normally using the TwoHorns.exe file and click through the title screen. When asked for a login enter any data you like and hit okay. It will be accepted and you're ready to play.

If everything went well, you will see something similiar to this:
1607170784750.png

FAQ
  • Q: Is it required to always run the proxy if I want to play?
  • A: Yes, without the proxy no data can be spoofed and modified for the client to accept it.

• Q: The proxy can't start or shows errors.
  • A: The proxy requires at least .NET Framework 4.7.2. Most computers have it already installed if they're running Win7/8.1/10 and do system updates frequently. Also make sure port 8888 is available and not already bound by any other application.

• Q: Why do you supply a different libcocos2d.dll file?
  • A: The game engine uses cocos2d-x to handle many parts of the game, e.g. sound, rendering and networking. By default all connections to the server are direct and no proxy can be configured to intercept the data. In order to tell the game to connect to a proxy anyway, I patched the cocos2d library to tell libcurl to connect using a proxy:
    1607170429300.png
    Whenever this patched libcocos2d.dll file is used all connections will go through a proxy at 127.0.0.1:8888.

• Q: My game appdata is in a non-default folder, how can I change the path for the proxy?
    A: Open TwoHornsProxy.exe.config and edit the value for "MapPath" at the end of the file. You will also find all the spoofed messages there.

Let me know if there's any problems, any feedback is appreciated. I didn't have an old "endgame" save so testing everything beforehand was not possible.

Cheers,

Last edited:

KR4T05191

Jun 20, 2019
Alright, a few things changed behind the scenes in Two Horns 0.0.14 to combat piracy. The most important one is that version 0.0.14 is no longer providing the actual map files in the release. You're getting the image tilesets but not the actual maps. When a patreon user logs in and plays the game it downloads the map files during runtime when map changes occur or when a new savegame is started. So in order to play the 0.0.14 content you must be a patron to Pink Cafe Art.

What we can do is run our own API server and instead of providing 0.0.14 map files, we'll provide the ones from 0.0.13 (since the author released those for the old client). The benefits of doing that is we can play using the new 0.0.14 client that introduced the new cheat menu and also enjoy several bugfixes.

This also means a patreon user can share their 0.0.14 map files with us if they desire to do so.

1. Download and install 0.0.13 map files:
    Mega

If you played 0.0.13 before you will most likely have all of these already. Extract the contents of the zip to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\TwoHorns\PinkCafeArt\OgreData\ScenarioData\ogre_alpha_scenario\map\

A fast way to get there would be WIN+R and enter %LocalAppData%\TwoHorns\PinkCafeArt\OgreData\ScenarioData\ogre_alpha_scenario\map\
  2. Download the Two Horns proxy from the attachment and extract it to the game folder. When asked, overwrite all files with the ones from the zip.
  3. Launch TwoHornsProxy.exe. The first time you run it you will be asked to install and trust a root certificate to your system. This is required to decrypt the https traffic. After accepting the message it will no longer popup in the future.
  4. Launch the game normally using the TwoHorns.exe file and click through the title screen. When asked for a login enter any data you like and hit okay. It will be accepted and you're ready to play.

View attachment 929410

FAQ
  • A: Yes, without the proxy no data can be spoofed and modified for the client to accept it.

• A: The proxy requires at least .NET Framework 4.7.2. Most computers have it already installed if they're running Win7/8.1/10 and do system updates frequently. Also make sure port 8888 is available and not already bound by any other application.

• A: The game engine uses cocos2d-x to handle many parts of the game, e.g. sound, rendering and networking. By default all connections to the server are direct and no proxy can be configured to intercept the data. In order to tell the game to connect to a proxy anyway, I patched the cocos2d library to tell libcurl to connect using a proxy:
    View attachment 929403
    Whenever this patched libcocos2d.dll file is used all connections will go through a proxy at 127.0.0.1:8888.

• Q: My game appdata is in a non-default folder, how can I change the path for the proxy?
    A: Open TwoHornsProxy.exe.config and edit the value for "MapPath" at the end of the file. You will also find all the spoofed messages there.

Let me know if there's any problems, any feedback is appreciated. I didn't have an old "endgame" save so testing everything beforehand was not possible.

Cheers,
I have an network error, how to fix this? Thx for help

KR4T05191

Jun 20, 2019

Mega

If you played 0.0.13 before you will most likely have all of these already. Extract the contents of the zip to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\TwoHorns\PinkCafeArt\OgreData\ScenarioData\ogre_alpha_scenario\map\

3. Launch TwoHornsProxy.exe. The first time you run it you will be asked to install and trust a root certificate to your system. This is required to decrypt the https traffic. After accepting the message it will no longer popup in the future.

View attachment 929410

FAQ

View attachment 929403

Cheers,
Btw the blue, green, and yellow message don't show up for me

KR4T05191

Jun 20, 2019
After trying to do the same thing 6 times, i've deciced to give up cause I'm losing my time with this uptade.

shittyguy

Jun 8, 2017

Mega

3. Launch TwoHornsProxy.exe. The first time you run it you will be asked to install and trust a root certificate to your system. This is required to decrypt the https traffic. After accepting the message it will no longer popup in the future. Important: You must leave this proxy window open while you are playing.

View attachment 929410

FAQ

View attachment 929403

Cheers,
damn this dev of the game is doing better at code then yan dev

Reactions: Mythboi

gui43

Mar 15, 2019
Anyone can tell me what is the name of the 2 new side quests or where i can faind them?

KR4T05191

Jun 20, 2019
Well fuck it, I'm not going to play this game anymore if every update you need to have a Ptre
Anyone can tell me what is the name of the 2 new side quests or where i can faind them?
I do not now Boy, find them by yourself.

felixthetrap

May 13, 2019

Mega

View attachment 929410

FAQ

View attachment 929403

Cheers,
Hi, l8rdude

I'm trying to write an api server for this game, on my Android phone. But I can't forge a success response of /gamedata/map since all I get from communications between the game and the real server is either "no token provided" or "invalid token".

Can you give a example of valid response of /gamedata/map? Thanks!

By the way, if the game is using libcurl, the proxy can be set with environment variables like http_proxy or ALL_PROXY. And if that works, it woudn't be necessary to patch the game files anymore, right?

gui43

Mar 15, 2019
I wandered around all the map but it seem that the side-quest will come in the next update cause even in the patreon room where you can see the side-quest the 9th and 10th are missing

KR4T05191

Jun 20, 2019
I wandered around all the map but it seem that the side-quest will come in the next update cause even in the patreon room where you can see the side-quest the 9th and 10th are missing
Well not for me

4.10 star(s) 13 Votes