Unity Abandoned Two Sides Redone [v0.03 Fix 2] [GreonoGames]

3.00 star(s) 18 Votes

Andrrick

Mar 11, 2020
does this game even have an ending last time i played the game crash each time i load. or at you take your things and run

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
How this guy is still making money?
Like everyone else, how is it still any surprise? Remember Teacher's Pets? Even that guy still makes money, and he doesn't even pretend to be alive for more than two years. So clearly, some people don't care about their money at all (it's of course only their problem).

Although in Greono's case, some may still have hope. It's been "only" three months since he posted some images and claimed how hard he's working to release something new. Even I believe (or maybe just want to believe) that he'll probably come back. But unlike some others, I'm not optimistic enough to pay for waiting.

Reactions: Tittsort

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
Unfortunately, yes. But I can understand it. Many devs have it as hobby project and they can only work on it when they have time, it's not a priority. Even the money doesn't necessarily change anything. Not everyone wants to turn it into job. And even those who would like to, they will probably think twice before doing so, if they already have some good stable job. The safe choice is to keep it. Making the game their main source of income is not safe at all, especially if their whole business model depends solely on Patreon, because they can get kicked from there any time for any reason.

Leyequois

Jul 13, 2017
Unfortunately, yes. But I can understand it. Many devs have it as hobby project and they can only work on it when they have time, it's not a priority. Even the money doesn't necessarily change anything. Not everyone wants to turn it into job. And even those who would like to, they will probably think twice before doing so, if they already have some good stable job. The safe choice is to keep it. Making the game their main source of income is not safe at all, especially if their whole business model depends solely on Patreon, because they can get kicked from there any time for any reason.
Yeah, but most devs update every so often, if not images or releases, at the very least with text, an explanation on what/why, this guy lost my support, and many others, because of this and the fact that he actually remade the game from scratch and didn't even release with what images he already had, as many do(And then just update with the new renders)

So yeah, I really looked forward to seeing more of this, but I guess it was a dream

PS. Anyone knows what model, if any, he uses for Anny and the Female MC?

Leyequois

Jul 13, 2017
They all come back when the patron count falls low. I was the same with Bad Bobby Saga, moment the dev went to making less than 1k a month immediately releases an update after an 8 month delay.
Yeah, not this guy, but I feel what you say about Bad Bobby Saga, I really hope that gets finished(It has more content but still takes too long) as I REALLY like the models in that one

Leyequois

Jul 13, 2017
Such a pitty it was a good game too bad he not answer to the massages regarding the updated and its not the only game that abendon most of great games suddenly abendon or onhold sevrel of months hopefully the dev will returan or someone will create something similer or some mod
The thing is, with things being the way it is, it is permissible, there is "An excuse"(I've worked remotely ever since March, and never stopped, that is why I put Excused in quotes) but this guy has always been like this, he makes an update, then disappears for a long time, and the updates are always minor and full of bugs

Reactions: carderno

Decoy-71-

Aug 25, 2017
It's a pity that I left the game. The idea was interesting. Different genres of the game, which was very pleasing. Not everyone would do this. I would find such a person who would take an idea and make a game. It would be better on RenPy. Development will be easier in a sense and play easier

Leyequois

Jul 13, 2017
It's a pity that I left the game. The idea was interesting. Different genres of the game, which was very pleasing. Not everyone would do this. I would find such a person who would take an idea and make a game. It would be better on RenPy. Development will be easier in a sense and play easier
This is going to be in a LONG time, but I AM studying Unreal and C++(And python, and java, and blender XD ) and am thinking of making a game like this one, but again, long time from now, and my idea is to make it similar but not the same, so as to not have the trouble of "You stole my idea", and to make it a free roam(On small locations) instead of a pre rendered thing, and publish it by chapters, maybe(Because I thought to wait and make a main storyline and not publish it until then, but that might not be the best idea)

IDK, this is just a sketch in my mind atm, but I will try and do it

Decoy-71-

Aug 25, 2017
This is going to be in a LONG time, but I AM studying Unreal and C++(And python, and java, and blender XD ) and am thinking of making a game like this one, but again, long time from now, and my idea is to make it similar but not the same, so as to not have the trouble of "You stole my idea", and to make it a free roam(On small locations) instead of a pre rendered thing, and publish it by chapters, maybe(Because I thought to wait and make a main storyline and not publish it until then, but that might not be the best idea)

IDK, this is just a sketch in my mind atm, but I will try and do it
This is the plus of the game that it is not standard. I would be glad to see something similar or in the same spirit

3.00 star(s) 18 Votes