Unity Abandoned Two Sides Redone [v0.03 Fix 2] [GreonoGames]

3.00 star(s) 18 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So this was a remake of an older incomplete game?
Doesn't seem like they got very far
This was the famous example of a redone for no reason messing everything up.

If you've ever been through the forums and seen a dev mention remaster or remake and then people saying it's all going to go wrong, games like this paved the way for that.

It's very rare a remake or remaster happens and everything works out.

There was a game called Underboss Life, got to 0.2 and the dev decided to do a remake. All in all it should have taken a couple of months, there wasn't a great deal of content and he wasn't changing much.

It's now been 3 years and nothing. Dev still says it's coming but I don't think anyone actually believes him at the this point. There was a stage I wanted him to prove me wrong but it's just been too long with nothing happening that even if it did relaunch I very highly doubt anyone would care. After taking this long it would take a miracle for him to build faith with enough of a playerbase to make it worthwhile.

So remasters/remakes are a running joke now.

Reactions: Panonon

seekerjf

Mar 10, 2018
Is there any game like this with a similar premise? It seems like an idea that someone else would have tried doing at least once.

Revo

Jun 18, 2017
Does anyone know the rules on copying this story, what if another creator takes over the story remaking it, it would be amazing to see this game again, does a creator have to ask him/her permission or make the story just different enough that its not copying, I love Two Sides even for the little content it had its sucks that its abandoned now.
I can probably answer that, under normal circumstances you have to ask the creator in order to be able to work on a new version of the game, but since greono have been off the grid for over a year is possible that you can just hop on it, and call it a "fan game" or if it is a port version of it to let's say renpy, it can be classified as an unofficial port. If greono doesn't come out of the woodwork for this, then you are most likely on the safe side and can do whatever you want with it. I think the major line here is if you are making money out of it since some devs doesn't like the idea of people making money out of their projects, but... they can't say anything if they are off the grid such as this case since greono haven't peaked his head in the forums for quite sometime as far as I know

Some_Dude?

Apr 27, 2017
I can probably answer that, under normal circumstances you have to ask the creator in order to be able to work on a new version of the game, but since greono have been off the grid for over a year is possible that you can just hop on it, and call it a "fan game" or if it is a port version of it to let's say renpy, it can be classified as an unofficial port. If greono doesn't come out of the woodwork for this, then you are most likely on the safe side and can do whatever you want with it. I think the major line here is if you are making money out of it since some devs doesn't like the idea of people making money out of their projects, but... they can't say anything if they are off the grid such as this case since greono haven't peaked his head in the forums for quite sometime as far as I know
Thanks that was an old question but its still nice to know, I have no idea how to make games at all I was just asking for other people if anyone wanted to take up this project or something similar to it, it was good for what it was but abandoned so fast sadly and I wanted to see more.

Revo

Jun 18, 2017
Thanks that was an old question but its still nice to know, I have no idea how to make games at all I was just asking for other people if anyone wanted to take up this project or something similar to it, it was good for what it was but abandoned so fast sadly and I wanted to see more.
I'm in the same boat, but I'm honestly curious on how to make games. I don't think the majority of people won't be willing to pick an existent ip since they are either busy with their own projects or have no idea how to make games like us. I honestly haven't seen a game that have similar ideas as this one, you can call this game a unique gem since nobody have thought about creating a game with similar tropes and genres. Sadly, you are not the only one who was hoping to see more of this game, but I can probably understand if the reason why greono left was because people found out who he was in irl since I think he said he never told his family about making adult games, and recently had a child (at the time), I would probably do the same thing if I was in his shoes.

Reactions: Some_Dude?

Some_Dude?

Apr 27, 2017
I'm in the same boat, but I'm honestly curious on how to make games. I don't think the majority of people won't be willing to pick an existent ip since they are either busy with their own projects or have no idea how to make games like us. I honestly haven't seen a game that have similar ideas as this one, you can call this game a unique gem since nobody have thought about creating a game with similar tropes and genres. Sadly, you are not the only one who was hoping to see more of this game, but I can probably understand if the reason why greono left was because people found out who he was in irl since I think he said he never told his family about making adult games, and recently had a child (at the time), I would probably do the same thing if I was in his shoes.
If your looking for similar games Chemical Change is a pretty good one, you start off as a male and get changed into a female and your choices affect the story its was pretty good, but I manly want Two Sides back because of the graphics and its story was better, its like the prologue was done than just abandoned sadly, its like if the credits role for Star Wars and than the movie doesn't play if that makes sense.

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Pretty sure f95zone doesn't care if someone new starts working on a game provided that the game has been abandoned for 6 months or so.
If a game is labeled as abandoned though, I'm pretty sure anyone can pick it up. I remember seeing some people talking about picking up body exchange even though the dev (somehow?) still has people supporting him after more than a year of no activity.

SidTheInsane

May 27, 2018
I have a CG rip for the original still downloaded on my pc, but the new one is just a big unity file
You can probably just extract them - there is planty of Unity tools and if not, you can write scritps that will extract them from a scene in the Unity's player itself.

krwhmg8razn1

Nov 10, 2019
Got stuck on "you take your things and run". game does not progress, it stays on this screen forever. i tried reloading many saves and choosing different choices.

Bellyk Franck

May 28, 2017
Hi, Please I need help:
After beating bret, the screen freezes on this... No way to move over it... Is it a bug ?

1685185006478.png

3.00 star(s) 18 Votes