VN Ren'Py Completed Two Weeks [Ep. 6 Fixed] [Madek]

2.80 star(s) 59 Votes

Gary_Indiana

Jun 24, 2018
Some clarifications about decisions based paths in the game
Sep 12 at 2:21pm
Hey,
So we wanted to talk about this later but some of you asked questions about it, so here is the anwser;

The code aspect is clearly not my area, I tried to introduce different paths via simple but impactful choices.

You may already have encountered some bugs, it can ruin your experience, there is nothing worse than getting an error while playing, we'll all agree on that.

And as you know, if you read my previous post, I'm not working on my own anymore.

With my teammate, we decided it would be best not to reuse previous choices made in already released episodes, so that we can build some more robust code from now on.

We definitely want to introduce some content based on choices made in the past, starting from the next episode we will release.

We have decided to do like that to reduce as much as possible the probability of bugs growing more and more.

Have a good day!
Look, I respect that this is your game and everything and you can do whatever you want with it but I think you are throwing the baby out with the bath water here. There are plenty of examples on the net and in other Renpy games you can look at to see how multiple branches are done. If it breaks the save so be it. People will just have to play the game again. Better that than saying the players decisions don't matter i.m.o

Also the game is pretty good so far

fenixblack

Oct 22, 2017
Look, I respect that this is your game and everything and you can do whatever you want with it but I think you are throwing the baby out with the bath water here. There are plenty of examples on the net and in other Renpy games you can look at to see how multiple branches are done. If it breaks the save so be it. People will just have to play the game again. Better that than saying the players decisions don't matter i.m.o

Also the game is pretty good so far
To be honest, there weren't any huge game changing decisions yet. If you chose wrong you were missing maybe 2 or 3 scenes. The game doesn't have any point system as far as i know, so you're also not loosing anything. I don't mind that decisions from previous versions won't matter, they were pretty cryptic anyway

wyattschu

Sep 19, 2018
Hi guys, I was playing at that wonderfull game but suddenly, when Lydia arrive at home, I have an error who pop up and, when I click on "ignore" i'm busted at staring or spying Lydia and the game give me an game over, can you help me please ? It's normal ? It's an issue ? :/

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jun 3, 2018
Hi guys, I was playing at that wonderfull game but suddenly, when Lydia arrive at home, I have an error who pop up and, when I click on "ignore" i'm busted at staring or spying Lydia and the game give me an game over, can you help me please ? It's normal ? It's an issue ? :/

[/SPOILER]
Don't click "ignore",, just click "rollback",, it's a bug,,
The Dev and someone on this thread still workin on it,,
If u think that's unhelpful, just search a couple previous pages, there was someone has a same issue as yours,,

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
I really hope that the plot of the game will develop slowly. Let there be a dozen patches and a year of time, the game will only gain new fans, and the developer of new sponsors
P.S. with the upcoming update I will become a sponsor myself:winkytongue:
Hi, could you please post one message only and not separate it into three or more?

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Yep, it's why there's the edit button. You forgot to say something, then use it and add it to what you posted already, unless someone else posted after you. It's kind of an unwritten netiquette in the forums.
You can mark what you added as an update or edit if you want to point out that you added it later.

2.80 star(s) 59 Votes