VN Ren'Py Completed Two Weeks [Ep. 6 Fixed] [Madek]

2.80 star(s) 59 Votes

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
just their generic body type
And you renamne the generic smalltitted, mentally undeveloped supposedly 18yrs old daughters/younger-sisters (with a personality that befits a 10 yrs. old) who always appear to be the cutesy, innocent, clingy, annoyingly insecure? Like 99 out of 100 times? Just curious.

Reactions: supermanz95

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
And you renamne the generic smalltitted, mentally undeveloped supposedly 18yrs old daughters/younger-sisters (with a personality that befits a 10 yrs. old) who always appear to be the cutesy, innocent, clingy, annoyingly insecure? Like 99 out of 100 times? Just curious.

Theboss3213

Jun 14, 2018
Alright game to be honest...the mother is extremely hot. Feels weird how the MC refers the mother as her name sometimes. Will keep an eye on this but i personally think it's just another A wife and mother teaser type game. Hope new updates change that though. Good luck!

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Patience is a virtue...which is why almost nobody on this pirate forum has it...<sigh>

Reactions: JohnJG

Theboss3213

Jun 14, 2018
Patience is a virtue...which is why almost nobody on this pirate forum has it...<sigh>
I don't think it's about patience...it's more the lack of communications between a dev and their fan/player base. Now i just tried this game out so i don't know if the dev responds or not (guessing he don't). But from other games i personally played...people wanna hear from the dev to see how the game is going, doesn't matter if the work is done or not. To hear something at least rather then dissapear for weeks or months.

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
To hear something at least rather then dissapear for weeks or months.
Like Gumdrops? He keeps good, frequent communication..
I think what's more important that's reliability and trust. Also, certain level of maturity, e.g. when a dev decides to piss on the fans' desire for storyline progress and rebuilds the game engine or adds half a dozen of new useless menus it's ot mature.
If an artist is financially independent, they can create whatever they please at whatever pace. If their fate hangs on patrons' generosity, they should at least try to satisfy their wishes.. Otherwise, they should loose their support. The problem is that for these games here it becomes more a matter of worship than a simple sponsorship, and no matter the devs' actions, their worshippers won't turn their backs on them...
It's just a general comment, not necessarily related to this title..

Reactions: B-52reloaded

Theboss3213

Jun 14, 2018
If an artist is financially independent, they can create whatever they please at whatever pace. If their fate hangs on patrons' generosity, they should at least try to satisfy their wishes.. Otherwise, they should loose their support.
Agreed! They should lose their support. For me personally, the way i see it is if you open a Patreon you are obligated to fulfill the wishes that people are paying for. Some artist just takes the money makes all sorts of promises and is gone for weeks and months. Then the update they come back with is barely a few scenes, if they even come back. Also artist that are financially independent if they release games here just for the sake of letting people enjoy the game they made. Then you really have no right to be complaining, that's of course if they don't have a Patreon. If you don't have the patience for a game update, then your impatience should only matter on these forum cause you been supporting them on Patreon.

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
For me personally, the way i see it is if you open a Patreon you are obligated to fulfill the wishes that people are paying for.
You do not buy anything with patreon, so in a way they doesn't have any obligation to give anything back (unless the artist promises something in return for pledging). I understand that some artist/user scam people with patreon with 1 or 2 update and then ghost with the money but not all of them are like this.

Don't forget, with patreon we are dealing with people, not AAA game or company.

Madek said on his patreon page, this is his first game and when I check the date on his post he's active and post something every month so far. But I can understand that close to the release people get impatient.

Reactions: tarzan999

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
You do not buy anything with patreon, so in a way they doesn't have any obligation to give anything back
Not by the law or rules, all right. But if you for a moment consider the basic meaning of words: 'patron', 'mecenas', 'sponsor', you certainly see a moral imperative or, at least, some common sense for an artist to please the hand that feeds them, instead of constant pissing it off. Don't you agree?
And again, my comment was general, not about this particular creator. So was Theboss3213's, I presume.

Reactions: Theboss3213

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
Not by the law or rules, all right. But if you for a moment consider the basic meaning of words: 'patron', 'mecenas', 'sponsor', you certainly see a moral imperative or, at least, some common sense for an artist to please the hand that feeds them, instead of constant pissing it off. Don't you agree?
And again, my comment was general, not about this particular creator. So was Theboss3213's, I presume.
I agreed and understand both side but not the people who think that any creator have to give an exact release date and keep any deadline.
This creator have a payment per post, if I was pledger I would not like to have to pay for a post that announces me an release tomorrow knowing that the last post had announced a release in two weeks (so this week).

I don't follow this creator for a long time, did he disappear before a release before or do a gumdrop move ?

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
I agreed and understand both side but not the people who think that any creator have to give an exact release date and keep any deadline.
This creator have a payment per post, if I was pledger I would not like to have to pay for a post that announces me an release tomorrow knowing that the last post had announced a release in two weeks (so this week).

I don't follow this creator for a long time, did he disappear before a release before or do a gumdrop move ?
Why do they keep giving the dates then?
Also, the idea of monthly-based Patreon support is.. a mothly release cycle. The creator should switch to that mode when they're confident their product's framework is ready and stable. That's more or less what is happening with Madek now - he finished messing around with the menus, lights, other stuff and seems to focus on the content now.
I only hope he won't turn into any of those sleazy, tricky bastards who first succeed on a regular delivery, but suddenly - with more money per month - they start to suffer from some mysterious issues and release periods get longer, and longer, and longer.. to some absurd extent like from Gumdrops.
And this still is not the worst part of the story, because I can understand their tactics to some degree. What I cannot understand at all is patrons turning into some kind of worshippers, defending creators no matter what and paying them for less and less frequent updates, or - as in the example above - for no updates whatsoever. Well, people can even wipe their asses with their own money, I don't care. But I don't have to see any sense in this.. And I don't.

Theboss3213

Jun 14, 2018
You do not buy anything with patreon, so in a way they doesn't have any obligation to give anything back
Yes you do...you buy their promise to work on a game that you enjoyed playing. Almost all artist when opening a Patreon always say "If you donate and support me, i will work harder on this game to make it better for you guys". That's a promise to me the supporter, which gives them obligations they need to uphold. Oh and yeah Radoslaw Wolf was talking about it in general. Also agreed on the worshipper part, they are the worst. They'd go through hell just to defend a creator who hasn't been seen in month's.

Reactions: Radoslaw Wolf

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
Why do they keep giving the dates then?
Release date
Patrons only
Sep 29 at 8:19pm
We plan on releasing in two weeks.
Thanks for your support!
In this case he didn't give any date, he said 2 weeks.
I read this and think release this week.
People read this and think release in 14 days so he's 2 days late now and without any new post on his patreon page = ghost = milk = scam... :noexpression:
That's why DC doesn't give any release date, people loose their mind when the release miss the deadline and trash talk immediately.

Yes you do...you buy their promise to work on a game that you enjoyed playing. Almost all artist when opening a Patreon always say "If you donate and support me, i will work harder on this game to make it better for you guys". That's a promise to me the supporter, which gives them obligations they need to uphold. Oh and yeah Radoslaw Wolf was talking about it in general. Also agreed on the worshipper part, they are the worst. They'd go through hell just to defend a creator who hasn't been seen in month's.
What I mean by buy is like buying a game on steam. You buy it, it's yours.
For me patreon is giving money to someone so they can buy assets, upgrade their pc and if they have time (irl is not always easy), work on thing they do and giving back to their supporters.
If a creator ghost me with some bullshit excuses I reduce my pledge almost immediately (or cancel it but that depend on the creator). Second time they do something like thing I remove my pledge, I can take the game here :angel:
If I don't show up to work I don't get paid, I apply the same thing with patreon.

And I agreed on the worshipper part, it's sad to see people giving money to some shady "creators" when others get less but update more their project.

Reactions: ImSims
2.80 star(s) 59 Votes