VN Ren'Py Completed Two Weeks [Ep. 6 Fixed] [Madek]

2.80 star(s) 59 Votes
R

RWaites

In this case he didn't give any date, he said 2 weeks.
I read this and think release this week.
People read this and think release in 14 days so he's 2 days late now and without any new post on his patreon page = ghost = milk = scam... :noexpression:
That's why DC doesn't give any release date, people loose their mind when the release miss the deadline and trash talk immediately.

What I mean by buy is like buying a game on steam. You buy it, it's yours.
For me patreon is giving money to someone so they can buy assets, upgrade their pc and if they have time (irl is not always easy), work on thing they do and giving back to their supporters.
If a creator ghost me with some bullshit excuses I reduce my pledge almost immediately (or cancel it but that depend on the creator). Second time they do something like thing I remove my pledge, I can take the game here :angel:
If I don't show up to work I don't get paid, I apply the same thing with patreon.

And I agreed on the worshipper part, it's sad to see people giving money to some shady "creators" when others get less but update more their project.
@Madek doesn't charge Patreons on a monthly basis only per creation so there is no question of milking anyone

Reactions: Chasso

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
@Madek doesn't charge Patreons on a monthly basis only per creation so there is no question of milking anyone
Firstly, I said I was writing generally and only expressed my concern he would not become one of the milkers.
Secondly, he edited his post and added he'd charge monthly from now on, meaning he commits to regular monthly updates.
Lastly, let us not argue over parts of posts taken out of context.

Reactions: Theboss3213

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
In this case he didn't give any date, he said 2 weeks.
now() + 14 days: sounds like a date to me.

And I agreed on the worshipper part, it's sad to see people giving money to some shady "creators" when others get less but update more their project.
That's all I meant, with no regards at this point to Madek, who seems to be a good man, maybe only a bit too much of a hostage to his own necessity for perfection..

Reactions: dekmma
R

RWaites

Firstly, I said I was writing generally and only expressed my concern he would not become one of the milkers.
Secondly, he edited his post and added he'd charge monthly from now on, meaning so he commits to regular monthly updates.
Lastly, let us not argue over parts of posts taken out of context.
Iwas only informing not accuseing anyone and I believe monthly charges begin 1st Nov.

Reactions: Radoslaw Wolf

fenixblack

Oct 22, 2017
two weeks is a pretty specific date to me. If I tell a client I'm going on vacation for 14 days and then come back in 17, they'd be pissed. Understandably. Besides it's not the first time the dev promised something and underdelivered completely. Just look at the last update, which was several weeks late and only 5 minutes of gameplay. Madek seems like a nice guy and sure has talent, but he's totally unreliable with this project

dekmma

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
two weeks is a pretty specific date to me. If I tell a client I'm going on vacation for 14 days and then come back in 17, they'd be pissed. Understandably. Besides it's not the first time the dev promised something and underdelivered completely. Just look at the last update, which was several weeks late and only 5 minutes of gameplay. Madek seems like a nice guy and sure has talent, but he's totally unreliable with this project
That's a good point, well I hope you'll change your mind in the upcoming months.
It's my first game and I'm still a small fish, I took time to try things since I'm still on "per creation payment". (wich really suck by the way, for many reasons)
It went not as expected, for this reason I've worked on a longer (and less shitty, let's be honest) episode, wich take time but we'll be released soon enough.
I understand this industry is quite unstable, it's not an easy task to gain trust but I will.

fenixblack

Oct 22, 2017
That's a good point, well I hope you'll change your mind in the upcoming months.
I hope so, because I really like your game despite all its flaws. That's why I always come back to this thread and write feedback. If I didn't like your game, I wouldn't even care if it was delayed. Btw I'm sure you'd gain more trust if you communicate more frequently about your current develpoment status. Like "it's 70% done, you can expect the update by the end of the month" or something

Reactions: JaxXxon

ZAZARAZA

Jun 10, 2017
It's my first game and I'm still a small fish, I took time to try things since I'm still on "per creation payment". (wich really suck by the way, for many reasons)
It went not as expected, for this reason I've worked on a longer (and less shitty, let's be honest) episode, wich take time but we'll be released soon enough.
I understand this industry is quite unstable, it's not an easy task to gain trust but I will.
Soon, when?

ImSims

Feb 19, 2018
Start with communication, it is the key to success! ;)

We the people? People around us? We are not robots and not chips, we do not have a power supply.

To charge us as batteries in the long term? I see no reason to support it!

Peace to all! =)

Deleted member 795684

Aug 2, 2018
About the inviting his best friend to the beach with his family: ''Everyone is not Eric''.

Ohhh Big Brother. You are the Tango&Cash/Lethal Weapon of incest games. Like most of the buddy cop movies take example of these ones, nearly every incest game take examples from you and nod to you in some capacity.

2.80 star(s) 59 Votes