VN Ren'Py Completed Two Weeks [Ep. 6 Fixed] [Madek]

2.80 star(s) 59 Votes

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
To make a game financially viable you have to be in it for the long run with consistent updates. Many of the developers that are able to pay their bills, didn't receive substantial funding until they were way into their development cycle. There are too many projects to back and many quit, leaving those who would show support tentative until the developer shows he's reliable.

It's a pity because this game was showing great promise with a HOT MILF, one of my favorites and a HOT S.
I hope you reconsider Madek. Ask someone on this forum to help out with coding and story if you must. I always say "If you build it, they will cum!"
It's unfortunate not everyone has the luxury to take that risk of putting full-time effort/work for consistent updates for no money, in hopes of getting a following of sustainable support.

IMO, people in Madek's situation who truly tried, should take a moment to step back and take a break from Patreon. He can focus on work to pay the bills while secretly developing something brand new in his spare time. Because there's no deadline or expectation from supporters, there's no stress to meet deadlines. After he has developed a decent amount of content, he could come back and try again.

I have thought about if I ever decide to try to develop my own VN. I would develop in my spare time up to 0.6 or something before taking the risk of trying to make it as an amateur dev. Then I would have a small backlog of releases that I can release monthly or bi-monthly over the course of 5 to 10 months to have a gauranteed consistent release schedule to build a following. If I go bi-monthly, I'll have 10 months to develop 0.7 to 0.10 for example, while 0.2 to 0.6 are being released.

Not everyone is going to strike lightning immediately or has the luxury to drop everything to immediately work as a full-time dev straight out the gate, and sometimes you simply have to plan ahead for a chance to make it. I hope Madek tries again in the future. He has the artistic vision, that I would like to see again.

Pal_

Jul 13, 2017
The thing is, it's my first project, I did a lot of mistakes and some of them are not fixable.
Even for someone who don't know the game and is willing to give it a try, it's all messy, it's in 2 parts, previous choices not registered etc.
I've learned a lot and I'll comeback with a more professional approach.
I believe doing a proper ending now is the right choice.

Hey Dekmma, I red it, it´s a shame. I was one, who criticized one of your updates, because it was too small on my opinion, but still, you were one of the good devs here. Personally, I`d categorize you on the top 10 here, coming close to dual-family, if you´d manage to be motivated and consistent for a longer time with your updates and your game. The skills and the talent are definetly there, much more than many others have. Hope you´ll stay here and don´t abandon everything completely.

You say, that many things were messy. What do you refer to? The code or other things?

May 8, 2018
Well, yeah...thanks for your interest everyone.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's a shame. This game was one of the promising games here on this site. I really looked forward for a new update. Just like some have said earlier, You can't expect to get lot of Patreons if this is your first attempt in making games. You should be there for some time untill players get to know You and later decide to support You. I liked Your models and story in this game and I hope You make remake of this game as some of Your next projects. Anyway, I wish You all the luck in Your life and in Your next projects.

Reactions: zecon

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017
@dekmma - Nooo, I'm so sorry to see this one end. I truly thought you had something that was going to be really special, with potential to be really big. Out of all these games, this one had my favorite Sister model by far, and the Mom was almost just as good.

I think part of the problem might have been it was a slow burn. I have no doubt you would have found more support once the game started to really pick up. Just my opinion, but I think a lot of these games should be fairly close to a nukige.

My suggestion would be to go back to "per creation" instead of "monthly" on Patreon. I don't know how big you were intending this project to be, but maybe quietly remake the whole thing fixing the problems you have with it. Or make a new game with what you've learned. You could even do like a side game or something with only the Protagonist and the Sister. Something more straight forward with less choices, etc. Speed up the "progression" more so it isn't as much of slow burn, and I think you will get closer to the following you're hoping for. Just please don't let this sister model die.

I strongly feel you shouldn't give up on this. You did some amazing work, and I genuinely think you're very close to reaching that next level of support. If it would help I will throw in my support for you right now. But whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best with everything.

Jun 3, 2018
why? i know everyone got its own reason, but,,,,, just why? this game is knocked out man, the renders were badass,, i love this game,, so sad...,,
but anyway, goodluck with ur new project ahead,,

Reactions: zecon

dekmma

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
I didn't expect that kind of support honestly, thanks a lot!

Hey Dekmma, I red it, it´s a shame. I was one, who criticized one of your updates, because it was too small on my opinion, but still, you were one of the good devs here. Personally, I`d categorize you on the top 10 here, coming close to dual-family, if you´d manage to be motivated and consistent for a longer time with your updates and your game. The skills and the talent are definetly there, much more than many others have. Hope you´ll stay here and don´t abandon everything completely.

You say, that many things were messy. What do you refer to? The code or other things?
The code(two parts), I would have to rework the entire game, it's a lot of work.
Many renders are bad, like creepy faces, bad light etc.
Overall this is not clean.

The second thing is the format used, a lot of time you have to occupy the space with meaningless dialogues and this is clearly not a fun part to do, this lead to a linear game, to compensate you now have to add choices which create consequences, these consequences lead to more dialogues.
I'd like to change that, less meaningless dialogues, more gameplay, this way I can split the task with my teammate, it means more freedom to create truly good content.

On a side note I may reuse the characters, but if you already banged em in another life it kinda breaks the magic, dosen't it? :]
I tried to articulate it the best that I could with my broken english.

Deleted member 1044747

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018
@dekmma - Nooo, I'm so sorry to see this one end. I truly thought you had something that was going to be really special, with potential to be really big. Out of all these games, this one had my favorite Sister model by far, and the Mom was almost just as good.

I think part of the problem might have been it was a slow burn. I have no doubt you would have found more support once the game started to really pick up. Just my opinion, but I think a lot of these games should be fairly close to a nukige.

My suggestion would be to go back to "per creation" instead of "monthly" on Patreon. I don't know how big you were intending this project to be, but maybe quietly remake the whole thing fixing the problems you have with it. Or make a new game with what you've learned. You could even do like a side game or something with only the Protagonist and the Sister. Something more straight forward with less choices, etc. Speed up the "progression" more so it isn't as much of slow burn, and I think you will get closer to the following you're hoping for. Just please don't let this sister model die.

I strongly feel you shouldn't give up on this. You did some amazing work, and I genuinely think you're very close to reaching that next level of support. If it would help I will throw in my support for you right now. But whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best with everything.
I agree with almost everything you wrote but the part about pacing.
I think the pacing in this game is perfect - it's slow enough to be considered "realistic", but fast enough to feel rewarding.

The code(two parts), I would have to rework the entire game, it's a lot of work.

The second thing is the format used, a lot of time you have to occupy the space with meaningless dialogues and this is clearly not a fun part to do, this lead to a linear game, to compensate you now have to add choices which create consequences, these consequences lead to more dialogues.
I'd like to change that, less meaningless dialogues, more gameplay, this way I can split the task with my teammate, it means more freedom to create truly good content.

On a side note I may reuse the characters, but if you already banged em in another life it kinda breaks the magic, dosen't it? :]
I think you are too critical about certain elements of your game.
The renders are just fine and I never found the dialogue verbose or boring. It is just on point and - especially between MC and sister - downright funny.

As others have already stated it would be a shame to simply throw such a well crafted game just away.

It just needs some rework by

- "glueing" together the split-up parts (Ep. 1-4 and 5) and overhauling the love/lust game mechanics en passant
- fixing bugs (there's a bug caused by peeking on Lydia just once in the changing room later on when she visits the family)
- proofreading (still quite a few misspellings and at one point in the bathroom the sister says a complete sentence in French)

The first task being a major one, but if you manage that and continue to release content on a regular base you will have a five star game (right now I consider it 4 stars).

So maybe reconsider your decision - and if you don't: Thanks for giving us an ending.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
@dekmma

Around the slow burn, I think that's just based on preferences. People will like it and people won't like yourself. I think we can all agree it's faster than DMD ;)

Around the per update collection v monthly, as we've all heard @dekmma has unfortunately stumbled on financial issues with the current model so reducing his income also means cutting out the team and other things.

It's unfortunate not everyone has the luxury to take that risk of putting full-time effort/work for consistent updates for no money, in hopes of getting a following of sustainable support.

IMO, people in Madek's situation who truly tried, should take a moment to step back and take a break from Patreon. He can focus on work to pay the bills while secretly developing something brand new in his spare time. Because there's no deadline or expectation from supporters, there's no stress to meet deadlines. After he has developed a decent amount of content, he could come back and try again.
I don't think you're the only one with the same stepping away from Patreon idea (Definitely not a bad idea :)) and it's up to @dekmma to do as he wishes :)

I think you are too critical about certain elements of the game.
The renders are just fine and I never found the dialogue verbose or boring. It is just on point and - especially between MC and sister - downright funny.

As others have already stated it would be a shame to simply throw such a well done game just away.
It needs rework - not regarding the pacing or dialogue, but

- "glueing" together the split-up parts (Ep. 1-4 and 5) and overhauling the love/lust game mechanics
- fixing bugs (there's a bug caused by peeking on Lydia just once in the changing room later on when she visits the family)
- proofreading (still quite a few misspellings and at one point in the bathroom the sister says a complete sentence in French)

The first task being a major one, but if you manage that and continue to release content on a regular base you will have a five star game (right now I consider it 4 stars) - so maybe reconsider your decision...
Around the renders they're definitely not bad but there's always room for improvement. You're right around the dialogue between the MC and the sister and gives the story some depth.

But when it comes to "gluing" the two parts together, I'm assuming that you haven't seen code before (Happy to be corrected on that of course). It's like joining an unfinished Frankenstein with a baby and his/her mother who happens to be a she-devil. It's not impossible but if you've changed key phrases/variables, it's a really long and painful process going back and adjusting them through the entire code. Sometimes you're just better off starting from scratch.

Like what many people have said I'm also disappointed that you've had to finish this because of financial issues but (And I'm happy to be the unpopular opinion on this), I think you're doing the right thing by putting an ending together rather than completely abandoning this and two for stepping away from this. I'm happy that you've noted some mistakes (The two parts as you've said) and that you'll learn from them. Keep this up and I'm sure you'll be on the right path to gaining patrons later on.

With what you're saying in terms of dialogue, I think you should just plan more of it and that may help how to write things. Like what I said above and what @Romanes Eunt Domus said, you have parts that hit the spot but if you are thinking of more "gameplay" whether it be more choices or if you turn to sandbox type games in the future, it sounds like more planning was needed.

I stayed because I loved the sister like many others and also I wanted to see how this would turn out. I do like your work but I'm really happy that you noted there's mistakes and made a tough but financially correct decision to restart from scratch. Hope you do get to re-use or create renders similar to the sister and mother and hope you come back stronger and better :)

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
There is a saying: perfect is the enemy of good. Madek had a very good product, with exceptional renders quality, interesting characters and storyline omitting the most obvious cliché. But instead of focusing on it, he decided to make it perfect, pissing off even the most devoted fans on the way and ending up without sufficient support.
I'm not an "I told you" type of guy, but.. I told you. Several times.

Reactions: zecon and Cico8

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Ah love your avatar.. Captain Obvious lol

There is a saying: perfect is the enemy of good. Madek had a very good product, with exceptional renders quality, interesting characters and storyline omitting the most obvious cliché. But instead of focusing on it, he decided to make it perfect, pissing off even the most devoted fans on the way and ending up without sufficient support.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Definitely saddened by the fact that the dev is backing off of this one and next update would be the last, it's a sad because I really like the game, especially the art and models but the story too had a nice feel to it :/
I hope the dev will reconsider, or maybe someone could take over the project but keeping it authentic, staying true to how it is and feels right now :)

At any rate, whatever the dev decides to do next, I wish all the best and good luck :)

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Definitely saddened by the fact that the dev is backing off of this one and next update would be the last, it's a sad because I really like the game, especially the art and models but the story too had a nice feel to it :/
I hope the dev will reconsider, or maybe someone could take over the project but keeping it authentic, staying true to how it is and feels right now :)

At any rate, whatever the dev decides to do next, I wish all the best and good luck :)
I agree with Eerie. For me this was one of the most anticipated newer games out there! I wish that I could've supported it longer and with more money on Patreon, but sadly it wasn't possible.
Well hopefully there will be a way to continue this game, because there are way too many promising abandoned games out there.

I also wish the best to the dev. :)

tung17cm

Sep 29, 2018
So sad. :cry::cry: This is a promising game, with a unique mother model, not in contact with other Milf. And I think we should respect Dev's decision, he must have been thinking very carefully about that decision. If you force him, even if you continue to work, the quality of the game will not be the same.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
So sad. :cry::cry: This is a promising game, with a unique mother model, not in contact with other Milf. And I think we should respect Dev's decision, he must have been thinking very carefully about that decision. If you force him, even if you continue to work, the quality of the game will not be the same.
Yeah all that is very true, and I guess it's true what they say; "all good must come to an end", which sucks of course.

dekmma

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
On the other hand if I feel frustrated each update because I think the product is bad then it's not healthy either and not fair for those who support the game.

I'll keep what made this game promising and with the experience gained try to produce a better product, win win! (not sure M will be one of them and she's a pain in the ass for me, I can't tell you why otherwise you will only focus on this)

2.80 star(s) 59 Votes