funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I still haven't done LoF - just followed it after others talked about it. That sounds like a VN that requires at least six or seven potentially very different routes to get the various potential endings, and I'm starting to wonder if I have the time (or the mental fortitude given the absolutely rabid folks in that thread, God love 'em!) to devote to something that takes so many iterations to get through - I already have enough of those.

Any time I see sandbox, though, even if I like a Dev's other VNs, after trying to get through one rather large one and progressing so damn slowly, I'm instantly hesitant. I don't need linear, but I don't want to have to repetitively engage in activities over and over just to get enough points to go from mild flirting to holding hands to head pats to no-skin petting to skin-petting, to, maybe, 100 hours of play later, seeing the LI actually naked.
well maybe this will be helpful to you.
It is very much worth a couple playthroughs. Cece and Lexi's & Lexi+Holy's story paths are very much worth playing through. Their stories are very well written. The story begin to drop in the sense of feeling not fully thought out with the rest of characters near the ending (still worth playing them imho. But you won't experience much in terms of "wow factor").

So, if you think you can go through at least 2 playthroughs maybe 3 if you're missing either the Lexi+holy combo story, or if you did that one and just missing Lexi solo (not much difference between those 2 in terms of story, perhaps some dialogs etc), then it's very worth it. So 2 times would be more than enough if you typically get tired of that style of game.

It's entirely up to you of course. But I recommend the VN for it's story richness, it will make you laugh, shock and gut punch you. I could go on and on about which story path is still worth playing or not, but this isn't the thread for it anyhow.

I hope you decide to try it because Drifty really flexed his creative muscles and earned a lot of points as a creator with that VN.

Last edited:

Exterant

Aug 6, 2022
Wow! Not that I was expecting it to be less than great but Drifty is truly progressing as a developer! A lot of people don't enjoy sandboxes, but I think it spices the game up and steers away from the monotony of most AVNs and allows for plenty of varying playthroughs. My favorite characters so far are Teagan and Samantha, what about you guys?

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
well maybe this will be helpful to you.
It is very much worth a couple playthroughs. Cece and Lexi's & Lexi+Holy's story paths are very much worth playing through. Their stories are very well written. The story begin to drop in the sense of feeling not fully thought out with the rest of characters near the ending (still worth playing them imho. But you won't experience much in terms of "wow factor").

So, if you think you can go through at least 2 playthroughs maybe 3 if you're missing either the Lexi+holy combo story, or if you did that one and just missing Lexi solo (not much difference between those 2 in terms of story, perhaps some dialogs etc), then it's very worth it. So 2 times would be more than enough if you typically get tired of that style of game.

It's entirely up to you of course. But I recommend the VN for it's story richness, it will make you laugh, shock and gut punch you. I could go on and on about which story path is still worth playing or not, but this isn't the thread for it anyhow.

I hope you decide to try it because Drifty really flexed his creative muscles and earned a lot of points as a creator with that VN.
My main thing is trying to understand how many significant branches there are, and where they start to branch off.

If getting each ending is an entirely unique play through with few or no common elements after a brief introductory and "here's the set up" portion of the game (first hour or two, say) and it takes a twenty or so hours to go down each path you take, that gets pretty daunting. If there's commonality and I can skip through a few hours worth of repetition in a few minutes on each path, doing a half dozen paths isn't as much of a grind.

Reactions: Mars_ixv

camube

Jun 4, 2022
My main thing is trying to understand how many significant branches there are, and where they start to branch off.

If getting each ending is an entirely unique play through with few or no common elements after a brief introductory and "here's the set up" portion of the game (first hour or two, say) and it takes a twenty or so hours to go down each path you take, that gets pretty daunting. If there's commonality and I can skip through a few hours worth of repetition in a few minutes on each path, doing a half dozen paths isn't as much of a grind.
The main story of Leap of Faith is ultimately about Cece. Even if you don't choose Cece's path, the main story is still largely about her.

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

fatenite1

Apr 17, 2021

I'm with you on redoing the game over and over again is trying. But LoF is definitely worth the times of replaying/skipping dialog for the different endings. Also if you use Sancho's Mod it becomes real easy to know when to save for each path split. I played it over several times from scratch through out before finale version and it was still several hours for the basic playthrough with Cece, then and hour or two ish for the remaining paths at most.

Overall a great game worthy of the time spent. Always a tear when I hear that music...beautiful.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Uh is this bugged? I can't get past the first allocating of points. Nothing i click will let me move forward. It won't let me learn the last point in the connection. I get prompted to "learn" but it does nothing.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. i guess is wants you to click on the arrows instead of the actual trait. :ROFLMAO: Kinda ridiculous.
View attachment 2601926
ahhh yeh, I putsed around there too until you click an 'in-between' arrows and learn it to progress upwards the chart. That bit was oddly explained in the tutorial window imo.

Edit:
one of these
(2) Ren'Py - -u4ia- [Ep1.01c] [DriftyGames] _ F95zone — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

Reactions: Tokenugget

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Sorry, deleted my post once i figured it out. But yeah, that was strange. Must be a programming issue.
Nah, it's just not very visually evident, I'm pretty sure Drifty will eventually rework that screen. I'm positive we're not the only ones that nearly said "I'm stuck wtf!? already broken?" :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Tokenugget

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Nah, it's just not very visually evident, I'm pretty sure Drifty will eventually rework that screen. I'm positive we're not the only ones that nearly said "I'm stuck wtf!? already broken?" :ROFLMAO:
Haha, yeah. The game needs a proper walkthrough at this point. I'm kinda overwhelmed with the amount of sandbox clicks. There's these weird timed "events" and stuff. I mean, i hope i'm not missing anything.

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
Wow! Not that I was expecting it to be less than great but Drifty is truly progressing as a developer! A lot of people don't enjoy sandboxes, but I think it spices the game up and steers away from the monotony of most AVNs and allows for plenty of varying playthroughs. My favorite characters so far are Teagan and Samantha, what about you guys?
I'm with you. The flexibility is what makes it a game instead of just a linear novel clickfest. As far as I'm concerned having some sandbox elements is a big plus because I know the game will usually have more scope and variety. 80% of straight up VNs bore the crap out of me, especially if they're sex based instead of story based.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Ok, I have just played it: it's Drifty's game, so I know for sure that it will be great! I really like it this first chapter, a little bit confusing, but great! So, how will be the LIs? All girls that appeared? Including Sea? I really like her on LoF and if she is a LI, she will be my first playthrough. Can't wait for next updates!

Ille.

Sep 12, 2022
Hey, i am trying to use unren to decompile the ryc, but i get this image and it won't let me decompile. does anyone have a different unren that lets me decompile the rpyc or another way? thanks. 1683428049757.png

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
(y)(y)(y)
I really hate Sandbox games, but this is a Drifty Game
I have simply no chance ignoring it because it´s Drifty.
Thank you very much cause that is a FACT , But we will see.
Yeah Kaz, but no Cece in this one. Who will you end up liking? Can anyone else compete with your Cece?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kazanovaromeo

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Only thing I dont really like so far is how early it seems the stories are branching. I get some people like the replayability thing but its really not for me. After doing my run with my choices I was suprised I missed 2 of the 3 gallery scenes. Also not totally sold on the perks thing yet...just feels like more artificial ways to try getting someone to replay the game 13 times to see the one or two scenes they missed.

Loved leap of faith, but so far this one seems to be shaping up to be wait for mods to update to get everythign in 1 go or to just look at the missed scenes. Not to mention none of the characters really grabbed me right from the get go like in Leap of faith where from the start the characters were amazing.

Reactions: Mars_ixv

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Just finished the first episode and I'm liking it so far. The MC's appearance has grown on me(thought he looked goblinish at first) and he's descent guy so big plus. Characters seem interesting enough and there seem to be potential male friends for the MC, another plus. Not much I can say about the story yet, I will say tho I hate the perks system. I just wanna play the story man I don't want any of that shit. Like I literally missed almost 2k renders during my pt. There's 3k+ in total and I only saw 1k+ and I'm guessing it has something to do with the perks/ability system? . I'm not a fan of VN's with gameplay like that. Like I just wanna read the story and make choices for the MC, that's it. Freeroam in itself sucks but then u add the ability system, it's a nightmare.

Overall tho, I'm still looking forward to the next update. Wish there was a strickly VN mode without the unnecessary bs but it is what it is I guess

4.20 star(s) 26 Votes