qvcatullus

Sep 17, 2020
I don't mind to choose a certain path like in Lof. But here I don't see it well implemented, when you play it for the first time you will most likely end up with the girl you don't want. Because of a decision you made without knowing anything in the first 5 min, that you don't enter where the toilet is or any other decision without knowing it.
I'm fine with paths, but not so soon. When you haven't even met the Li yet.
I really think this game is designed to be played with a walkthrough or play it until you know it by heart.
There are no paths. There's no "end up with." The decisions you made in the first 5 minutes only have bearing on... 30 more? It's chapter 1. We have no idea what the ramifications are.

If as the game unfolds it turns out that indeed the only way to have established a path with, say, Teagan is to have happened to picked her at the docks instead of checking the boat AND there doesn't end up being any built-in walkthrough, then sure, I'll be a little annoyed with the game locking down paths by luck instead of anything logical. As it is, though, we have... one chapter with a cliffhanger ending.

It's valid to be like "I hope Drifty keeps this in mind going forward" but talking like you know we're losing LIs seems remarkably premature. It wouldn't make much sense for me to criticize a game's character development or what have you until... we have some.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
There are no paths. There's no "end up with." The decisions you made in the first 5 minutes only have bearing on... 30 more? It's chapter 1. We have no idea what the ramifications are.

If as the game unfolds it turns out that indeed the only way to have established a path with, say, Teagan is to have happened to picked her at the docks instead of checking the boat AND there doesn't end up being any built-in walkthrough, then sure, I'll be a little annoyed with the game locking down paths by luck instead of anything logical. As it is, though, we have... one chapter with a cliffhanger ending.

It's valid to be like "I hope Drifty keeps this in mind going forward" but talking like you know we're losing LIs seems remarkably premature. It wouldn't make much sense for me to criticize a game's character development or what have you until... we have some.
Again, I was referring only and exclusively to chapter 1, which is what we have so far and the only thing I can comment on.
I am not saying that in the future it will be like that, or that the paths are already closed definitively, because I don't know.

thehsplt

Mar 30, 2019
There is a lot of talk about different paths hear. My solution in games like this I play 3 routes at the same time. How? Simple you have 3 rows of saves so after getting the feel of the game I use 1 row of saves for each path chosen to play. Saves a lot of replay time and can compare as I go along.No save file naming just make a file in the game that says my routes and inside it list route 1 2 and 3 that way you have a record of it from update to update,just transfer to each update.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
There is a lot of talk about different paths hear. My solution in games like this I play 3 routes at the same time. How? Simple you have 3 rows of saves so after getting the feel of the game I use 1 row of saves for each path chosen to play. Saves a lot of replay time and can compare as I go along.No save file naming just make a file in the game that says my routes and inside it list route 1 2 and 3 that way you have a record of it from update to update,just transfer to each update.
should be able to rename save pages.

mpekas

Jul 2, 2017
'As indicated in the top right-hand corner, this is a path-roam."
Unless i missed a stroke or something, it's indicated on the left-hand corner.

The UI for the perks is rather bad - nothing is telling us that we have to spend all the points and nothing is even hinting that we gotta buy the 'arrows'.

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
Why does the protagonist look like a young version of 'hide the pain Harold'. Could have made the protagonist less dopey.

hidethepainharold.jpg

bebiho

Sep 16, 2016
I know this game will be memorable because of Driftys writing, but I think he did a poor job with MC look and also the LI's, he should have had several polls so Patreon subscribers could vote how the characters was gonna look.

The only one who looks good in this VN is Sea and the special character, I think MC should have looked more like Lars. MC looks like your average sleepy joe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schattenlust

tslojr

Apr 8, 2021

Dev Diary, October 6th, 2023
12 hours ago
Once I get to this part of development where I know I'm getting closer to the end, I make a list of things I need to do before it's all done.
Some weeks you get a lot of things crossed off the list, but this week was all about doing the work for a lewd scene. As you know, animation work takes quite a bit of time to render - normally ranging from half a day to two days for each animation - so in the end, I only got one thing crossed off the list this week.
But it's still progress, and the numbers are now at 2,505 story renders and 11,966 frames of animation. That also means that right now there are more animations in u4ia episode 2 than there were in episode 1, and the number of story renders are higher than they were for the last chapter of LoF, which so far has been my biggest release.
tl;dr, I'm getting there. But not quite close enough to give a release date.
Have a nice weekend, and stay safe out there.
// Drifty

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
You have to have cleaned up the main bedroom. It's easy to miss because the hallway is blocked. Use the second door to the trailer, the one on the left, when cleaning.
yea that 2nd door isn't exactly visible.

qvcatullus

Sep 17, 2020
Also how do u get gina scene? i tried everything her path is greyed out.
There are two big branches at the very start -- you meet either Gina or Teagan at the docks (also possible to miss both if you ignore them). When you see the old man who needs help, you also notice girls on the boat and ahead at the end of the dock. They disappear after you help him, but you can still go left(?) onto the boat to say hi to them. If you do, they will be the ones to show you around town and invite you to the club. In this case, Teagan will be greyed out as an option.

tslojr

Apr 8, 2021

Show less
I got a question in the comments of last week's dev diary about the length of Episode 2, so I thought I'd give you a rundown about what to expect from the upcoming release.
U4iA, Episode 2, is much more complex than the first episode compared to the number of choices you have. The amount of things you can see and experience in one playthrough exceeds what you could do in episode 1. On the other hand, it's largely up to you.
Let me show you an example:

This is a preview of your workplace, and as you can see, you have a good idea of where people are, allowing you to go directly to your favorite and interact with them. But of course, it's highly recommended to interact with more than one. They'll all give you hints and 'details' that will help you greatly in Season 2 when we get to that.
I put a lot of effort into trying to make the game more interesting the further in we get, and I don't want 'Season 2' to be 'the same as Season 1, but with more lewds'. And on the topic of lewds, it's meant to be a fun game, and you're meant to have a fun time. Go nuts if you want to. That might give you some interesting scenes later on.

TL;DR, it's a decently sized episode. But if you only like one girl and want nothing to do with the rest, it's going to feel shorter - and come back to bite you later on.
So, whatever you experience in one playthrough is largely up to you. The more you explore and try out, the more the game is designed to give back to you in the form of content.
And since you had to read all that text, let's end this dev update with something a bit more pleasant. Like Celeste's ass in a bikini. Or maybe that's Celasste (4k attached). Have a fant'asstic weekend, and stay safe out there.

// Drifty

Sep 3, 2020

Show less
I got a question in the comments of last week's dev diary about the length of Episode 2, so I thought I'd give you a rundown about what to expect from the upcoming release.
U4iA, Episode 2, is much more complex than the first episode compared to the number of choices you have. The amount of things you can see and experience in one playthrough exceeds what you could do in episode 1. On the other hand, it's largely up to you.
Let me show you an example:

This is a preview of your workplace, and as you can see, you have a good idea of where people are, allowing you to go directly to your favorite and interact with them. But of course, it's highly recommended to interact with more than one. They'll all give you hints and 'details' that will help you greatly in Season 2 when we get to that.
I put a lot of effort into trying to make the game more interesting the further in we get, and I don't want 'Season 2' to be 'the same as Season 1, but with more lewds'. And on the topic of lewds, it's meant to be a fun game, and you're meant to have a fun time. Go nuts if you want to. That might give you some interesting scenes later on.

TL;DR, it's a decently sized episode. But if you only like one girl and want nothing to do with the rest, it's going to feel shorter - and come back to bite you later on.
So, whatever you experience in one playthrough is largely up to you. The more you explore and try out, the more the game is designed to give back to you in the form of content.
And since you had to read all that text, let's end this dev update with something a bit more pleasant. Like Celeste's ass in a bikini. Or maybe that's Celasste (4k attached). Have a fant'asstic weekend, and stay safe out there.

// Drifty
so what he's saying is if I don't be with every girl I will not understand the story

is this game designed to punish monogamy players or something

what's wrong with me just hanging out with the rest of the girls

just as a friend

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Give it time. You went from only liking Maya to confessing your love to 80% of the badik cast. I'm sure it will happen with u4ia too.
True
But they are all on different saves

If this does turn out to be a sort of semi forced harem type of thing, I'll probably stop playing
Hopefully I'll get a clearer picture after the next episode

Reactions: 6pak2go
4.10 star(s) 27 Votes