VN Ren'Py UC8 [v0.2.0.4] [Dark Griffin Games]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Love me some Better Off Dead, I try and watch it at least once every 6 months as it just makes me happy, lol. I almost set my lowest Patreon tier at $2 just because of that movie... "I want my two dollars!"

I think I went with "demise" because It felt better to me with the emotional "haunting" idea that I was trying to portray and I didnt like the repetition of the "ing" that "haunting of their mother's passing" had. It felt weird to me, but that's just personal preferance honestly.

As for Bea and the final montage, I was hoping that how strong she comes on to you and Kayla's comments about her being a cougar would be enough to allow for the assumption that Bea occasionally battles her lonelyness with casual encounters even if the player turned her down, (because she does) but yes, it is much easier to reach that conclusion if you accept her advances.

Karma, Smart, Strong, and Suave will come into play more as the game progresses. The 3 "S" traits will only ever accrue points and depending upon if you have reached the point level or not, certain choices may be available or grayed out.
In the Prolouge, Karma only accrued, however in the future some actions/responces can give you negative Karma. Once the endgame begins, Karma will lock. During the endgame, the outcome of some options will vary depending on Karma. Negative Karma won't kill you, but it might keep you from getting the best possible result.

There will be no negative reprocussions for sleeping with anyone/everyone prior to choosing an end route (committing to one of the 7 LI's) After you commit to an end route there won't really be much SC content to worry about.

Endgame will start during Chapter 7, so there should be plenty of time for you to experiment before choosing a route.

At the end of the Prologue there are 12 possible achievements and 5 placeholders.

View attachment 3361092
Also, in case you hadn't noticed, all of the Achievements are named after 80's and 90's movies.

Finally... The Pineapple will return in Chapter 1: Episode 1! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

View attachment 3361098
Thanks (except for the pineapple :LOL:).

I was just coming back to post the screenshot I took after I got the achievements.rpy file open and saw there were just the 12.

$2 would have been really amusing.

As for "demise", I see what you're saying.

The scorecard items make a bit more sense, and it was the inclusion of "Karma" that prevented me from making Bea part of my primary run. Whenever I see something like that, it makes me think I have to be a monk or I'll have a shitty endgame, but it seems that, at least early, it isn't as big of a deal. I only did her path in the version where it was clear from all interactions that MC was "dad" and not "boyfriend" - I figured doing so in one of the iterations where the ruse was still alive would result in something negative happening with MC's relationship with Kayla.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Reactions: Grif1001
4.70 star(s) 10 Votes