DD69-1

Engaged Member
Feb 28, 2019
Well I'd say the poll shows futa isn't something that most people want as a central part. Still over 40% voted yes, which is quite a big portion. I'd wonder what a poll like that would look like for different fetishes that are more prevalent in a lot of games.

As the others said though the poll shows that if you want to skim on render time and want to get other things done for your project seems like futa content would be disposable for most of your patrons.

But I also think that making it optional would be the best way out, if the workload isn't too much, because as I said it's still over 40% that want that content there.
look at the patreons poll not the f95 one

making futa will add to dev time + also increase delay in release, for ppl who like futa will have additional content, for ppl who don't like it will say the update is short because of optional content.. either way sticking to patreon poll & not the f95 one... it's the dev choice in the end...

because if this keeps happening then poll starts to lose meaning & makes a statement that even if one side loses, the other side can complain and have content which doesn't seem fair... takes away the sanctity of the poll Blue Balls Studio

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
The facts. Patrons by and large support because of current content and they want to see more. If a poll among patrons shows they don't want to see a certain content. Then they are less likely to continue to support because the project is going in a different direction if update content is taken up with that content.

On top of that plenty of games out there have > 50% futa content and turning this game into just another one of those makes it un-unique. I originally explored and supported this project because it had a unique and campy fun story with curvy bodies that I enjoy and the tease of building an intergalactic harem with the information the MC read from the database.

Exploring a new fetish here and there is fine, but what I've found with futa content is that it's fans are rabid and will quickly demand it overtake all the other expansion of the game.

Summarized. Take polls as a hint of what content to explore, but you as a developer better stand your ground and keep the bulk of the content forged on your original vision otherwise you can quickly find your project dissolving into something you have no passion for.

And those that follow. Remember these project are as much a project of passion as they are for a job or income and a developer that bends to make a project about a fetish they aren't passionate about will loose interest and you'll get less and less updates of smaller and smaller scope.

/getsoffsoapbox

Dec 18, 2017
look at the patreons poll not the f95 one

making futa will add to dev time + also increase delay in release, for ppl who like futa will have additional content, for ppl who don't like it will say the update is short because of optional content.. either way sticking to patreon poll & not the f95 one... it's the dev choice in the end...

because if this keeps happening then poll starts to lose meaning & makes a statement that even if one side loses, the other side can complain and have content which doesn't seem fair... takes away the sanctity of the poll Blue Balls Studio
I did look at the patreon poll. And there it's over 40% for futa still. And yea your point with dev time is valid which is why I said its Blue Balls Studio's decision to make obviously. If he wants fast content the poll shows not doing futa will be okay with most patreons and cutting is is a way to work faster.

What I also mean is that 40% is still a huge portion of people and having more diverse content that is entirely optional is never a bad thing. And there is a difference between 60% of patrons saying "I can do without futa" or "It's not my thing" and them thinking "Don't do anything with futa because it will slow down development so much and the other 40% just lost this content".

But I'll say it again, dev now knows how many patrons want futa and he can decide how to deal with the content.
On top of that plenty of games out there have > 50% futa content and turning this game into just another one of those makes it un-unique. I originally explored and supported this project because it had a unique and campy fun story with curvy bodies that I enjoy and the tease of building an intergalactic harem with the information the MC read from the database.

/getsoffsoapbox
Also first time I heard someone say futa would make something un-unique, as if it was the norm for games. Just compare the amount of games without futa to the ones with on this site. And the ones with are definitively are not >50% futa content most of the time

Aug 29, 2020
With all due respect to the polls result and patrons... 40% looks like enough to introduce additional content.
I think that the voting results can be interpreted in such a way that most people do not want to see futa as an prevailing part of the content, and not their complete absence. Even the debates on this forum show considerable interest in this topic. It seems to me that there will be no harm in introducing 1-2 additional optional avoidable characters. Look at it from the other side, it will attract new patrons (like me :) ), which in the end will not slow down, but rather speed up the development of the game.

Last edited:

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
With all due respect to the polls result and patrons... 40% looks like enough to introduce additional content.
I think that the voting results can be interpreted in such a way that most people do not want to see futa as an prevailing part of the content, and not their complete absence. Even the debates on this forum show considerable interest in this topic. It seems to me that there will be no harm in introducing 1-2 additional optional avoidable characters. Look at it from the other side, it will attract new patrons (like me :) ), which in the end will not slow down, but rather speed up the development of the game.
This is by definition a strawman argument. You subverted what the poll asked by replacing it with another question and concept.

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
View attachment 1708279

What do you think? Which one?
I’d go with 1, but I also voted yes on the futa poll. I think it highlights the importance of choice, which is surfacing a lot over the last few pages. The important takeaways are probably that more options are always great, and yes/no polls are very difficult to adapt when it comes to deciding preferences. But as a dev you have to do what you think is best, whether that be for your sanity, your bank account, or your fans. It’s hard, if not impossible, to win all three.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
on the other hand the polls are not meant to "know" his patreons but to figure out what type of content or how enhance that content
So as far as I'm concerned he didn't make the poll because "what shall I do today??I know I'll make a poll to spice things up a bit" , he made that poll to see if he should add or not futa to the VN.
I'm having a really hard time understanding what you think your point is. An 'are you into' poll is only useful for reading the room and getting to know what patrons are into. To then decide whether to add it or not requires extra information, like I said in the post you quoted.

4.00 star(s) 119 Votes