ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Javhus54 If you could turn on Debug mode and give me dialogue node ID next time, it would save me a lot of time looking for bug :p But thanks, will look into it.

ustar Oops! Will correct the text, thanks!

Currently there are no revenge events with Rick. Once we cover the Ben and promised events in v0.18, we will most likely start expanding it slowly, since we also have other NPCs that didn't get much attention lately. Probably will go with another Patreon poll what content to focus next, so I don't want to promise anything at this point, but if I can hint anything, elevator was added mainly with Rick in the mind :p

That's weird. I'm sure we would find such serious bug with our last testing or it would get reported much sooner, so it might only trigger during some weird circumstances, but I'll look into it. Thanks.

I know that current UI is uber shit, since my artist and I both hate doing it, but last few days we've spent on reworking most of it, so your issue and suggestion will also get addressed among the changes. Here's a small sneakpeak of WIP:

View attachment 1237382
When I compare the game with your screenshot - it looks like bed menu together with clothes menu mixed into one. Plus the text background is changed and made half transparent - better than current background without transparency, but I prefer completely transparent without background anyway :) New UI scrollbars are more visible to plus.
And about the previously mentioned serious bug - well I went the game from beginning again seeking if I didn't miss anything and reading again the Kevin text found that he mentions about Menu, so I just needed to click this Menu instead of him :) (l just forgot about this) which leads to another suggestion to highlight all clickable elements :) You can also mix the 2 elements there together: the Menu on the wall with Kevin for convenience or just make highlight of this Menu on the wall if it's available to click during work - I remember this element was not obvious the first time when I played it, I mean the player can figure it out eventually by reading Kevin text thoroughly, if you want to create find the clickable element game :)
Also another question: if there are no revenge events with Rick then are there more available flatmates?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Javhus54 Thanks, fixed!

ustar Thanks for bug reporting, fixed! You can't open wardrobe during the dialogue normally, so it shouldn't be a problem. You can still toggle on full transparency. I'm glad that you like new UI :) I made use (hand) icons bigger, hopefully it will be more visible now. Highlighting interactable elements would be quite time consuming and I'm not a fan to be honest, but I guess I can make use icon animated in the future, so it will be easier to spot. I'm planning to remake Kevin's Diner dialogues/events mostly from scratch at some point, since they are outdated as hell and it's problematic adding anything new there, that's why it's the most bugged location in the game. Currently there's only Rick flatmate, in v0.18 we will introduce Ben as our lovey-dovey and NTR material (but not sex events in v0.18 yet), and then there will be one more in the future, lesbian flatmate. So 3 in total are planned, but you can't have them all at the same time.

Update is up!

Reactions: Javhus54 and ustar

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Javhus54 Thanks, fixed!

ustar Thanks for bug reporting, fixed! You can't open wardrobe during the dialogue normally, so it shouldn't be a problem. You can still toggle on full transparency. I'm glad that you like new UI :) I made use (hand) icons bigger, hopefully it will be more visible now. Highlighting interactable elements would be quite time consuming and I'm not a fan to be honest, but I guess I can make use icon animated in the future, so it will be easier to spot. I'm planning to remake Kevin's Diner dialogues/events mostly from scratch at some point, since they are outdated as hell and it's problematic adding anything new there, that's why it's the most bugged location in the game. Currently there's only Rick flatmate, in v0.18 we will introduce Ben as our lovey-dovey and NTR material (but not sex events in v0.18 yet), and then there will be one more in the future, lesbian flatmate. So 3 in total are planned, but you can't have them all at the same time.

Update is up!
Yes, some elements can be mixed together like bed+wardrobe or work menu+Kevin since they don't interfere with each other.
New UI looks nice indeed. As for the hand icons - they are already visible, but not exist on every clickable element like this wall menu for example, so was my suggestion with highlight - it can be also animation or this hand just to make it noticeable - many ways to achieve a goal :)
Also I wonder how it went with implementing full keyboard control for the game? Currently it's impossible to play without mouse since there are no spots on the ground.
Having more flatmates at same time could be really interesting, at least 2 of them, but I understand it can be problematic to make.
OK for now I will stick with Rick.
Does kitchen have any use in the game since I cannot go there?

Last edited:

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
ustar All interactable world elements have icons. If they are not visible, then it's a bug related to layer order, since it looks a little bit different in Unity than in the actual game. I re-uploaded the game on 11th June due to bug, but I also fixed menu layer bug in it along the way, so it should be fixed if you re-download the game.

There are currently no plans for keyboard-only controls (I made a poll and 90% of people answered that it's not needed), since it would require a lot of work. Though game is playable with mouse-only, so you don't need keyboard.

Oh boy, if you could imagine how much of work it is already to add multiple dialogues based on stats, boob size, your current work, finished events, relationships, choices and so on, you wouldn't dare to ask for multiple tenants living at the same time... :D My ex dialogue writers thought it wasn't problematic until they had to start making dialogues themselves :p So nope, no multiple tenants ever happening in this game, but it's possible to have more choices in the future than original 3 I planned for the game. And Rick is such a fine lad :D

Nope, you can't enter kitchen or tenant's room, since they both don't exist yet. Tenant's room will appear sometime after releasing Ben, and I have no plans for the kitchen yet.

Reactions: ustar

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
ustar All interactable world elements have icons. If they are not visible, then it's a bug related to layer order, since it looks a little bit different in Unity than in the actual game. I re-uploaded the game on 11th June due to bug, but I also fixed menu layer bug in it along the way, so it should be fixed if you re-download the game.

There are currently no plans for keyboard-only controls (I made a poll and 90% of people answered that it's not needed), since it would require a lot of work. Though game is playable with mouse-only, so you don't need keyboard.

Oh boy, if you could imagine how much of work it is already to add multiple dialogues based on stats, boob size, your current work, finished events, relationships, choices and so on, you wouldn't dare to ask for multiple tenants living at the same time... :D My ex dialogue writers thought it wasn't problematic until they had to start making dialogues themselves :p So nope, no multiple tenants ever happening in this game, but it's possible to have more choices in the future than original 3 I planned for the game. And Rick is such a fine lad :D

Nope, you can't enter kitchen or tenant's room, since they both don't exist yet. Tenant's room will appear sometime after releasing Ben, and I have no plans for the kitchen yet.
Oh! so it must be a bug then if the hand should be visible on this wall menu during work, though I didn't check yet how it is in latest version...
About the keyboard-only control well I suppose 90% of people have a mouse connected and would say it's not needed, so keyboard-only is useful for situations when mouse is broken or laptop with touchpad only. I can imagine it working similar to RPGM games when there are spots on the ground and when player stand on them they just connect to already existing functions with mouse that have those hand icons (and changes map or release some menu), though I don't know if it's complicated to make in Unity such aliases :unsure:
About tenants I can imagine as much it could be fun to play also it is complicated to write due to increased amount of mixes and variables, so I won't push it :) Though if only 1 tenant is possible then I would stick to just those 3 planned as it's better to increase available content with existing character(s) than creating more characters (my guess is that most players will rarely change tenant).
Rick is for sure fine lad especially if he is already working :) New tenants will not be good option until they get enough content...
So the kitchen is currently just a funny thing that does nothing :D Maybe better just remove it unless it's needed?

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
ustar Yep, if you ever come across anything interactable without any icon over it, then it's a bug.

I'm aware that people who prefer keyboard-only controls exist and if it was easy fix I would add it. But the way I programmed the game would require me to write other stuff from scratch, too. Probably one day I'll come back to it, but as you can see the game has more important stuff I have to take care of right now.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Mr. Unaware yes I can see that... good luck with the current work then.
I just thought equation about work with interactions for possible tenants and it looks like this:
(tenants^rooms)
so if you have 3 possible tenants that mean work=3 (assuming same amount of writing work/tenant)
now when you increase possible tenant rooms to 2 that will get you work=9
with 3 rooms that means work=27 - now it gets funny :)
also if you increase number of tenants to 4
1 room=4 work
2 rooms=16 work
3 rooms=64 work
4 rooms=256 work :D
with 5 tenants
1 room=5 work
2 rooms=25 work
3 rooms=125 work
4 rooms=625 work
5 rooms=3125 work :D:D :devilish:
I believe it's enough theoretical countings :):geek:
Of course it's too much work right now when you have so many things to do to complete the game.
However it may be good idea to expansion DLC when the main game will be completed and you will not have nothing important to do - if you play a bit with numbers and limit tenants=3 rooms=2 and complete the game then you wil receive work=6 as expansion since single interactions will be completed:
tenant1
tenant2
tenant3
you then have to fill the following 6 mixes:
tenant1 vs tenant2
tenant1 vs tenant3
tenant2 vs tenant1
tenant2 vs tenant3
tenant3 vs tenant1
tenant3 vs tenant2
Then again my suggestion to not increase number of tenants, because you know what it means - too much work :)
I suggest this path instead more max tenants, because from player perspective it's more interesting.
Also as additional content to main game you still keep and have the first 3 single interactions until mixes are finished.

Last edited:

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
ustar Well, actual formula is a little bit more complex :p And creating event can take from a day to a few days, depending on multiple factors. Same with animations, 1P anims are a piece of cake to make, 2P are many, many times more time consuming than 1P, and I'm currently not touching 3P, since they are even more ridiculous to make than 2P, and I don't want even to imagine making 4P anims right now... But I'll make them happen at some point. Same with complex interactions between NPCs, but I don't want to overkill myself when it's not needed, and I doubt that having multiple tenants at the same time would be worth all the effort. Also, I don't want to cut the game into pieces and sell it as DLCs, so this game will always stay as all-in-one. Anyway, if I ever see a need for more than 3 original tenants, I'll add more, but right now I have no plans for it, so it won't happen any moment soon. 3rd tenant probably won't appear till autumn.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
ustar Well, actual formula is a little bit more complex :p And creating event can take from a day to a few days, depending on multiple factors. Same with animations, 1P anims are a piece of cake to make, 2P are many, many times more time consuming than 1P, and I'm currently not touching 3P, since they are even more ridiculous to make than 2P, and I don't want even to imagine making 4P anims right now... But I'll make them happen at some point. Same with complex interactions between NPCs, but I don't want to overkill myself when it's not needed, and I doubt that having multiple tenants at the same time would be worth all the effort. Also, I don't want to cut the game into pieces and sell it as DLCs, so this game will always stay as all-in-one.
Yep, actual formula is more complex, but even this simple one is enough to see amount of work.
2P gives a compromise of being interesting and not too stupidly complicated. It can be shaped in many ways: from simple threesome actions to more interesting ones like one tenant NTR another one :D
But I would not go for 3 tenants at a time since it's overkill - probably not much more interesting than simpler 2P - I mean with increased complexity it's difficult to make quality. It's even better to have everything in one game, but take your time... you don't have to do everything at once, just step by step.

Last edited:

LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
There are tons of games out there that are very similar to other games (in story, general gameplay, etc). I don't think it's fair to just write this game off as a Insexcity clone and dump on it without giving it a chance (especially since it's so early in development). As long as the developer puts their own spin on it or otherwise adds a unique feature or two then I don't see a problem with it.

(For example: Think of all the Dark Souls "clones" that came out after that game's success. Many of them were more than good enough to stand on their own despite the stigma attached to them. I did find it funny how it eventually became it's own genre entirely.)

(Another example: "Incest Corruption" games; they beat those stereotypes into the ground.)

Last edited:

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
ustar That's what I'm trying to do, step by step, but eventually I'll add most of the stuff I want. My day still has only 24 hours and there's no going past it :cry:

LowLevelLesser I'm pretty sure that anyone who actually tried playing the game instead of looking at outdated screens/posts, would be able to see the difference between the games, despite it still being in the early stages of development.

Reactions: vendarr and ustar

fakehb

Jun 30, 2020
I see UI stuff cut off at 4K. Your canvases and/or anchors probably aren't set up correctly. For the former at least, your Canvas Scaler components should be set to "Scale with Screen Size" and then drag the Match slider all the way to match height for Hor+ scaling. If previously set to constant pixel size and you find that everything is far too big/small, play around with the reference resolution.

For testing, even if you don't have a 4K monitor you can add various resolutions to the game view where you change the aspect ratio.

EDIT: Even running at a 1080p window, UI gets cut off. Need to run at a 16:10 aspect for things to display properly.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, had to scroll up in character creation. It is however a bit odd that certain UI elements, like the right hand side of character creation, are scaling vert+ instead of hor+.

Last edited:

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
fakehb I'm using Unity 2018 and I'm not using standard Unity UI tool, so it works a bit differently. UI got set up and tested on 1920x1080, so it should work fine on it, but I'm aware bugs might happen on other resolutions, especially on non-16:9 aspect ratios. And yeah, I've been always pretty bad with the UI stuff and hated doing it :p But I'll tweak it further in v0.18, so all feedback will be taken into account. Cheers!

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Here's some of v0.18 with few screenshots of new faces (WIP). Any feedback/criticism/hatred is more than welcome!
1624570005370.png

Last edited:

StonedFish

Jun 3, 2017
Challenge accepted (for the ones who really can't afford the 10$)

17b Basic to 17b Extended with cheats and all clothes (32bit and 64bit only)
unzip and copy in "UW v0.17b BA Win 64 Bit_Data\Managed"
Hey, both cheats breaks the game.

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Hey! While we are working on v0.18 which is scheduled for the end of this month, we decided to make a little Meme Contest on our Discord server. Whether you find it retarded or not, you have a chance of getting access to the upcoming v0.18 EX or BA, and all it takes you is to post a meme on our Discord. Meme can be sex or UotW related, it can be created with MS Paint and you can even use an existing meme from the internet, so our requirements are really low here.

More info here:

3.70 star(s) 17 Votes