a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Why it is abandoned ??
When there is no news on here or patreon for 3 months the abandoned tag is placed until the game gets an updated.
game is not abandoned , dev confirmed on discord that he is still working on both games.
Dev should have posted sooner on patreon instead of waiting for 6 months with no news.
forum policy
Correct.

Now the dev has posted on patreon today if anyone wants to go read it.

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021

Firstly, before starting, let me confirm one thing. I'm still developing the games and don't plan to stop.
Secondly, I'm sorry for not posting any info here. (To be honest, it did occur to me many times to post here but unable to decide what to show and what not to spoil. In the end, I would end up unable to post anything here.)
And finally, the reason for this update taking so long is that.
As you know I had started the rewriting of MEF. But it was turning to be frustrating for many players so instead of releasing the rewrite in parts I decided to release them all together. While I was at it I also decided to go through the code of the whole game as well. In short one thing led to another and kept increasing the time of the next release.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017

Firstly, before starting, let me confirm one thing. I'm still developing the games and don't plan to stop.
Secondly, I'm sorry for not posting any info here. (To be honest, it did occur to me many times to post here but unable to decide what to show and what not to spoil. In the end, I would end up unable to post anything here.)
As you know I had started the rewriting of MEF. But it was turning to be frustrating for many players so instead of releasing the rewrite in parts I decided to release them all together. While I was at it I also decided to go through the code of the whole game as well. In short one thing led to another and kept increasing the time of the next release.

Oh thank god! I got really scared when I saw the abandoned tag.

Reactions: Ass Fan

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
When there is no news on here or patreon for 3 months the abandoned tag is placed until the game gets an updated.

Dev should have posted sooner on patreon instead of waiting for 6 months with no news.

Correct.

Now the dev has posted on patreon today if anyone wants to go read it.

Don't know why this is still flagged abandoned.

Dev is still working on it.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017

It was marked abandoned because there was no post for 6 months. The reason it is still marked as is even though there is a post is because the game has not been updated. When the dev releases a new update the tag will be removed.

Reactions: a1fox3

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

Its because of the site rules, if no action on the dev's part for 3 months then it gets the abandoned tag until a new update comes out.
Now the dev can ask for the "On Hold" tag from a mod if dev wanted to but either on hold or abandoned tag stays until new update comes out.
It was marked abandoned because there was no post for 6 months. The reason it is still marked as is even though there is a post is because the game has not been updated. When the dev releases a new update the tag will be removed.
Thank you for this.

Reactions: bacchusplateau

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Its because of the site rules, if no action on the dev's part for 3 months then it gets the abandoned tag until a new update comes out.
Now the dev can ask for the "On Hold" tag from a mod if dev wanted to but either on hold or abandoned tag stays until new update comes out.

Thank you for this.
Isn't it if there is no action on patreon/itch/whatever platform or here because if it was just here, then there are plenty that that should be marked as such.

The point is he posted on his patreon in jan, so by rights it shouldn't be.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Isn't it if there is no action on patreon/itch/whatever platform or here because if it was just here, then there are plenty that that should be marked as such.

If a vn isn't tied to radiant or another vn that is "protected" (it took forever to get abandoned on polarity) then mods are quicker to action on calling them abandoned.

Site rules like this one are used unevenly...

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

It does not matter if after 3 months of no activity then it gets the tag and then a post comes up once the tag is there it is not removed until a new update comes out as per site rules.

To many dev's use the post every 2-3 months to keep from getting the "Abandoned" even tho the game/vn has not had an update is more than a year like polarity but it took way to long for the tag to go up for polarity which has not had an update in over 1 1/2 years now.
If a vn isn't tied to radiant or another vn that is "protected" (it took forever to get abandoned on polarity) then mods are quicker to action on calling them abandoned.

Site rules like this one are used unevenly...
So very true.

Not only thanked you but gave you thumbs up to.;):):p

Reactions: Naxos

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

Thank you for this.
Then why games like Radiant dont have the abandoned tags?

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Then why games like Radiant dont have the abandoned tags?
Because the tag is only applied if there aren't any news about the game for over 3 months. As long as the devs keep making status updates about the game on patreon or subscribestar, the tag will not be applied.

Reactions: a1fox3

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Because the tag is only applied if there aren't any news about the game for over 3 months. As long as the devs keep making status updates about the game on patreon or subscribestar, the tag will not be applied.
But the Dev did gave an update on patreon

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes