• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.
3.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
The information boxes between traveling disappear to quickly, so I probably have missed something. I also think there was a tutorial screen, but that disappeared immediately. There is no scroll back, which is also a bit annoying, because it sometimes registers two clicks instead of one.

Anyway, I can train strength and agility in the gym. Dexterity with the Rubik's cube at home. But I haven't found a way to train intelligence. Has some found that?

Edit
There is also an eye popup which also disappears quickly. Haven't found a way to do something with it. May be a tutorial in the beginning. And not one which is gone before I thought it was may be a tutorial? The renders are nice, but at this point I'm not sure if I will play again because of all the frustrating things with the interface :-(

Edit 2
Found training of intelligence: bookcase in bedroom!

Edit 3
I suspected you had to click the eye, but the first few times I was not quick enough. And then it counts as a click to get to the next dialogue, so you essentially skip one or more. So I just did nothing after that. Now I was lucky it was at exactly the place where my mouse cursor was. It gives an extra image and an red icon which suggest it is an exit. Is it possible to disable clicking for a few seconds when the eye icon closes?

Edit 4
Jeanne keeps calling me Mark while the rest of the game calls me by the entered one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slusiom

Slusiom

Oct 10, 2019
The information boxes between traveling disappear to quickly, so I probably have missed something. I also think there was a tutorial screen, but that disappeared immediately. There is no scroll back, which is also a bit annoying, because it sometimes registers two clicks instead of one.

Anyway, I can train strength and agility in the gym. Dexterity with the Rubik's cube at home. But I haven't found a way to train intelligence. Has some found that?

Edit
There is also an eye popup which also disappears quickly. Haven't found a way to do something with it. May be a tutorial in the beginning. And not one which is gone before I thought it was may be a tutorial? The renders are nice, but at this point I'm not sure if I will play again because of all the frustrating things with the interface :-(

Edit 2
Found training of intelligence: bookcase in bedroom!
Hi Blup Blup, you're right about the lack of a backward function in conversations; I'm currently working on implementing a history feature to allow you to see what happened earlier. As for the issue of double-clicking, I'll investigate it to fix it.

On another note, in the bottom right corner of the travel/loading screens, there's a button that, when you hover the mouse over it or tap it with your finger (on Android devices), stops everything to give you time to read. Regarding the eye icon you mentioned, it gives you a 2-second window to click on it, allowing you to explore details you might have missed in the general scene. While there isn't a video tutorial on this at the moment, I will certainly add one soon. Please keep in mind that this is an alpha version, and I still need to refine the mechanics.

Thank you for your feedback and for playing!

Reactions: Blup Blup

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
You're right about the lack of a backward function in conversations; I'm currently working on implementing a history feature to allow you to see what happened earlier. As for the issue of double-clicking, I'll investigate it to fix it.
I usually play Ren'Py games because those have almost all -- and else we can add it ourselves -- a Linux version. I started in 2003 with removing my dependency on Microsoft and finally succeeded in 2017. Now the only Windows 10 is on a laptop bought in that year. BTW Unity has the option to create a Linux version and the last few years those just work if OpenGL instead of DirectX is used. Sometimes it is possible to get a game working in Wine but that is a miss and hit show. So I only try that if the game is worth the many hours to do that.

Anyway with Ren'Py going back in the dialogues is default as is creating automatic saves. I always forget this when playing RPGM MV -- those can also easily converted for playing in Linux -- or other game engines as Unity. So I tried to rescue the coffee shop girl (Jasmine?) but got presented with a screen and no explanation what to do. Which made me angry because she now hates me :). And of course no automatic save, although there is a slot for it? I decided to stop for now and play a future version when I'm cooled down. Made a lot of notes of things I accidentally discovered, so hopefully that experience will be more smoothly.

On another note, in the bottom right corner of the travel/loading screens, there's a button that, when you hover the mouse over it or tap it with your finger (on Android devices), stops everything to give you time to read.
Added this to my notes. Didn't see that one because I tried to read the information :).

Regarding the eye icon you mentioned, it gives you a 2-second window to click on it, allowing you to explore details you might have missed in the general scene.
See my edit 3 in my original post. Discovered that by accident as well.

While there isn't a video tutorial on this at the moment, I will certainly add one soon. Please keep in mind that this is an alpha version, and I still need to refine the mechanics.
That was clear and the reason I gave my two cents on things which weren't clear. The advantage of Ren'Py is that the interface is defined, although some creators revamp that to something which most players hate because it is usually a mess. In the past I was responsible for the UI in a large project and that gave me a lot of insight in what works for most people and what doesn't. The top icons in your UI are mostly clear. The ones which pop ups and needs direct interaction needs work. A (video) tutorial when a new one is introduced should help. Now you've only a few seconds to try something and then most of the time fail miserably :-(.

Thank you for your feedback and for playing!
Please don't see it as a personal attack -- if it was perceived as one, I'm sorry, that wasn't my intention! -- but as points which could make the game less frustrating from the start. The renders are better as a lot of other games and that is a big reason I wanted to try it, even on a crappy old laptop with Windows which I hardly use anymore :). I'm sure the animations are good as well, but for that I need another machine and preferable under Linux. Anyway good luck and I will give it another go next year.

• Red Heart

Slusiom

Oct 10, 2019
I usually play Ren'Py games because those have almost all -- and else we can add it ourselves -- a Linux version. I started in 2003 with removing my dependency on Microsoft and finally succeeded in 2017. Now the only Windows 10 is on a laptop bought in that year. BTW Unity has the option to create a Linux version and the last few years those just work if OpenGL instead of DirectX is used. Sometimes it is possible to get a game working in Wine but that is a miss and hit show. So I only try that if the game is worth the many hours to do that.

Anyway with Ren'Py going back in the dialogues is default as is creating automatic saves. I always forget this when playing RPGM MV -- those can also easily converted for playing in Linux -- or other game engines as Unity. So I tried to rescue the coffee shop girl (Jasmine?) but got presented with a screen and no explanation what to do. Which made me angry because she now hates me :). And of course no automatic save, although there is a slot for it? I decided to stop for now and play a future version when I'm cooled down. Made a lot of notes of things I accidentally discovered, so hopefully that experience will be more smoothly.

Added this to my notes. Didn't see that one because I tried to read the information :).

See my edit 3 in my original post. Discovered that by accident as well.

That was clear and the reason I gave my two cents on things which weren't clear. The advantage of Ren'Py is that the interface is defined, although some creators revamp that to something which most players hate because it is usually a mess. In the past I was responsible for the UI in a large project and that gave me a lot of insight in what works for most people and what doesn't. The top icons in your UI are mostly clear. The ones which pop ups and needs direct interaction needs work. A (video) tutorial when a new one is introduced should help. Now you've only a few seconds to try something and then most of the time fail miserably :-(.

Please don't see it as a personal attack -- if it was perceived as one, I'm sorry, that wasn't my intention! -- but as points which could make the game less frustrating from the start. The renders are better as a lot of other games and that is a big reason I wanted to try it, even on a crappy old laptop with Windows which I hardly use anymore :). I'm sure the animations are good as well, but for that I need another machine and preferable under Linux. Anyway good luck and I will give it another go next year.
Not at all, I don't take it as an attack. Besides, I'm learning a lot. It's the first time I've embarked on something like this. And my lack of experience shows.

I sincerely appreciate it. Many of those things are on my list for improvement. I chose Unity as a personal challenge. I wanted to create everything, not use anyone else's assets. Everything had to be programmed by me, and everything was created from scratch, which makes things more complicated for me. But in reality, I was looking for that personal challenge.

Even though I receive a lot of criticism for using Unity :cry:

Thank you very much for your feedback, and I hope to offer you a functional version for Linux next year.

Reactions: Hafhat

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Not at all, I don't take it as an attack. Besides, I'm learning a lot. It's the first time I've embarked on something like this. And my lack of experience shows.
Not in the rendering part :). And if seen interfaces and sandboxes which where way worse. With a few tweaks and a little explanation when a new element is used, it should absolutely be playable. The hint system was good, but should be show a little longer. Again I've seen games were you must find out were to go next without any clue at all. Which means visiting all locations and sometimes even multiple times a game day.

Another problem is me who is spoiled with Ren'Py games. Unity is a minority and most lack nice renders. For that alone I'm willing to tolerate a lot :). And in this case I think it is just a serie of minor tweaks and some explanation along the way.

I chose Unity as a personal challenge. I wanted to create everything, not use anyone else's assets. Everything had to be programmed by me, and everything was created from scratch, which makes things more complicated for me. But in reality, I was looking for that personal challenge.
I'm in the process of using Ren'Py for a tutorial on solving Sudoku's. And I discovered that even then a lot of code needs to be written to make this idea a reality. In the end which game engine you use is not a big deal. I've seen great examples in Unity, Visionaire Studio, RPGM MV, Ren'Py and others. But also a lot of bad ones with the same engines.

Even though I receive a lot of criticism for using Unity :cry:
The main reason is that Unity is used in a minority of erotic games. And that means you must do more to help new players getting started as for example in Ren'Py. But again in the end it is not the game engine or the rendering program which makes a great game. It is the creator who knows his programs and doing exceptional things with it.

Thank you very much for your feedback, and I hope to offer you a functional version for Linux next year.
This year I played three new Unity games found on this forum. Two of them have a Linux version and although the creators hadn't the means to test it, both just worked. I think Unity has a good export to Linux which you can trust to work on most Linux distributions. If you're not able to give support on Linux, just say that to users. Most Linux users are not afraid to experiment and in a forum like this there are always users like me who have worked in Linux for a long time and are willing to help because it also benefits us when there is a native Linux version available. Just shoot me a PM if you've a Linux version and some players have problems. This year I've worked 25 years with Linux, after given root access to a Red Hat mailserver because nobody was able to keep it running. I've learned a lot since then :).

Slusiom

Oct 10, 2019
I appreciate your feedback! I agree that the game engine doesn't define its quality, but rather how it's used. Regarding Linux, it's reassuring to know that there are experienced users like you in the community willing to assist. I greatly value your offer to help with your Linux expertise. I'll keep your offer in mind and will undoubtedly reach out if I need advice or face any challenges with the Linux version. We'll be in touch and thank you for your invaluable input! ;)
Not in the rendering part :). And if seen interfaces and sandboxes which where way worse. With a few tweaks and a little explanation when a new element is used, it should absolutely be playable. The hint system was good, but should be show a little longer. Again I've seen games were you must find out were to go next without any clue at all. Which means visiting all locations and sometimes even multiple times a game day.

Another problem is me who is spoiled with Ren'Py games. Unity is a minority and most lack nice renders. For that alone I'm willing to tolerate a lot :). And in this case I think it is just a serie of minor tweaks and some explanation along the way.

I'm in the process of using Ren'Py for a tutorial on solving Sudoku's. And I discovered that even then a lot of code needs to be written to make this idea a reality. In the end which game engine you use is not a big deal. I've seen great examples in Unity, Visionaire Studio, RPGM MV, Ren'Py and others. But also a lot of bad ones with the same engines.

The main reason is that Unity is used in a minority of erotic games. And that means you must do more to help new players getting started as for example in Ren'Py. But again in the end it is not the game engine or the rendering program which makes a great game. It is the creator who knows his programs and doing exceptional things with it.

This year I played three new Unity games found on this forum. Two of them have a Linux version and although the creators hadn't the means to test it, both just worked. I think Unity has a good export to Linux which you can trust to work on most Linux distributions. If you're not able to give support on Linux, just say that to users. Most Linux users are not afraid to experiment and in a forum like this there are always users like me who have worked in Linux for a long time and are willing to help because it also benefits us when there is a native Linux version available. Just shoot me a PM if you've a Linux version and some players have problems. This year I've worked 25 years with Linux, after given root access to a Red Hat mailserver because nobody was able to keep it running. I've learned a lot since then :).

Reactions: Blup Blup

Slusiom

Oct 10, 2019
If the game has to be played over again, they should have posted a save. Or do a fast forward.
You don't need to play it again, especially not now (Alpha). You can check any other version in the PC replays. I appreciate your suggestion and will keep it in mind for future updates.

Reactions: Stifler's Mom

Slusiom

Oct 10, 2019
When Release next version?
Hi TwinCities, I'm on the home stretch for the 0.1.18A release, and I'm doing everything I can to have it ready for the 12th of this month. For more information, you can check out my latest devlog here: .

TwinCities

Jul 18, 2022
Hi TwinCities, I'm on the home stretch for the 0.1.18A release, and I'm doing everything I can to have it ready for the 12th of this month. For more information, you can check out my latest devlog here: .
I was subscribed to you, but the account was banned and deleted due to the politics of the countries, in general, you understand

Slusiom

Oct 10, 2019
ignored? Please check private
I didn't send you anything because it's not ready yet. I wish I could make a living developing the game, but I can't. I have to work, and now I'm only at home on the weekends.

I'm sorry for the delay, but I physically don't have time for everything, at least until after the holidays.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
UnderControl-SLUSIOM-0.1.18A
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

FullyAnimated

Jul 17, 2019
What are you supposed to do at Cynthia's with the dossiers? Using the R and D keys does nothing for the car.

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
Ooh, I just found out, that you can fire some triggers from the computer too. While starting I didn't have money to lend Veronica the 350. But when you replay that event in the computer in MC's bedroom you can give her money there, which enables the other event, where she offers you the VIP pass. Interesting.

3.00 star(s) 6 Votes