Ren'Py Abandoned Under House Arrest Reboot [Ch. 2 Halloween] [HSA GAMES]

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Stuck on the relationship screen with 'Mike', assumed he was Johny's dad, but then there was a mention from Edith about him and Diana divorcing? Is Mike the MC/Johny's Dad?

Just finished Ch.1, great game so far, especially as I hate sandboxes, but love the walkthrough in Story Mode and not having to manage my points/skills. I'm enjoying the characters and the story, though if I do have one complaint, it's just a weird thing I have when starting a game, I tend to dislike when the MC is already in a pre-existing relationship (except marriage... I know, weird right?) .

Will there be an option to breakup/friendzone Rose? Or hell if Tracy is that horny/thirsty for Rose (since she clearly dropped hints she's bi-sexual/likes to play with girls), I'd even offer to share/hook them both up as casual FWB. I know it sounds crazy considering the harem it looks like we'll be creating, but the only way I'd be into Rose right now is if she WASN'T Johny's already established girlfriend, but instead just a really sweet/caring friend who maybe has a crush on the MC and was too shy to do anything about it.

Last edited:

antoniomontenegro

Dec 29, 2017
When the reboot of this game came out I said here that the game was good and that I wish it didn't happen the same as the original game that was abandoned.
That was 4 months ago.
Tomorrow I will buy the lottery.

Aug 15, 2021
Story mode is still "Sandbox" if you want to call it that, BUT it adds a COMPLETE walkthrough you can follow on your phone, progress item. It unlocks all abilities so all you have to do is just click. The story itself is linear and the abilities (aka lover) will let you romance or just skip the romance and focus on what ever characters you like instead.

Also, there wont be NTR, butt here will be a Harem ending.
If you dont mind me asking why add the sandbox in the first place for the story mode if there are going to be no gameplay elements? Adding a bunch of extra clicks and making the player play hide n seek with the in game events does not add much to the gameplay experience - this might be just me but all it does is make the game more annoying to play.

Is it a ton of work to enable a VN mode without the sandbox elements? If so I can understand why you have done things this way. I ask because I remember liking the old version of the game and if I believe it had a VN mode (I may be wrong here - it has been a while).

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
If you dont mind me asking why add the sandbox in the first place for the story mode if there are going to be no gameplay elements? Adding a bunch of extra clicks and making the player play hide n seek with the in game events does not add much to the gameplay experience - this might be just me but all it does is make the game more annoying to play.

Is it a ton of work to enable a VN mode without the sandbox elements? If so I can understand why you have done things this way. I ask because I remember liking the old version of the game and if I believe it had a VN mode (I may be wrong here - it has been a while).
The old game was the same with both modes. Some people like the challenge of figuring things out, it adds some challenge and also makes replaying more fun. The story is linear. There is no "grind" or minigames or anything like that, it just is an extra for those who like it, if not well you have a very very small inconvenience of extra clicks, I think it's a good trade off... We made a game that was a pure VN in Oath of Loyalty and once we get to Oath of Loyalty part 2 it will stay the same. Our goal is to have multiple games with different styles, we like variety and we like the challenge of producing various games with different styles and feel. Thats pretty much our mission statement. People here seem to think that money is the driving factor behind our decisions when it comes to what we work on, it's not, it's what is enjoyable for us and what we think people will like. I hope this clears things up.

Aug 15, 2021
The old game was the same with both modes. Some people like the challenge of figuring things out, it adds some challenge and also makes replaying more fun. The story is linear. There is no "grind" or minigames or anything like that, it just is an extra for those who like it, if not well you have a very very small inconvenience of extra clicks, I think it's a good trade off... We made a game that was a pure VN in Oath of Loyalty and once we get to Oath of Loyalty part 2 it will stay the same. Our goal is to have multiple games with different styles, we like variety and we like the challenge of producing various games with different styles and feel. Thats pretty much our mission statement. People here seem to think that money is the driving factor behind our decisions when it comes to what we work on, it's not, it's what is enjoyable for us and what we think people will like. I hope this clears things up.
Well personally I enjoy sandboxes only if it adds something to the gameplay experience and I dont feel like the story mode does that in this case.

But I can understand wanting variety/challenge in your projects. It is good that you are following through with your vision. All the best!

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Well personally I enjoy sandboxes only if it adds something to the gameplay experience and I dont feel like the story mode does that in this case.

But I can understand wanting variety/challenge in your projects. It is good that you are following through with your vision. All the best!
As someone who hates 90% of sandbox games, I will always take a story (VN) mode if able, and in this case I appreciate just playing for the story without worrying about how many moves I have left/leveling stats/etc., so for me I enjoyed the story mode complete with the specific walkthrough provided. Good work Dev! Looking forward to more!

visagedirect

Feb 21, 2020
How do recall Tracy's password ? i found it ! but didnt need it till much later . Dont tell me DEV you Expect players to Physically write it down / or have a photographic memory? :mad: (no problem if was 6969 or 12345 or GameSucks) etc ?

Last edited:

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
How do recall Tracy's password ? i found it ! but didnt need it till much later . Dont tell me DEV you Expect players to Physically write it down / or have a photographic memory? :mad: (no problem if was 6969 or 12345 or GameSucks) etc ?
I forgot to add it to the progress phone, which I rectified for next release, but it's rush2112

topher

Apr 21, 2017
some incest patch?
I don't know how to choose the characters' relationship
english is not my native language.
I wasn't sure either but based on the context when it confirms and quick look at the patch for the original I believe it's:

Marcy = mom
Mike = dad
Julia = sister
Tracy = sister
Diana = aunt
Lily = cousin
Eidith = grandmother
rose = girlfriend

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
Thats one hot mom!
damn those legs
probably the sexiest legs of any mom character here.

i also like those small expression animations
its not much but it adds another level of realism
most other games dont have those

you know there are super realistic AI text to speech programs right?
you dont need an voice actress for that.
just type in the text and select an sexy voice.

i would love to hear "mom" speaking with an deep voice LOL

keep it up :)

Edit: you just got one more patreon supporter ;)
thug level 1

Last edited:

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
You got skillz Silk_Ari!
im not saying that much often these days from game developers.
most of them looks like they just learned Daz 3D
crappy lighting..if there is one
flat looking renderers.
grainy renderers
bad poses
bad expressions..if there are any
same skinny models all over again.
bad animations

but nothing of that here.

you have probably used it longer than i have.
2.5 years here ;)

Those animations are top level!
i know how hard it is to do animations in Daz 3D.
only a few that i know about can make these smooth realistic animations in Daz.

anyway
cant wait for more MOM content!

this was too good to be true..i knew it ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 6 Votes