Unreal Engine Under the Witch [v1.8] [NumericGazer]

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes
Oct 11, 2018
Man..I really respect independent creators like this but.. to wait whole months just for 5 minutes of ero content is disgraceful, somebody should really tell gazer to stop investing so much time and energy in the pointless aspects of the game like the items , world map, grass , dynamics etc and to focus on the ero content because this is an ero game after all lol.
the poor lad is literally trying to build a full fledged RPG title with triple A graphics singlehandedly.
I know that I'm in the minority on this, but I actually like what he's doing (though I wish he could do it faster or something). The fact that he's making a game with actual things to do in it has me infinitely more interested than the 10,000 other Ren'Py dating simulators and visual novels on this site.

For all we know, the quality of the finished product (if it gets there) could attract an even larger audience and which could potentially be used to fund a dev team of more than a single person and make subsequent titles quicker to produce. Obviously this is purely hypothetical with a bit of optimism sprinkled in.

Jan 1, 2018
By now we should have gotten more than what we have, Ill keep waiting in the meantime since theyre keeping us posted with montgly updates.
This could go the same way of many big shot hentai games that get abandoned but would be interested to see more of this if it continues.

Camembiere

Jun 20, 2020
Man..I really respect independent creators like this but.. to wait whole months just for 5 minutes of ero content is disgraceful, somebody should really tell gazer to stop investing so much time and energy in the pointless aspects of the game like the items , world map, grass , dynamics etc and to focus on the ero content because this is an ero game after all lol.
the poor lad is literally trying to build a full fledged RPG title with triple A graphics singlehandedly.
Still faster than Estate Dominate

Jul 27, 2020
Exactly, we even have freaking swimming animations jesus christ

Aquanoxxx

Jul 17, 2021
Exactly, we even have freaking swimming animations jesus christ
You guys have to realize he didn't make everything you see in the game, and I bet you he didn't make the swimming animations either. Look up Quixel MegaScans, he didnt model or create the high quality textures for the forest, the cabin and a lot of other things. He definitely did for boots or bed or the unique stuff, but Unreal Engine users get the entire library of Quixel MeganScans for FREE. There are also a massive amount of free and paid animation packs, Adobe Mixamo being the best example with thousands of animations. Those are all free to use, and I bet you the swimming is probably there or from another pack.

He does way less work than you guys think. People put together forests, cabins, entire maps in UE4 in a few hours if you check youtube. Ultimately he's the only one willing to do this kind of work though and the character models are really high quality in the end, so he wins.

Jul 27, 2020
You guys have to realize he didn't make everything you see in the game, and I bet you he didn't make the swimming animations either. Look up Quixel MegaScans, he didnt model or create the high quality textures for the forest, the cabin and a lot of other things. He definitely did for boots or bed or the unique stuff, but Unreal Engine users get the entire library of Quixel MeganScans for FREE. There are also a massive amount of free and paid animation packs, Adobe Mixamo being the best example with thousands of animations. Those are all free to use, and I bet you the swimming is probably there or from another pack.

He does way less work than you guys think. People put together forests, cabins, entire maps in UE4 in a few hours if you check youtube. Ultimately he's the only one willing to do this kind of work though and the character models are really high quality in the end, so he wins.
Ok so in that case it gets worse, considering the amount of time and content

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
Well I can't say that I'm surprised.
Back when we knew that he changed from the VN type to open-word type, it was obvious that it's too ambitious for a single dev... sad but true...

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

kingbear123

May 3, 2020
yeah well id doubt he'd care how long it takes, its not like hes working for you hes developing this game as a passion/interest and he is getting patreon support because they like his game. His priority isnt to give you content at all.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
The entire scene where you're made to sniff your (superior) sister's ass and then worship it is absolute top tier femdom imo. Thank you.
Not so much into the sniffing, but ass kissing all the way. Please tell me she makes MC kiss her butt after his defeat :)

Well I can't say that I'm surprised.
Back when we knew that he changed from the VN type to open-word type, it was obvious that it's too ambitious for a single dev... sad but true...
Sadly I agree. I was hoping he would make a standard RPGM-life overworld with all the CGI focused on the battles.

Oct 11, 2018
Sadly I agree. I was hoping he would make a standard RPGM-life overworld with all the CGI focused on the battles.
Now this I could agree with. Even though I am looking forward to what's currently being worked on, I feel like what you said would work quite nicely as well.

That being said, I hope this game doesn't end up with a bunch of places you have to go with hordes of trash enemies I don't care for (random skeletons, goblins, etc.) along the way.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Aquanoxxx

Jul 17, 2021
Now this I could agree with. Even though I am looking forward to what's currently being worked on, I feel like what you said would work quite nicely as well.

That being said, I hope this game doesn't end up with a bunch of places you have to go with hordes of trash enemies I don't care for (random skeletons, goblins, etc.) along the way.
He said this in his last post:
I've also been working on character designs and scenarios for ver. 0.3.0. I want to add dungeons and a more RPG-like game cycle and combat. I'd like to add a lot of enemies that are not related to the story, like slimes in DragonQuest.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018
He said this in his last post:
I want to add dungeons and a more RPG-like game cycle and combat. I'd like to add a lot of enemies that are not related to the story, like slimes in DragonQuest.
Seriously? Why would he even go this route? I mean...if he wanted generic slimes as an enemy, he shouldn't have started this game and instead should have made some generic RPG.

Aquanoxxx

Jul 17, 2021
I have no idea what he's thinking anymore. His very first post on Patreon was April 1st, 2018 (3 years and 4 months ago). The very first release of UTW with the witch was on July 11st, 2019, that just passed the 2 years mark. It's insane to me that the current content we have took 2 years to make when he already had the foundation of the game.

My only point with this is, please, Numeric Gazer , please be a little more realistic. Do you really want to spend a massive amount of time trying to introduce more RPG elements? Not only will it be a massive time sink, the more complex your game gets, the more chance of spaghetti code and delays and even just wanting to delete it, start over, or "spring cleaning".

Kintaroe

Apr 5, 2019
tfw you wait 6-12 months per update to play 10 minutes of content

We might have a full idie game in about 20 years boys
The problem with many ppl is that they keep downloading the new updates that are just a scene long. I personally just read the updates of what he/she made and just move on until the game is finished or abandoned, then i download the game and play.

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes