Unreal Engine Under the Witch [v1.8] [NumericGazer]

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes

Audesent

Mar 21, 2020
I didn't find the solution in this thread with black screen problem after duel and save loading, so it can't be fixed?

Ranny

Donor
Jul 14, 2017
People stop discussing the issue of PC game load. The game is made almost on the most modern Unreal Engine 4.27 engine. Yes, version 5 was recently released. Modern engines are capable of loading any hardware. That's the way it should be. They are made in reserve. Moreover, some games seem to have a possible resolution of 8k and higher. This is done so that the old game would be relevant even after 5 years. And not like on an RPG maker where black stripes on the sides or a picture in 1/10 of the screen or pixels start to stretch when scaling. If the engine produces the maximum picture, then it produces more and more fps. The record that I saw in games (though in the old ones) is 700 fps, with this approach, you won’t have enough iron (PC) at all.
Causing the game to fry GPUs is just bad optimization. Nothing else about it.

Weta

Jan 27, 2018
If this game fries your GPU, you might want to clean out your computers every now and then. Also, don't buy into the whole "gaming laptop" oxymoron.

• Angry
Reactions: lomechip

Ranny

Donor
Jul 14, 2017
If this game fries your GPU, you might want to clean out your computers every now and then. Also, don't buy into the whole "gaming laptop" oxymoron.
It's pushing too much FPS, I think atleast. I haven't bothered to study deep into it, just tried to find fixes, but none work. No other games do this besides PUBG (notoriously bad optimization) and this for now.

EDIT: Isn't a gaming laptop. Triple fan 2080, so very adequate cooling.

Weta

Jan 27, 2018
It's pushing too much FPS, I think atleast. I haven't bothered to study deep into it, just tried to find fixes, but none work. No other games do this besides PUBG (notoriously bad optimization) and this for now.

EDIT: Isn't a gaming laptop. Triple fan 2080, so very adequate cooling.
Just out of curiosity, what do you consider "frying", temperature wise?

death angel

Oct 14, 2018
- Is it possible to avoid Herba's new signing contract content? I can only get this dialogue now, not be able to other talking options anymore (including the armpit scene I've read about)
- After beating Alice I got her shield and sword, but the chest is always empty, is it normal?

Thank you

LEWDpyon

Aug 18, 2018
Honestly even if there wasn't really an open world, I really struggle to know what direction the game is going. The Dealer fight felt more like a tech demo rather than a pitch for anything substantial. Alice while better still doesn't tell me much about where the fuck this game is going.

Reactions: succxess1

menosky

Aug 3, 2020
For me when I restart the game it crashes. "error line 128".
When I launch it the first time no problem but when I quit with or without the save and I restart the game I receive an error message.
the only solution I found is to delete the "saved" file to restart it.
Suddenly I can't move forward in the game, does anyone know the solution to my problem?

Dahotshot

Aug 10, 2021
Honestly even if there wasn't really an open world, I really struggle to know what direction the game is going. The Dealer fight felt more like a tech demo rather than a pitch for anything substantial. Alice while better still doesn't tell me much about where the fuck this game is going.
NumericGazer just uploaded a public post outlining his vision for the game - that the 0.X versions are going to be "episodes" (Dealer = Episode 1, Lake = Episode 2, "Gothic" = Episode 3) and that his focus on Episode 3 is density as opposed to the needlessly large overworld of the Lake.

Also, the new succubus character looks wild, can't wait to see what kind of stuff she does to the MC!

Jun 10, 2021
POST FROM PATREON PUBLIC

Thank you for your continued support, NumericGazer.
In April,I finally finished production on all scenes for Ver 0.2.0!

Finished Ver
Next month, I will be working on a FinishedVer to be released on Steam. There will be no additional scenes, etc. Basically, I will release a compilation of what I have made so far.
I will adjust the details. And I After that is done, I will start working on Ver 0.3.0.

The finished version will be distributed on Patreon in the same way as the alpha version, with plans of $5 or more.
I am considering distributing free codes on Steam, but it will be difficult as I will need to send them to each new backer every day.

by the way
Ver0.1.0, Ver0.2.0, Ver0.3.0 were numbered, but on Steam
Ver0.1.0 dealer version is called EPISODE1
Ver0.2.0 Lake version is EPISODE2
Ver0.3.0 Gothic version is EPISODE3

In the future, when an episode is completed, I would like to release it as a single game.

Ver0.3.0 Information
This month I would like to unveil a new character for Ver 0.3.0.
Character name: Succubus (tentative)
Design:

I've always wanted to have a succubus concept character someday, and I'm excited to see it implemented! She is the ideal succubus.

Thoughts on Ver 0.3.0
As for the game cycle of Ver. 0.3.0, I envision a simple gameplay where you warp to each character's room and defeat enemies one after another, without the uselessly large map and day/night system like in Ver. 0.2.0. I envision small areas like Herba's store being created for each character.

The core of the game is "characters" and "eroticism," so I plan to focus on those and make the game with an emphasis on density.

As with Ver 0.2.0, I would like to create an alpha version with monthly updates, but the release date of the first alpha version has not yet been determined. Personally, I would like to release the first alpha version by the end of 2022. This is just my personal goal.

In the alpha version of Ver0.2.0, I was finally able to "add 3 to 5 scenes every month", so our goal for the alpha version of Ver0.3.0 is to "add one character every two months". Ultimately, I hope to create a workflow that will allow me to add a character every month.

Initially, I wanted to seamlessly transition to Ver 0.3.0 while creating Ver 0.2.0, but that was not possible. Sorry about that. However, the game system itself will use the one I created for Ver0.2.0, so it will take shape rather quickly.

That's all I'm thinking about right now! I may change my mind again, but I'll give you a monthly progress update, so stay tuned!

Well, that's all for now!

succxess1

May 4, 2021
I don't really like the idea of releasing it episodically on Steam, just seems like a way of making extra money. Also he doesn't even remember that the Witch build was 0.14. Also why does he upload such low res versions of these concept arts?????
Sounds like with 030 he is just giving up on the idea of having an open world rpg type thing and is just going for pure hentai and story with as little gameplay or world as possible. I would like an open world to explore but without massive, pointless, unused space like 020 had.

• Angry
Reactions: KnowledgeAlfa
3.90 star(s) 102 Votes