Collection Unreal Engine Under the Witch [v2024-08-09] [NumericGazer]

3.90 star(s) 110 Votes

Zekapa

May 29, 2017
i suggest taking a look at the changelog.
While I understand and very often respect this type of responses, it is quite asinine in this case. I also understand and respect you might take the following negatively considering that at the end of the day, I'm the bozo asking for help.

The changelog leads up to v0.2.0 alpha ver 11, and from then to Steam Ver 1.8. While it is understood that Gothic/Kuro is the new demo? project? version?, it establishes basically nothing regarding why the OP has both 0.2.0 alpha 11, steam 1.8 (+patched, whatever that is?) as well as the unnamed top link under Download - not to mention how all the links lead to seemingly mismatched versions: Unnamed Download leads to Under The Witch 1.8; Steam 1.8 leads to HerosJourney, with only the 0.2.0 alpha 11 leading to actual 0.2.0 alpha 11.

There is no flow of continuity between versions, or even the reason(s) for all the versions being listed. It's not obvious, it's not intuitive, and the changelog doesn't help, thank you very much.

So I would rephrase - Could anyone please enlighten me regarding the differences between these versions? It is not immediately, entirely, or rather at all, obvious, as to why there are four download links for what is apparently a "finished" game + the new "chapter" of it.

mnmers

Jun 24, 2020
I am having this problem and the game does not run... I have 16gb ram and 1650gtx, the previous games are perfect for me, I don't understand
It translates to basically, you don't have enough memory to run the game.

TopBlade

Jan 7, 2018
I knew Kuro would be one of my least favorites, but the animation quality is still amazing.

Now the long wait for the other witches...

guinoww

Jun 4, 2017
Bruh... 3+ years for a less inspired Copy/Paste of Alice build with a couple of different underwhelming animations and an empty room that you can't even explore properly. It literally took me less than 10 minutes between opening the "game" for the first time and closing after i finished it, bravo (y):poop:

Last edited:

acarobasito

Sep 10, 2020
While I understand and very often respect this type of responses, it is quite asinine in this case. I also understand and respect you might take the following negatively considering that at the end of the day, I'm the bozo asking for help.

The changelog leads up to v0.2.0 alpha ver 11, and from then to Steam Ver 1.8. While it is understood that Gothic/Kuro is the new demo? project? version?, it establishes basically nothing regarding why the OP has both 0.2.0 alpha 11, steam 1.8 (+patched, whatever that is?) as well as the unnamed top link under Download - not to mention how all the links lead to seemingly mismatched versions: Unnamed Download leads to Under The Witch 1.8; Steam 1.8 leads to HerosJourney, with only the 0.2.0 alpha 11 leading to actual 0.2.0 alpha 11.

There is no flow of continuity between versions, or even the reason(s) for all the versions being listed. It's not obvious, it's not intuitive, and the changelog doesn't help, thank you very much.

So I would rephrase - Could anyone please enlighten me regarding the differences between these versions? It is not immediately, entirely, or rather at all, obvious, as to why there are four download links for what is apparently a "finished" game + the new "chapter" of it.
Can you hear me scream?

AAAAAAAjpg.jpg

AverageSteve

Mar 26, 2024
It's an awesome demo. Performance is flawless as well. Although my desktop's gpu fans seem to be running overtime.
Also I've noticed the game sets the graphical settings too high upon first booting the game.
I recommend everyone setting anti-aliasing to low, and both Global Illumination Quality and Reflection Quality to medium and capping the max framerate to 60 fps to maintain solid 100% fps all the time.

Reactions: OppaiDragon8569

AverageSteve

Mar 26, 2024
There is no flow of continuity between versions...
Speaking of.. I know that the first version of the game, featuring the Dealer was too abstract story-wise and didn't gave us much backstory. But after the 2nd release I always thought that the dev would at least add context as to how the protag got to the castle. Did his sister bring him there? Or were they attacked at home? I hope to see the Alice demo to be connected in the story to this release. It'd be a shame to have those kept separately from the rest.

Reactions: Xarem 23

rvheg

Oct 1, 2021
I don't care about the gameplay or the characters. I'm in it for the environments and benchmarking my RTX6090. Get on my level.

LEWDpyon

Aug 18, 2018
I can't remember much from playing the last couple of versions of Under the Witch but they can fuck off with this Just Guard shit
I honestly agree the timing is extremely finicky the game should have some sort of subtle indicator to tip off those who really want to get into the mechanic otherwise I'm just click spamming until something happens.

feels like this game (or series, i suppose) is not really going anywhere. the first game with dealer seemed like a decent proof of concept, but years later we are now in the third iteration of... not much more than a fancy tech demo. the stuff looks amazing, don't get me wrong, but does anyone expect that we'll ever get to see all those different witches Kuro is talking about? cause i don't really see it happening.
At first I would have disagreed mostly because I thought it was starting to get it's groove by the end of Alice but after playing Gothic, I now understand this impression, with how disconnected the setup for Gothic is it almost feels like an OVA but even these try to have some sort of Cohesion? At this point the game should just take place with different protags while sharing the same universe. It would allow num just to do whatever. With the current setup, it just feels like a high quality version of Monster girl island or Tower of Trample but with two prior episodes that feels disconnected from the current direction like MGI but lacks any real series end goal that isn't build specific unlike ToT.

And considering that it took a long ass time for a singular room, concept art, modelling, and 3 scenes it's probably best to kind of leave this game in the backburner of your thoughts and coming in every once in a long period of time. which kind of sucks considering that there aren't any games that come close to it in quality and niches.

Last edited:

jaggedlunch

Aug 9, 2019

so basically to my understanding on development from when this was going on that was years ago, the 2.0 alpha link has all the scenes and less grindy gameplay by a bit. Basically the complete first game. the steam version added more grind gameplay same scenes, but they had to be censored to release legally for some reason or something I believe and I guess the patched version has the nudity added back although idk to be sure.

finally the new euro is the new demo for the next parts in the series. hope that helps and yeah we could prob label that better.

Reactions: anon280

Whatever nah

Sep 19, 2018
My game does not show anything! I can still hear and see text, but that's it. I think it's related to Unreal Engine 5 because I can run the older version normally.
Screenshot 2024-08-10 at 06.17.46.png

dragonwong85

Oct 7, 2019
the game just cant work.is ok when i move the camera to look around,or in cg it work.
but when i click or press any key it will lag like ppt,like it just 1 fps.i can look around but can't move one step
4090+13900k.i dont know waht can i do
can anyone give me a save file so i dont need to control and play it

I think you just need to update graphics card driver, Im using a GTX 4060 Laptop and it runs smoothly on all high QHD.

Reactions: skinnyj69

dragonwong85

Oct 7, 2019
*Visual and Text Bugs*

Visual: If her boots are unequipped (barefoot), her battle "chair/stomp" scene looks really bad, its like shes supposed to step on his dick with her boot, but if shes on barefoot it looks like shes stepping on him with "the force" hopefully thats going to get optimized soon. (the Eye and Mouth animations of some scenes look super weird and glitchy)

Text Bug: In the skill tree there's often a "value 1" something needed, this is probably a bug that's fixable in 10 minutes but its there, like in multiple abilities in the skill tree.

Recommendation:
Would be nice to add the "blowjob" scene in her dialogue options instead of having to go to gallery all the time, since she mentioned something about asking her to help him clean up his sperms after the blowjob scene, its kind of weird that thats not an option in the dialogue as something you can "ask" for.

Reactions: stickypicky

Malfred

Jan 29, 2018
My game does not show anything! I can still hear and see text, but that's it. I think it's related to Unreal Engine 5 because I can run the older version normally.
View attachment 3915521
unreal 5 is the belphegor of unreal
it is not unreal for it to not run
should you truly wish to run it and have to time to do so you should open the task manager to see where it break, then terminate non-essentials programs, should that not be enought try to optimize your graphic card, should that not be enough, try to overclock, should that not be enough and you have a spare disk, give raid a try (look up "raid computer"), should that not be enough, use a tool to clean your computer (i usually use glary utilities), should that not be enough buy the upgraded version of the part that was overwelmed, should that not be enough, use disassembly to see the source code and try to fix the memory leaks (god know why, most unreal dev can't handle memory), should that not be enough try creating an os optimized specifically to run this game, should that not be enough you are fucked (sorry)

• Haha
Reactions: Nait Sieve

Melon

Jun 7, 2017
Might just be me, but v-sync is not working for the gothic "dlc", and it leads to my pc going into panic mode and just start blasting fans like crazy

3.90 star(s) 110 Votes