Br@ndy

Modder
Nov 28, 2020
Undercover Love (v0.0.15a) Gallery Mod

Game Name : Undercover Love
Game version : 0.0.15a
Mod version :0.0.15a

Support Developer :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download Mod :

Download Android Mod : Mega

Download Pc Mod : Mega

[Android & Pc Mod Updating Soon... ]

CrimsonAxisStudio

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
TLDR the whole update log and came back slightly salty. I would classify that as a bugfix that changed older scenes not an update as that would imply people waiting with saves at the edge of the game could progress further.
First paragraph in the update log:

"This update focuses solely on updating Jeni to her new model, removing old variables that won't be used in the future, rewriting some things that have bothered me for awhile about the early game, or changing renders that I'm not happy with or that used old techniques that I have since found better ways to accomplish. There are also a couple of new scenes, but not the normal amount of new scenes I typically put in."

Reactions: Bang5Bang

TFFBladez

Oct 10, 2020
They wouldn't then be choices.
I mainly ask because in the first section you can visit all the sisters and it didn't seem to matter. Sometimes the order of choices in these games allows more events to happen. Also When it comes to the Harem tag I think I would like to experience all of the scene moments with each girl.

Last edited:
Reactions: Why Am I Even Here?

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I mainly ask because in the first section you can visit all the sisters and it didn't seem to matter. Sometimes the order of choices in these games allows more events to happen. Also When it comes to the Harem tag I think I would like to experience all of the scene moments with each girl.
That's your preference and not how the dev wants the game to be played. Considering how much they've altered the initial release to accommodate people I truly hope that we won't see all choices rendered meaningless because you or someone else doesn't want to miss out on content or to have to play through it more than once.

As of this release I think that the dev has a great beginning to an interesting game and I look forward to more.

CrimsonAxisStudio

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
It doesn't really matter for that one.

Reactions: Throwawayxyz

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
I use xnview. It's free and has batch conversion capabilities with an understandable UI.
I second the recommendations of darkhound1.

JPEG blurs color borders, so the image quality lowers significantly. WEBP gives practically no perceptible decrease in quality (on good quality settings like 90%), while being also superior in size reduction. So there is no question, WEBP it is.

For batch image processing, there is also XnConvert from the same author as XnView, and even a command-line tool to be run from automatic scripts.

Reactions: CrimsonAxisStudio

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
I second the recommendations of darkhound1.

JPEG blurs color borders, so the image quality lowers significantly. WEBP gives practically no perceptible decrease in quality (on good quality settings like 90%), while being also superior in size reduction. So there is no question, WEBP it is.

For batch image processing, there is also XnConvert from the same author as XnView, and even a command-line tool to be run from automatic scripts.
Sorry for being late to the party and bringing this up again but your comparison is an oversimplification and the resulting conclusion sadly not sound.

Both JPEG as well as WEBP have image details they struggle with: JPEG suffers on hard borders of uniform color or small lines on uniform backgrounds, WEBP suffers on areas of small details like leaves on a tree or human skin. Given a modern encoder like the size difference between both formats on equally perceived quality is negligible and depending on image composition JPEG may still draw ahead. So the question still remains and it's answer isn't always WEBP.

That being said, I too second darkhound1's recommendation of using fixed quality WEBP over most JPEG encoders, CrimsonAxisStudio. Though if one tried to optimize for size as well as quality a structural-similarity-based approach using variable quality settings for each image would be the way to go. And while the process may sound rather daunting, it can be automated by tools like .

I actually did test this on a relatively new title last autumn which shipped both a PNG- as well as a JPEG-version (the latter with a quality setting of 90, iirc) on its first iterations:

4.20 star(s) 33 Votes