Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
Will there be a penalty for continuing the game past the point where events stop happening? I think its around when ate asks about three passages? As in, will events be tied to specific days or could we continue the game without missing future scenes when the game is updated?
Most likely your saves will simply break when major plot update comes out. Otherwise idk about punishment but plot events are tied to certain days. So yeah, if your saves will work you'll miss every single event tied to days that you already passed.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Houtamelo Thanks for reporting. That exploit was first reported about a month ago, but fixing it isn't high priority just yet.

dakilladj Saves cannot be transferred from one version to another, except for hotfixes. I explained why a few pages ago.

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
Got a question. Will player eventually be able to change others attitudes thru plot events?
Will it be reflected in said plot events? For example: Claw will stop berating and insulting everyone if we teach her how not to be an asshole.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
thighslover Eycaj Oof, sorry for this. It looks like that is a leftover error that I forgot to remove from the free version. I've made a very quick fix in the file below, but right now I don't have a save to test it, and I have to find a good place to put a command to fix broken saves, since the error apparently happens before reaching the personal room menu. Rushing to make a proper fix for this and test it, give me a few minutes.

Edit: Removed the file as I've uploaded a better file to itch.io and the other mirrors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thronico

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Uploaded a new free version to itch.io that should fix the error, including the savefiles that were created with yesterday's version. I'm going to give it one final test, and once I confirm the issue has been solved I'll update the Mega, Mediafire and Anonfile links.

Slaanesh Champion Of course, one of the premises of this game is that each protagonist evolves with the events affecting them. Right now, you can make her less hostile over time if you manage to get her domination and ambition drives to decrease, and her love drive to increase - it will just not result in story changes yet.

mlurker No. Right now I'm focusing on adding features and improvements suggested and requested by the community to polish the main game loop. Once that's finished, I'll shift the vast majority of the work towards continuing the story. A little extra info .

Edit: Gave it an extra test and I think everything should be working properly now. Updated the links for Mega, Mediafire and Anonfiles now as well.

Last edited:

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
Getting a crash shortly after starting the game, with Nash trying to initiate sex.

Capture d’écran 2021-04-16 195524.png
Last month, on version v28 supporter, I also got a crash (with same-ish error message) when Nash tried to invite me as companion.

I'm using Firefox latest version (v87.0 x64) as browser.

I hope that I can convince you that I really enjoy the game, enough to support it anyway and definitely would like to see more of it, but I refuse to use Chrome, so I'd appreciate to know if this could be fixed or if I should cancel my subscription. (EDIT: no hard feelings on my side if that's the case, just to make sure).

Last edited:

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
ThisIsMe88 I guess you're playing on 0.2.9 or 0.2.9b? I uploaded a patch this morning that fixes that bug, download v0.2.9c from Patreon. Remember to hit the "Apply hotfix" button on the personal room menu after you've loaded your savefile.

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

EvilRade

Jul 10, 2019
If one of the characters is wearing a chastity belt - their sexual intercourse will last for eternity. Please fix.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
If one of the characters is wearing a chastity belt - their sexual intercourse will last for eternity. Please fix.
Generic sex scenes always last the same amount of turns. If you mean battles, version 0.2.9 includes battle actions to target locked genitals.

EvilRade

Jul 10, 2019
Generic sex scenes always last the same amount of turns. If you mean battles, version 0.2.9 includes battle actions to target locked genitals.
I'm talking about the event with Padmiri which starts with " "Hey, Padmiri. Is it strange if I think that the flowers are hiding from me?" "
It leads to the sex scene which lasts for infinite number of turns if PC or Padmiri wears chastity.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
I'm talking about the event with Padmiri which starts with " "Hey, Padmiri. Is it strange if I think that the flowers are hiding from me?" "
It leads to the sex scene which lasts for infinite number of turns if PC or Padmiri wears chastity.
Ah, I get it now. In the worst case scenario, if both characters have as much bondage as possible and none has learned denial actions yet, they may only be getting small amounts of lust damage per turn due to the buttplug and the nipple-suckers. I could add some extra scripting to that scene to prevent it from going too slow. Thanks for the report!

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
DeepInteractivity Thanks for fixing the bugs, v29c did the trick for me. Next, time for some feedback if you cared to have it :

1/ the more I play with the current dialogue system, the more I think that something is missing.

For example, it seems strange to me that when an NPC B joins a discussion I was having with NPC A, during which I got NPC A to be friendly, aroused or whatever, NPC B benefits from it. In that regard, it's rather funny (and mildly frustrating) to watch NPC B leave with NPC A shortly after to have sex, while I just spent wasted a good amount of time working up NPC A in the chat.

It doesn't fit the narrative either that Claw and Nash for example, being hostile to each other because of some early rivalry, suddenly decide to be friendly to each other in a discussion they're having with my character, just because she is friendly to both.

Maybe instead of stats tied to the player character could the game have each of the 5 stats *per character pair* ?

2/ Group discussions are (seriously) bugged at the moment. It's not rare for me to join a discussion where some radio-buttons are missing. I can see the NPCs on the right hand-side bar, but can't interact with them. More troublesome is that if I join a discussion with NPCs A, B & C, and B and C then leave, I can keep talking to either B or C if I had selected them prior, because the radio-button of A doesn't update and remains unselected.

As a result, with the issue expanded on in 1/, I tend to avoid group discussions at the moment.

3/ Some *stronger* kind of persistency of how characters like each other would be welcome in the future. I'm thinking of stuff like jealousy, (long-standing) resentment, (deep) affection or outright (passionate but short-lived) lust. Basically, some more "real" human psychology to the game.

Currently, it's not rare for Val to ask on her own for a talk, and the first option she picks is "ignores whatever you're saying" or something offensive like that. It's alright to have a "bad day" from time to time (especially if the game accounted for them just having lost a challenge, for example), but it looks to me that it's always up to the player to make the effort to ignore the initial random "snappishness", then to raise the "friendliness", to reach at least a "neutral" mood.

If there is some romance going on, the first interactions should be at least friendly... unless there was some jealousy... unless there were some short-term events... but everything is forgotten if lust takes over... etc. Maybe it already works like that, but it doesn't really feel that way when the first greeting you receive from your "companion" is an insult.

4/ I read your announcement on Patreon, and I'm really, really looking forward to the story being expanded in the future. This is what's going to make or break the game to me.

I fully understand what you've tried to do with coding and tuning the gameplay during the last few months, to get to a stable core that the story can expand on. The addition of NPC vocalizations during sex were highly appreciated, and they seem much less prone to masturbating than before. I still can't say I'm a big fan of the current iteration of the mini-game, because it remains as dry and repetitive as computer-generated chain of events come.

Sex being the spice of life, it should be eventful, diverse, rich and why not surprising. From a pure min-maxing point of view, the optimal option seems to currently rub genitals and stick to that selection till the end, for every NPC. Why should players bother ? Sex always happens in the same location, with no interaction with the environment, other events of the day, other relationships, disregarding any potential preferences or kinks that each partner could have.

Maybe could the scrolls and kinks somehow be limited to some NPCs (or better yet as a "canon"/"randomized" setting in the game options), as a good start ?

5/ Speaking of which, could you further elaborate on what the "NPC Candidates bonuses " game setting does ? Does it add "hypnotizing gaze" to each NPC if I selected "Hypnosis" ? Are there any NPCs who would have (and keep) that ability if i don't select any option ?

You did a great job characterizing your NPCs, so I'd prefer them to remain unique, even in the bedroom, but I'm not sure that's what I'm getting.

6/ Finally, I'm coming back to my idea that there needs to be some over-arching progression system that controls and enforces long-term consequences to the interactions of the player and even the NPCs. As it currently works, one day an NPC can be in what seems to be a strong companionship or servitude-relationship with someone, and three days later the couple just randomly interchanges partners as if nothing ever happened.

I do not know if the progression system should be pregnancy as we've mentioned here before, "marking" partners or some kind of stronger "affection meter", but the fact is that something should be looked into to make "giving/receiving attention", at any time of the day (sex, tutorship, etc.), a more precious "gift" than it currently is, a gift that would be wasted just randomly rotating between partners. To give you an example of what I could suggest, the tutor could very well "lose" some experience to benefit their "pupil". It would be an investment, but will it be worth it in the end ? That would be a question that keeps the story interesting.

I think that should be long enough for now. Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Player "values" (ambition, domination, etc.) increase, but never level up for me. Maybe because I don't play for long enough ?

Last edited:

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
First of all, thanks for your extensive feedback!

1/ the more I play with the current dialogue system, the more I think that something is missing.

For example, it seems strange to me that when an NPC B joins a discussion I was having with NPC A, during which I got NPC A to be friendly, aroused or whatever, NPC B benefits from it. In that regard, it's rather funny (and mildly frustrating) to watch NPC B leave with NPC A shortly after to have sex, while I just spent wasted a good amount of time working up NPC A in the chat.

It doesn't fit the narrative either that Claw and Nash for example, being hostile to each other because of some early rivalry, suddenly decide to be friendly to each other in a discussion they're having with my character, just because she is friendly to both.

Maybe instead of stats tied to the player character could the game have each of the 5 stats *per character pair* ?
I'm planning on changing a few things on how generic sex scenes are initiated, particularly adding the possibility of third characters being invited/choosing to join scenes proposed by other pairs in the same conversation. It could get clunky, but it would partially solve the problem, at least. If you have suggestions there, now is the best moment to comment them.

Having a different mood for each character is a bad idea on the technical side. Twine has severe memory limitations, and increasing the amount of variables that occupy an amount of space that grows exponentially with the amount of characters is poking a sleeping lion with a stick, especially since I'm trying to optimize memory usage to fit more characters in the future.

2/ Group discussions are (seriously) bugged at the moment. It's not rare for me to join a discussion where some radio-buttons are missing. I can see the NPCs on the right hand-side bar, but can't interact with them. More troublesome is that if I join a discussion with NPCs A, B & C, and B and C then leave, I can keep talking to either B or C if I had selected them prior, because the radio-button of A doesn't update and remains unselected.

As a result, with the issue expanded on in 1/, I tend to avoid group discussions at the moment.
Already received a few reports on this. On the first error, are all the characters who appear on the lateral bars executing interactions?

3/ Some *stronger* kind of persistency of how characters like each other would be welcome in the future. I'm thinking of stuff like jealousy, (long-standing) resentment, (deep) affection or outright (passionate but short-lived) lust. Basically, some more "real" human psychology to the game.

Currently, it's not rare for Val to ask on her own for a talk, and the first option she picks is "ignores whatever you're saying" or something offensive like that. It's alright to have a "bad day" from time to time (especially if the game accounted for them just having lost a challenge, for example), but it looks to me that it's always up to the player to make the effort to ignore the initial random "snappishness", then to raise the "friendliness", to reach at least a "neutral" mood.

If there is some romance going on, the first interactions should be at least friendly... unless there was some jealousy... unless there were some short-term events... but everything is forgotten if lust takes over... etc. Maybe it already works like that, but it doesn't really feel that way when the first greeting you receive from your "companion" is an insult.
I'm still testing the results, but the last couple of updates changed the way NPCs approach conversations, and they may choose specific strategies - some of these are "raise friendship", or "start sex", but there are also "seduce" (as opposed to "flirt", which involves raising dominance at almost any cost, which could explain why she's patronizing you) and "taunt" (where she tries to ruin your day expecting you to attack her later, which would cost you no infamy if she has been annoying enough. This strategy shouldn't be common unless she has high domination drive, enmity or rivalry with you, or you have high infamy).

There's already a system that makes NPCs maintain some persistance in their strategies (attitudes) towards other characters, but it may not be well communicated enough.

4/ I read your announcement on Patreon, and I'm really, really looking forward to the story being expanded in the future. This is what's going to make or break the game to me.
Hopefully I'll get there soon enough!

I fully understand what you've tried to do with coding and tuning the gameplay during the last few months, to get to a stable core that the story can expand on. The addition of NPC vocalizations during sex were highly appreciated, and they seem much less prone to masturbating than before. I still can't say I'm a big fan of the current iteration of the mini-game, because it remains as dry and repetitive as computer-generated chain of events come.

Sex being the spice of life, it should be eventful, diverse, rich and why not surprising. From a pure min-maxing point of view, the optimal option seems to currently rub genitals and stick to that selection till the end, for every NPC. Why should players bother ? Sex always happens in the same location, with no interaction with the environment, other events of the day, other relationships, disregarding any potential preferences or kinks that each partner could have.

Maybe could the scrolls and kinks somehow be limited to some NPCs (or better yet as a "canon"/"randomized" setting in the game options), as a good start ?
I'm getting the sex scenes AI and sex preferences reviewed soon, so this input comes at the right time.

5/ Speaking of which, could you further elaborate on what the "NPC Candidates bonuses " game setting does ? Does it add "hypnotizing gaze" to each NPC if I selected "Hypnosis" ? Are there any NPCs who would have (and keep) that ability if i don't select any option ?

You did a great job characterizing your NPCs, so I'd prefer them to remain unique, even in the bedroom, but I'm not sure that's what I'm getting.
The NPC Candidates bonuses options does exactly that, as well as raising some stats. I have plans for the other Candidates to potentially learn those actions when the story gets expanded during v0.3, but I decided to add that small feature so that people who enjoyed the related fetishes could get an earlier taste of them in the meantime.

6/ Finally, I'm coming back to my idea that there needs to be some over-arching progression system that controls and enforces long-term consequences to the interactions of the player and even the NPCs. As it currently works, one day an NPC can be in what seems to be a strong companionship or servitude-relationship with someone, and three days later the couple just randomly interchanges partners as if nothing ever happened.

I do not know if the progression system should be pregnancy as we've mentioned here before, "marking" partners or some kind of stronger "affection meter", but the fact is that something should be looked into to make "giving/receiving attention", at any time of the day (sex, tutorship, etc.), a more precious "gift" than it currently is, a gift that would be wasted just randomly rotating between partners. To give you an example of what I could suggest, the tutor could very well "lose" some experience to benefit their "pupil". It would be an investment, but will it be worth it in the end ? That would be a question that keeps the story interesting.

I think that should be long enough for now. Thanks for reading.
Don't remember if I commented it on this thread or on Discord, but special relationships shouldn't have too strong consequences yet because that could result in a snowball effect. Mechanics and elements that have long-lasting effects should wait a bit.

I like the idea of the tutor sacrificing something for the sake of the pupil. A small mechanic that should be fairly fast to implement is a small chance of the tutor sacrificing bar resources (energy, etc.) in exchange for extra experience for the pupil, as well as increased friendship and submission.

EDIT: Player "values" (ambition, domination, etc.) increase, but never level up for me. Maybe because I don't play for long enough ?
Drives are meant to influence the NPCs' decisions, simulating their rationality. The player character has those values for the sake of not making the code more convoluted, but the actual ambition and domination that determine the player character's actions should be, well, the player's.

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
I just dropped in to write that I've downloaded the game, didn't really know what I was doing build wise, but had extreme amounts of fun! It's like playing a turn-based strategy, I always want to start another day even long after the scripted events has ended.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
DeepInteractivity If you're taking suggestions, I have a wishlist for some possible additions to the core mechanics, I don't know how feasible those are in the current framework, but I figure it doesn't hurt to suggest them:

1. Combo actions during sex, like spitroasting or DP. I think you mentioned before that those things would be difficult outside of scripted events because actions could collide and characters could cancel each other's actions, but I figure that wasting a turn to sort out collision wouldn't be so bad and maybe characters shouldn't be able to cancel actions between another pair of characters just because they are currently leading. Maybe I'm missing something but I would really like to see those things as a possibility in the game outside of scripted events.

2. Currently both the "domination" and "submissive" sex options operate under "harem" rules (one character becomes the sole leader and capable of taking leading actions while everyone else can only play around), I would like to see a "gangbang" variation to those type of scenes. Something like where one character is a sort of "reverse leader", all other characters can only take actions targetting themselves or the reverse leader, characters can't cancel continous actions but their actions get cancelled after the topping character climaxes (allowing other characters to potentially take turns). Would work well with combo actions if those were implemented.

3. Tiered leading mechanics in egalitarian group sex. What I mean is that, the way it currently works is that characters simply cycle between who's the leader of the entire orgy, this can both feel really disruptive and also keep things rather "dull" (its hard to have a scene where multiple pairs are going at each other at the same time), tiered leading would mean that any character can try to mount a character that has less "lead" score than they do, unless they themselves get mounted by someone with a higher score. Would lead to some wasted turns early on when collision happens, but I think it could make the scenes flow better on the whole.

I know some of those are probably difficult to implement and maybe not worthwhile if group sex is not going to be a very prominent part of the game, but I just wanted to get them out there, thanks for reading this far.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
I just dropped in to write that I've downloaded the game, didn't really know what I was doing build wise, but had extreme amounts of fun! It's like playing a turn-based strategy, I always want to start another day even long after the scripted events has ended.
Thanks for your comment!

manscout Your first point is exactly what I had in mind to implement positions/actions for more than two characters in non-scripted scenes. While it's a bit clunky, the alternative would be implementing a system where it's possible to select several specific targets, which would require overwriting a lot of code and a more complex AI.

The tiered system is more problematic than you realize, I think: in the current system, one leading character's actions may be disruptive to everything the other characters are doing; with a tiered lead system every character may be disruptive to those with less lead than them: half the characters' actions (on average) are potentially disruptive to everything that is going on.

It had also been discussed on Discord a mechanical twist that may be able to encompass your second point: scenes with dynamic leading where some characters are excluded from gaining lead. This makes the "reverse harem" mechanic, as you called it, a potential scenario, if there is just one character who is excluded from getting the lead. At the moment, the conditions I have in mind for this mechanic are these: if a character A proposes egalitarian sex to a character B, and character C, being in a submissive relationship with either A or B, is in the conversation and thus gets dragged to the scene, gets excluded from gaining the lead.

Reactions: manscout
4.00 star(s) 25 Votes