TheLlamaGuy

Aug 4, 2018
I would love to see a few dynamic comments by your partner at the end of sex scenes regarding how they enjoyed the sex (or didn't) and some variations depending on whether it was dom/sub and so on.

Being able to check your relation with other characters when you meet them while roaming around would also be nice!

Reactions: DeepInteractivity

CATCH PHRASE

Aug 21, 2017
Love the game so far, but I've noticed a few nit-picks that can get a bit in the way of the game.
-Not being able to see MC relations when talking to NPC. I forget things easily and it gets confusing
-Map too vague, too easy to forget where I train a specific skill
-No Fast Travel. A bit too heavy on clicking
-No hotkey binds. Degrees of Lewdity has same-action inputs so you can use keyboard inputs to select which option to go with, which is great for people in a hurry
-RNG odds not being shown prior to selection, only after. This gets annoying when trying to seduce, considering it costs a fortune of the conversation to ask for sex.
-Conversations are way too tight. With only having 100 +/- social drive, it feels like farming for nothing when compared to just maxing out skills rather than relationships. If the story is going to be locked into a set timeframe-- meaning days are extremely limited-- the payout to increasing relations should be higher.
-It's hard to spar with people later on in game since everyone just gets along easily enough-- there's rarely a causus belli to be found.
Speaking of, is the game going to lean towards a sandbox experience, or be locked into a specific timeframe?

Last edited:

CATCH PHRASE

Aug 21, 2017
There's also a bug with the "Tie Nash & Claw with Mir's vine" event.
Both Nash and Mir cannot take the lead, but for whatever reason, they can mount eachother.
Pretty much locks the scene out of both Mir and PC's hands.
Weird bug.

Reactions: Nebiros33

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
There's also a bug with the "Tie Nash & Claw with Mir's vine" event.
Both Nash and Mir cannot take the lead, but for whatever reason, they can mount eachother.
Pretty much locks the scene out of both Mir and PC's hands.
Weird bug.
Nah I think the bug is that while they can't take the lead, they seem to be able to start with the lead, if they do then they can mount another character, it is not a big problem if they do it to the player or to Mir since when either of those take the lead they can just break the position, but if they mount one another then it becomes impossible to break the position (maybe you can do it if you have unlocked 3some positions and mount one of them, and then breaking the position frees up everyone).

Either way, just need a way to set it so that neither Claw or Nash start with the lead in that scene.

CATCH PHRASE

Aug 21, 2017
Another point worth mentioning--
The stat growth options at start feel clunky. They limit more than they help, so it seems-- and the "Growth" multiplier isn't explained well, and doesn't show up anywhere later on, meaning multiple save files can be hectic.
Seeing the exact math would help a ton when trying to decide on what build is best-- especially when it comes to stat growth, and knowing early on what exactly you can do with your build, rather than waiting for a story event, or "Boon."
Early battles need a bit more care as well-- there's little explained, and NPC's exploit moves that the player doesn't seem capable of. The very first optional battle, after some testing, is only winnable with two weapon builds. I'd rather not explain which two, so others can figure out the pain of writing jargon down trying to compare stats like I had to.
Combat with NPC's isn't explained welll-- and only exploitable builds really seem to keep up with late game/first Claw fight-- so there's no real winning with most abilities.
One example is magic. The debuffs don't stack well with the offensive spells at all. Energy Drain doesn't do really anything worth the cost, compared to Hypnosis, which has a purpose outside of battle to give you a huge edge while inside of battle. Combat spells rarely hit, and don't do much.
The most spammy thing to do in the game is just battlestaff+hypnosis, since raising the Staff's stats are pretty much the only viable skills that let you actually connect things in battle. Otherwise, it's just "Everything you do misses, and most of your own attacks backfire."
A really annoying factor is that NPC's have pretty much all the boons combined, meanwhile you get one.
Probably might want to rehaul combat a bit. RNG combat is alright, but when the RNG nullifies attacks so much that you're likely to miss an offensive capability than not, it's not fun. Nobody likes seeing "You/They missed" this much lol

Last edited:

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Thanks for your feedback!

Being able to check your relation with other characters when you meet them while roaming around would also be nice!
-Not being able to see MC relations when talking to NPC. I forget things easily and it gets confusing
I implemented this a few days ago, in version 0.3.5 you will be able to see the relation stats any NPC has with the player character at the bottom of their status screen.

-No Fast Travel. A bit too heavy on clicking
Fast travel will eventually be implemented. It has a few difficulties because it requires a sequence of queued player actions, which may be paused or interrupted depending on the actions of other characters. Since this implies a lot of changes in the logic that could easily break the main game loop, I prefer it to wait until my living/working conditions go back to normal to implement it - otherwise it would take a lot of time-work just to release an update with a lot of effort put into QoL but too little actual new content.

-No hotkey binds. Degrees of Lewdity has same-action inputs so you can use keyboard inputs to select which option to go with, which is great for people in a hurry
I'll consider it in the future. Right now I'm reluctant to implement them because they could easily turn obsolete or require maintenance as fast as the UI gets some minor changes. In the meantime, however, remember that you can navigate most menus relatively fast with tab + space, and q serves as a hotkey to the next turn in scenes.

-RNG odds not being shown prior to selection, only after. This gets annoying when trying to seduce, considering it costs a fortune of the conversation to ask for sex.
This is intentional - otherwise conversations would turn into meaningless mini-games of "get the numbers raise until the bar is full", which takes the risk of failing away. As it works right now, you have to find a balance between going for it early enough and maximize your time or maintain control over what's happening against the risk of failing, and going slow and steady to make sure you don't fail, against the risk of someone else taking the initiative earlier. NPCs do also have "broken" functions that do not tell them with large precision when their actions will be successful with other NPCs (which often causes them to be overly cautious, and rarely to be rejected), so it isn't a fundamental disadvantage for the player.

-Conversations are way too tight. With only having 100 +/- social drive, it feels like farming for nothing when compared to just maxing out skills rather than relationships. If the story is going to be locked into a set timeframe-- meaning days are extremely limited-- the payout to increasing relations should be higher.
Increasing relations helps/will help you at passing checks and get the story to advance through the way you want it to, as well as a few other advantages in the main game loop, at the cost of your stats not increasing as efficiently. The choice between using your time to train, gain merit, dominate the others or raising other stats is less meaningful if you have time to do everything - and I'd say it's still possible to have a very large control over it all in your first playthrough at easy difficulty, or subsequent playthroughs at normal. Do also keep in mind that your max social drive increases over time.

-It's hard to spar with people later on in game since everyone just gets along easily enough-- there's rarely a causus belli to be found.
You can still pick up a fight if you're willing to take the infamy hit. It may help you to know that, the higher your infamy is, the faster it decays: the base infamy loss is 1 point per day, but it raises to 1 extra infamy lost per pay for every 10 accumulated infamy you have. Still, it's true that the tendency of the game is that NPC aggression falls down too much after a few weeks, but I'm not focusing on balancing the game beyond the latest day in the already existing story. I'll come back to this point after the first adventure is finished.

-Speaking of, is the game going to lean towards a sandbox experience, or be locked into a specific timeframe?
The main experience is intended to be a timeframe, but there will be options to extend the playthrough beyond the time limit. Right now, the game is pure sandbox after you reach the end of the story, although it ends up getting bland.

There's also a bug with the "Tie Nash & Claw with Mir's vine" event. (...)
Nah I think the bug is that while they can't take the lead, they seem to be able to start with the lead (...)
At which scene specifically have you found this? There are different possible scenes in that story event,

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Knowing exactly at which scene you found the issue would ease things for me to find the bug.

The stat growth options at start feel clunky. They limit more than they help, so it seems-- and the "Growth" multiplier isn't explained well, and doesn't show up anywhere later on, meaning multiple save files can be hectic.
Noted, will add further info in the UI.

Seeing the exact math would help a ton when trying to decide on what build is best-- especially when it comes to stat growth, and knowing early on what exactly you can do with your build, rather than waiting for a story event, or "Boon."
At the moment it's fairly simple: experience gained * affinity (mostly modified by starting boons and some story events) * stage multiplier (higher during training period, 3 at the start of the game), required exp to level up each stat grows by 100 for each additional level that you earn. At some point in the future I will add a mechanic that gives you further information on incoming stat checks.

Early battles need a bit more care as well-- there's little explained, and NPC's exploit moves that the player doesn't seem capable of. The very first optional battle, after some testing, is only winnable with two weapon builds. I'd rather not explain which two, so others can figure out the pain of writing jargon down trying to compare stats like I had to.
The player also has access to actions that NPCs don't. It's possible to win the first battle with each of the first four starting weapons, or with each of the three starting boons (at the very least, on normal difficulty), but the affinity between your stats, weapon and boon matters and not all builds are equally strong for all purposes. Spoilers regarding the first optional battle, regarding options that are possibly not too well known:

One example is magic. The debuffs don't stack well with the offensive spells at all. Energy Drain doesn't do really anything worth the cost, compared to Hypnosis, which has a purpose outside of battle to give you a huge edge while inside of battle. Combat spells rarely hit, and don't do much.
The most spammy thing to do in the game is just battlestaff+hypnosis, since raising the Staff's stats are pretty much the only viable skills that let you actually connect things in battle. Otherwise, it's just "Everything you do misses, and most of your own attacks backfire."
Someone in the game's Discord channel was recently arguing that pure magic builds are overpowered, so I'm getting some conflicting feedback here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A really annoying factor is that NPC's have pretty much all the boons combined, meanwhile you get one.
I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you referring to the fact that NPCs start with higher stats? If so, the total stat affinities is the same for all characters on normal difficulty, so early stat differences tend to be overshadowed by training on the long term. Do also keep in mind that NPCs aren't as good at focusing towards a min-maxed stat distribution as the player may actually be.

Probably might want to rehaul combat a bit. RNG combat is alright, but when the RNG nullifies attacks so much that you're likely to miss an offensive capability than not, it's not fun. Nobody likes seeing "You/They missed" this much lol
This makes sense and I'll keep it in mind, I'll test some changes in the future.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
At which scene specifically have you found this? There are different possible scenes in that story event,

Knowing exactly at which scene you found the issue would ease things for me to find the bug.
Was thinking of the scene where the player and Mir share the lead over Nash and Claw. I'm just making a wild guess here but I think it might have to do with the fact the framework of the scene is that of an egalitarian scene, where initial leadership is randomly assigned, and the "no lead" tag assigned to two of the characters is not actually preventing them from being assigned the initial leadership.

Last edited:

CATCH PHRASE

Aug 21, 2017
The scene where MC and plantgirl have Nash & Claw tied with vines. Nash & Claw can mount eachother, forcing the other two to just stand there awkwardly.
The "Pure Magic" build is OP, but the denominating problem between that and agile builds is that players don't know what abilities will get handed to them later in the game-- So, let's say the story just drops another combat option on day 50+ and focuses on helping builds that completely throw NPC's into a different combat pool-- if the PC has rivals, and is trying to butt heads, PC's won't know how to predict the game until they've beaten it and kept things memorized for certain events-- which is tough on someone who's trying to get the best results out of a linear storyline. 'm attempting to try out a strength/resillience build, the odds of anything connecting, and the odds that the connection has similar value to someone who has the same points but put into agile/perceptive builds doesn't stack well. I used a crack to check the odds on the not-latest version, and I noticed that STR/HP builds don't really hold well at all-- but, like OP mentions, other builds are just "Press this button to win."
So, that being said, some NPC's have extremely viable builds, more than others.
The point I made about NPC's having multiple boons refers to the toggle that allows certain fetishes to be allotted. The issue comes from that they start with this on day one. Sex scenes and talking to people are more of a risk to lose XP gaining progress than they are to just be left alone, meaning players might just try to avoid talking to NPC's at all-- which seems to be the opposite of what the game wants. My recommendation is that allowing fetishes in the game doesn't hinder the core gameplay mechanic as much-- I don't necessarily think it should be removed, but there should be a reason and a risk for players and NPC's to rely too heavily on boons.
The concept of weapons is an alright idea, but the game doesn't really hint well that some combinations don't mend well, even though you could consider them under the same "tree"-- and they're not mentioned until someone's well into a developed character.

CATCH PHRASE

Aug 21, 2017
I guess I disagree with you on the "get the numbers raise until the bar is full" RNG mechanic because as players, we literally have no idea what the conversation buttons even do behind the scenes. Why would that logic apply to combat-- where we can see at least a bit of the math-- but not to something as relaxed as a normal conversation?
For example-- seducing others a 0 willpower-- I haven't seen any mention in-game as to when willpower is used to check wether or not a character can deny being bottom, so when it's worthwhile to try it, the player doesn't know at that moment wether or not the situation is where they want it to be. Normally, it would make the player pay for their mistake-- but if the concept isn't brought up to them as to why the check never happened, they're just going to blame the lack of information given.
Overall it's a great game-- love some of the character designs, just needs a bit more clarity to it.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
The point I made about NPC's having multiple boons refers to the toggle that allows certain fetishes to be allotted. The issue comes from that they start with this on day one.
That option is meant for people who wanted to see the other Candidates use those fetishes before the mechanics for them to get them dynamically in-game are implemented, not as something the game should be balanced around. The intended "base" difficulty is normal with no NPC boons, and anything you select above that is just up to you wanting to make the game harder or spicier.

The "Pure Magic" build is OP, but the denominating problem between that and agile builds is that players don't know what abilities will get handed to them later in the game
When the event with the merchants is finished, Taototh approaches you to hint at the fact that you have a time-limited opportunity to respec a few stats in the Stars Tower. This happens around the time when you get your first weapon, your first boon, and combat gets enabled, so if you were focusing on a few specific stats but decide that focusing on a few others would be more useful based on the new options that get opened here, you can actually rebuild your character without restarting the game. This respec not only switches your actual stat values, but your stat affinities as well.

So, that being said, some NPC's have extremely viable builds, more than others.
I'm aware of this. Padmiri is designed to be a fighter that stands out in lenghty battles with several members on each side, which would be ideal for her to work as either a support or leader character, while Valtan has stats that would work well with a hypnosis build - their problem is that these tools haven't been introduced for them yet. Maaterasu tends to be the strongest NPC Candidate in most playthroughs - while her weaknesses may be exploited by a player who knows what they're doing, I'm not sure if I'll fix this by adding further depth to the AI or by giving further anti-magic options to the other NPCs.

Sex scenes and talking to people are more of a risk to lose XP gaining progress than they are to just be left alone, meaning players might just try to avoid talking to NPC's at all-- which seems to be the opposite of what the game wants.
Leaving roleplaying aside and considering player goals and balance only, it's still useful to dedicate a decent amount of time/resources to raising relationship stats at the cost of not maximizing stats, because those better relations also have utility, whether it is to pass story checks, to get characters to be more likely to ally you during the main game loop or even to get them to voluntarily submit to you at little or no infamy cost. You don't need to minmax your build or your time to be leading in merit anyway.

For example-- seducing others a 0 willpower-- I haven't seen any mention in-game as to when willpower is used to check wether or not a character can deny being bottom, so when it's worthwhile to try it, the player doesn't know at that moment wether or not the situation is where they want it to be. Normally, it would make the player pay for their mistake-- but if the concept isn't brought up to them as to why the check never happened, they're just going to blame the lack of information given.
I'd bet that the vast majority of players discover this dynamically through their playthroughs. Still, I'll get more feedback on this, and will probably add a tooltip to the desire value of conversation checks for players to be able to discover early that high desire results in willpower checks.

CATCH PHRASE

Aug 21, 2017
That option is meant for people who wanted to see the other Candidates use those fetishes before the mechanics for them to get them dynamically in-game are implemented, not as something the game should be balanced around. The intended "base" difficulty is normal with no NPC boons, and anything you select above that is just up to you wanting to make the game harder or spicier.
It should definitely be mentioned in the start of the game that the boons are given on day one. The current definition just means characters "Focus" or "All is allowed", but doesn't specify the timeframe.

When the event with the merchants is finished, Taototh approaches you to hint at the fact that you have a time-limited opportunity to respec a few stats in the Stars Tower.
I don't notice this during gameplay-- at which location/time? There's walls of text that don't have much impact compared to the parts that are more impactful. Something like that should be a bit more open for new players.

Leaving roleplaying aside and considering player goals and balance only, it's still useful to dedicate a decent amount of time/resources to raising relationship stats at the cost of not maximizing stats, because those better relations also have utility, whether it is to pass story checks, to get characters to be more likely to ally you during the main game loop or even to get them to voluntarily submit to you at little or no infamy cost. You don't need to minmax your build or your time to be leading in merit anyway.
It'd be worth the time if experience were gained during fights, regardless of outcome. Experiencing a fight first-hand should give a bonus, rather than it being something that harms relations/wastes materials for lewd gains-- otherwise, besides a few minor drawbacks, the only thing to gain is just a dom fetish moment. True, you can insult someone into a fight for free, but you stutter the oh-so-important relations that is going to affect the game later on. Mixing personal relations with combat mechanics tends to smudge gameplay value in games where there's time management-- since it forces characters to experiment late game.
It might be personal belief, but when I try out a build, unless the other builds are fun looking, or really catch my attention at some point, I'm not that interested in trying out other builds-- since it seems like learning a new skill tree is worth less effort than figuring out more details in my own.
It can lead to some pretty gnarly problems late game when requirements are not only out of reach due to my build, but also because the story is locked into an unfortunate run due to not doing extremely tight demands. Progression with characters should be separate from progression with stats, otherwise re-runs just mean letting the NPC you liked last game suffer-- which buzzkills the attachment the player feels to NPC's entirely. If the first run is me keeping a few characters close, and the second is me giving those up for a better relation with others-- I'm bound to lose interest in the big plot when I see the first try-outs getting ignored.

My personal recommendation-- Multiple people can share a friendly bond. Instead of socializing in leisure, allow players/NPC's to have larger groups of inner friends that agree to train certain ways together at certain times. It still gives members gaining their regular XP, but enjoying the company of having the others around. Currently, the group system only applies to two characters-- so only two characters can really get on great terms over time. This rewards bonds outside of story blockades, and without sacrificing XP that you would have earned regardless, at the least.
I also hope neutrality doesn't get spiked harshly into the ground. Seeing how Claw is supposed to have a high requirement to even become agreeable (Or really worth the time it takes to invest in them) it gives me one of those "Telltale Games"
whiplashes where it doesn't become enjoyable regardless of choice-- which forces players to have no real bond with any individual character.

CATCH PHRASE

Aug 21, 2017
After going through a few runs, I think I see the snags that people hit due to some issues with the game.
(had to rewrite this part a few times lol)
Scrolls should give their ability names prior to reading to help ease learning without learning things PC's don't want.
Weapon abilities and their exact ability stats should be included for each weapon on their info
Overall skills would benefit from color coding, to help any confusion

With relationships-- there should be more of a reward to being someone who focuses on skills, speaking bluntly. I get the story would pretty much block someone from getting a perfect end, but putting the brakes on mechanics slows down the enjoyment someone can feel from it.
My recommendation is a tutoring role-- something like how Nash offers the player, but NPC's can offer to be on the receptive end when you mastered the skills they're interested in-- and in turn, they'll be much more sociable/want to help you with something you want to learn, without stooping into submission on either party. Basically the "Co-op" option between you and one or two partners. I know it's lightly put in the game, but it's starting to sound way too much like the game punishes someone for trying out testing their builds, and jumping into too many mechanics at once. This helps low char/emp builds who would need that crutch to enjoy the characters to some extent.

As far as combat goes, the framework is great for starters-- I like your sense of variety with the different choices. Combat giving the player at least some form of numbers is great-- which feels a lot more understandable than socializing. The buffs/debuffs feel chunky enough to be more than viable for support buids-- the rough part would mostly boil down to how support roles are supposed to be anything but bottoms in social lives, compared to, say, a mage build with hypnosis. NPC's struggle with their roles in 2v2's, making things a bit wild when I can't tell what my ally is going to do.
I recommend instead of all 4 characters performing an action at once, it's two at a time-- one friendly, one enemy. This lets the player know what they can follow up with, should they decide they want to help focus on one target in particular.

Overall, it's a neat little game. Love it.

Last edited:

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
I'm still pretty early on in the game, but I want some advice as challenges just started and I've noticed combat is pretty tough on me right now. I'm trying to go for a brute force domination/bondage type character and I'm not really sure what stats to focus on the most to make it effective. Any general advice is also welcome.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
wibblywarble Agility and physique would be the most important ones, as most physical actions depend on agility for precision and physique for increasing the damage. Resilience also helps, but no action that the player can learn at the moment benefits from resilience the most. Remember that it's normal not to be as powerful as the other Candidates until some weeks have passed, given that they start with slightly higher stats (on normal difficulty), so it's recommended to be as opportunistic as possible at the start: wait for your targets to be low on energy and willpower, and avoid running too low on those bars if someone else may attack you.

CATCH PHRASE

Aug 21, 2017
1641525083917.png
With social interaction, it's a bit difficult to understand the differences between what takes place during conversations and how that relays to the end-of-day stats
For example, when having someone use BDSM gear, I noticed that Sumbission level is 5+4>(6)

(Edit)
I also wanted to ask, how do conversations carry over into the next day? I noticed if you seduce someone into bed-- or leave them alone long enough--their bars reset to zero, so I'm not sure if my actions are degrading over the day.
It might help to let players see the conversation values and lewd moment values separately, then after that, compare it to the total-- to let the PC see the whole thing
I'm not sure what paramaters I'm looking for to initiate certain relationships with characters, or how that math plays out.

Similarly to how some other parts works-- I'm not quite sure when owing/receiving favors or merits-- or how rivalry comes into play.
Mind giving some insight?

Last edited:

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
With social interaction, it's a bit difficult to understand the differences between what takes place during conversations and how that relays to the end-of-day stats
For example, when having someone use BDSM gear, I noticed that Sumbission level is 5+4>(6)
Taking another look at it, it's definitely not clear. I'll likely edit the UI so that it shows something like: 5>(6)+4. The first value (5) refers to the current relationship stat, while the second (6) refers to the value the relationship stat it's currently gravitating towards. Submission's current short term and long term values result in a submission value of 6, but the level only changes by -/+1 each day. The third value (+4) refers to the level modifiers that are provoked by special relationships and bondage.

I also wanted to ask, how do conversations carry over into the next day? I noticed if you seduce someone into bed-- or leave them alone long enough--their bars reset to zero, so I'm not sure if my actions are degrading over the day.
Each character has a base mood array, usually 0 for all kinds of mood. At the start of the day, all the moods of each character are set to their base moods. For example, you can't talk with Ate nor Claw at the start of the game because they have 50 bored, and 50 angry base moods, respectively. The player's base mood may be slightly altered in the personal room menu, depending your stats. Additionally, the moods of all characters passively degrade towards their base moods (iirc, there is both a base value and a percent-based value for each degrade tick). This means that getting extremely high moods (such as 100 sexual tension and submission) gets increasingly easier as you increase your social stats, so certain demands (such as asking for someone's voluntary submission towards you) are very hard to achieve early game.

It might help to let players see the conversation values and lewd moment values separately, then after that, compare it to the total-- to let the PC see the whole thing
I'm not sure what paramaters I'm looking for to initiate certain relationships with characters, or how that math plays out.
What do you mean by lewd moment values?

Similarly to how some other parts works-- I'm not quite sure when owing/receiving favors or merits-- or how rivalry comes into play.
Favors have limited functionality at the moment, but basically: when character A follows character B out of character B's request, character A is paying favor to character B each minute. Characters who refuse to follow characters they owe favor to are seen as untrutsworthy (and receive relationship damage), while having NPCs owe favor to you will make them more likely to agree to follow you.

Rivalry is meant to be a stat that incentivizes competition without provoking unending conflict. A NPC you have rivalry with may accept to have sex with you (as long as they don't get the submissive position), while a NPC with enmity may only want to have sex with you if it comes out of their own volition, and they get to teach a lesson in the meantime. A NPC with high friendship and romance (and no other stats) will be much less likely to initiate aggressions against you, while a NPC with high friendship, romance and rivalry may still attack you, usually for different goals than if they have sexual tension or enmity.

4.00 star(s) 25 Votes