DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
[like, Claw's very compelling, but seems too resistant to any kind of connection to engage with (and I'm not thrilled with having to push the issue to that extent, so I guess she's out of the picture), but now Nash (who was the other character I was very interested in) refuses to talk to me, even though I made the 'correct choice' in our initial interaction? I dunno, like I said, maybe not my speed]
During training period, it's hard to talk to anyone you don't get along exceptionally well with. Other than that, she might just be angry. Maybe someone talked to her earlier and insulted her. Maybe she ran out of social drive points from training or working and doesn't feel like it. You just have to give them one or two days sometimes.

Mar 25, 2019
fair enough
tried it a couple different ways so far, but every time I finally get a chance to engage w/ her, one of the others pops in and they end up together :cry:
maybe I'll restart one more time & try again when I'm less tired

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
DeepInteractivity Okay.... I have many gripes/complaints of about this 'game' of yours.... First.... The so called 'Easy Mode' sure as Hell doesn't feels like it at all.... Mater of fact, it feels like one of those Japanese/Korean games Hard Mode.... Also... The game in it self is way to gosh darn grainding hard as F.... When it shouldn't be at all to begins with.... Also I hates it when there is a Hell a-lot of things going against the player, it makes it unfair, unjust and outright actually bulling as well to... Also when you worked you darn ass off, of raising an NPCs Subbmission high and their love and romance high as well to, onto you the player, they don't want to be with you all of the darn time, nor doesn't wants to become your servant as well to all of the time as well.... And I do not like it at all, when the equipment have a stupoid 'cooldown' time, when in reality of the real world, that isn't a real thing! I would loves this game and talks of about this to many others as well, but I can't, to much is going against the player makes it feels 100% unfair, way to darn much... Also the one with the cock, should be the one in charged all of the time and leads others into their subbmission to the cock hates to say it, but it is what it is in the reality of the real world, but anyways... There is way to much fat in the game, not enough of meat, way to much repeating stuff as well, a Hell a-lot of that, shouldn't be in a game like this at all... Also the saving thing.... I would loves to save scum the ever living Hell out of this game, so I can manipulates the NRG into my favor, so I don't have to start all of the way back to the so called saved... And speaking of RNG.... That is what the other problem with this game, an major massive one I bet others thinking let alone feels of about it other than just me, and I bet they haven't came up to you of about it for personal reasons I will say... There are way to many of other things to list off without truing it into an HUGE MASSIVE WALL OF TEXTS OF TL;RD then it is already...

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
That comment was pretty funny, but I do wanna say I appreciate the game's difficulty settings more because they alter the realm of possibilities rather than because they make the game easier or harder, the later feels more like a byproduct rather than the main point. Way I see it, it goes like this:

Easy - With some effort you can actually manage all your stats to the point where it becomes possible to get the best result in all of the game's events which makes it really easy to be in good terms with everyone.

Normal - With some effort you can manage to pass around half the checks in the game's events, this should make it easy to be getting along well with 3-4 characters but you can't have the stats to please absolutely everyone.

Hard - With some effort you might manage a couple of your stats to not be total crap, but you will not be able to impress in pretty much all of the events, except ones that are entirely focused on your best stats. You can probably have 1 or 2 staunch allies but anything past that will be a challenge.

I personally like playing on "easy" more because I enjoy the experience of trying to get everything more than that of just scraping barely enough to "win". I do wanna say that it feels like the game's design is a bit split trying to please both styles of play, the story fits way more with the "hardmode" style of play, but some outcomes and events definitely feel like they wouldn't possible if you were playing on hard (i.e, I can't imagine trying to dom Claw as being anything but extremely difficult if you are playing on hard). Not that it is a bad thing, I feel the game does well in accounting for both styles of play, just sharing my thoughts on it.

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
DLSmaster Damn, guess I'll need to add an extra easy mode and permanent altered states where having a dick doubles your stats
If you're doing the "H-game Made for Chad Difficulty Enjoyers" It's better to have a toggle for Sexual Content in exchange for the difficulty so that more normal Difficulty enjoyers can still enjoy being fucked in the ass
Future Fragments does that

Also where is that "extra easy mode and permanent altered states where having a dick doubles your stats" that you stated you say you will put into the game? And I will treats that as an actual literal promise....

• Angry
Reactions: cr0sswise

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
If you're doing the "H-game Made for Chad Difficulty Enjoyers" It's better to have a toggle for Sexual Content in exchange for the difficulty so that more normal Difficulty enjoyers can still enjoy being fucked in the ass
Future Fragments does that

Also where is that "extra easy mode and permanent altered states where having a dick doubles your stats" that you stated you say you will put into the game? And I will treats that as an actual literal promise....
I can't tell if you're a troll or serious, but, no offense, if it's the latter than I am a bit sad now.

scapegoatwax

Oct 24, 2018
Hey, I enjoy what you have so far! Your systems all work together nicely and I had fun playing through it.

Biggest technical complaint is, I've made it to the end of the story content and now every combat is broken. Often, it won't even grab the correct characters and as soon as the first turn passes someone takes their entire lust value as damage and it goes to an unrelated end of combat. No idea what's causing something like that.

I would echo the (serious or not) complaints about difficulty. It wouldn't hurt for the easy mode to be easier. In a game like this, I am picking that setting to minimize the tedium and grinding and setbacks.

Regarding that, maybe I'm dense or just skipped over the explanations, it's not always clear how to get the results you're looking for. For example, I couldn't figure out a clear path to getting someone to agree to be my servant even if I had their flirtyness, arousal, and submission all at or above ~50. I don't know what the target numbers are and while really I do appreciate the complexity of the systems, I don't want to do algebra lmao.

Perhaps there could be a setting (or perhaps it is part of easy mode) that shows your odds of success with actions like that? Or if you want to abstract things, a "You don't think so-and-so will be receptive to this..."

In terms of polish, the main point of frustration/confusion I had was the fact that there was an Equipment option in the rest page and I had money, but I had no idea where to find equipment or what to use money on. Perhaps these things could be hidden until it's possible to utilize them? (Maybe they can be relevant with supporter cheats enabled, idk.)

It would be nice to be able to know where characters are (not just neighbors), though I'm not sure how hard that would be to incorporate into the map/interface. It would also be nice to have more ways to interact with characters who are following others (especially when they aren't servants).

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Biggest technical complaint is, I've made it to the end of the story content and now every combat is broken. Often, it won't even grab the correct characters and as soon as the first turn passes someone takes their entire lust value as damage and it goes to an unrelated end of combat. No idea what's causing something like that.
It is a known problem that sometimes scenes' links get bugged, but I've found it hard to find a way to consistently replicate all instances of this issue taking place. If this is happening all the time in your playthrough, your save would be very useful to debug the issue.

Regarding that, maybe I'm dense or just skipped over the explanations, it's not always clear how to get the results you're looking for. For example, I couldn't figure out a clear path to getting someone to agree to be my servant even if I had their flirtyness, arousal, and submission all at or above ~50. I don't know what the target numbers are and while really I do appreciate the complexity of the systems, I don't want to do algebra lmao.
Voluntary servitude should be extremely hard to achieve. If you could raise relationship stats up to a point where you could get every character to agree to become your servant upon request for the rest of the game, you wouldn't have much of a challenge left, so the numbers are tweaked so that you have to grind to get servants without enforcing servitude through combat. If you do really want to see it happen though, grind their base submission towards you, put bondage (especially collars and chastity items) and body paintings on them and raise their correct moods to the 80+ marks. This method could still require combat, but doesn't earn you as much infamy.

In terms of polish, the main point of frustration/confusion I had was the fact that there was an Equipment option in the rest page and I had money, but I had no idea where to find equipment or what to use money on. Perhaps these things could be hidden until it's possible to utilize them? (Maybe they can be relevant with supporter cheats enabled, idk.)
The problem with hiding the equipment menu before the story enables equipment is, indeed, that players using the Cheat Menu to get items early wouldn't be able to use them. But I could use more specific requirement to hide the option. Will give it some thought.

scapegoatwax

Oct 24, 2018
It is a known problem that sometimes scenes' links get bugged, but I've found it hard to find a way to consistently replicate all instances of this issue taking place. If this is happening all the time in your playthrough, your save would be very useful to debug the issue.
I swear it was happening literally 100% of the time last time I was playing the game, but right now it isn't. I was playing in a private browsing window, it might have something to do with how things get stored there and since I've closed and opened a new private session, things are currently in order?

If you still think it'd be helpful for debugging, I can PM you the save.

• Sad
Reactions: DeepInteractivity

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
I can't tell if you're a troll or serious, but, no offense, if it's the latter than I am a bit sad now.
The other thing with Future Fragments is that even their “Easy Mode”, where sexual interactions deal no damage(mind you that it allows self stunning to be a risk free method for I-Frames), is still really difficult but gives you infinite lives in exchange for the difficulty. Most H-Games tend to either be easy or slightly difficult for the casual gamer, not Sekiro difficulty or Dark Souls Difficulty

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Most H-Games tend to either be easy or slightly difficult for the casual gamer, not Sekiro difficulty or Dark Souls Difficulty
This is a more constructive statement, so I'm willing to take it in good faith.

H-Games that actually have difficulty tend to fall under one of these categories: A) A power fantasy where the goal is the player's sexual conquest, where difficulty is preferred to be low so that everyone gets at one a minimum level of gratification, or B) An "anti-power" fantasy where the goal is achieving the player's humilliation, so the odds must be stacked against the player to ensure that they lose a lot (this would be the case of most games for players with masochist kinks). Unholy Arts wants to appeal to both, as well as to those players who swing both ways, including those who only want the gratification of the first category if they play well enough.

You should choose your difficulty depending on which of these experiences you actually want. If easy is still too hard for you, it may be a problem of game balance, or it may also be a problem that you haven't put the minimum effort or weren't able to understand the game's mechanics. If it's the latter, there has been a lot of useful advice in this thread and the game's provisional guide that could be of use to you.

Reactions: Orphanus

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
you have same option listed twice.
Nope, herm refers to characters who have dick and pussy regardless of their gender, futa refers to female characters with both pussy and dick.

If you choose the first option, male characters that have gained a pussy will be transformed by NPCs to lose their dick, while this won't happen with the second option.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
The other thing with Future Fragments is that even their “Easy Mode”, where sexual interactions deal no damage(mind you that it allows self stunning to be a risk free method for I-Frames), is still really difficult but gives you infinite lives in exchange for the difficulty. Most H-Games tend to either be easy or slightly difficult for the casual gamer, not Sekiro difficulty or Dark Souls Difficulty
I am guessing here, but I assume you (just like me) have had quite a bit of trouble to really get into & behind the games mechanics. It's something I still struggle with in the later stages of the game and I wont say that I have gotten to progress the story/relationships the way I had hoped for. But I also noticed that a lot of that comes from me not paying attention to which stats I actually raised and thinking about what might come in handy to successfully pass events for characters I wanna get close to.

Then there's obviously the factor that some of them are way harder to get close to than the others. Reading through the thread can help a lot with that, though. Also there is a way to edit your savefile in case you get really frustrated by "failing" stuff or loosing duels.

After having a kinda rough start (I got a bit disappointed by some things happening which felt out of my control) I grew to like the game more and more by just giving it a try and accept the failures, it might be that I haven't gotten far enough yet (I started over and over again) but it doesn't seem as if there are many (if at all) bad ends to reach. Failing so far only meant that stuff progressed in a different way, which I like at times, cause it still creates a compelling and coherent narrative.

In the end I can not tell you if you should play the game or not, just let me say, as someone who struggles quite a bit with some aspects of the game himself and that at times wishes for some stat checks to be easier and some characters more interested in exclusivity with the player char, that this game has a lot to it narration wise & the developer clearly puts a lot of work and thought into the game.

I also take from the thread here that the Dev is very open to give advice and help to people who ask in a friendly and respectful way.

Goddesslucy

Jan 27, 2020
This game looks super promising! Love games with female MCs. Are there any male love interests? And do you think you'll ever have breeding content?

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Goddesslucy At some point of the game (towards the end of the first month), secondary protagonists are introduced, and some of them are male. Pregnancy content is only contemplated for the epilogue, as it could otherwise be problematic for the narration.

4.00 star(s) 25 Votes