Ayymao

May 1, 2021
I dunno if it's a bug or a feature, but the fact that a single person can ride me and fuck me with a dick at the same time ruins my vibe and kills my boner

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
How do i get myself attacked.
Raise your sexual tension, rivalry and enmity with the character you want to attack you, but not to much your friendship and romance. Once battles have been enabled, insulting other characters in conversation has a small chance to give them a reason to attack you, which allows them to do so at no infamy cost for the rest of the day and they will be more likely to do so. Do also keep in mind that being stronger than the other Candidates will scare them and make them choose someone else to victimize.

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
does it work properly? because i remember toggling it off but i see it happen all the time anyways

EDIT: i'm not 100% sure. maybe it was in previous versions and now it's ok. or maybe i forgot to modify the option in recent playthroughs

Last edited:

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Sneak peek on what Chili Cherry and I were working on last week:

animationsTests.gif

Not showing all sprites because the export process still has a few rough spots around the edges that we have to fix, but we're overcoming more and more obstacles by the day!

During the next week, I'll focus a lot of attention into defining features and goals for the updates between the first and the second adventures. I already have a long non-exhaustive list of things that the game needs and/or the audience has been demanding, but if you have any specific suggestions, now is a great time to persuade me to include them!

- Implement the first batch of animations.
- Inviting Candidates or Passion Temple guests to share a bedroom for the night.
- Coalitions against leading (very high merit) or infamous characters, making it harder for anyone to stay on top indisputed.
- Rework battle scene AI.
- Learn monster actions from Artume at the Passion Temple.
- Buy gifts for other characters.

- Characters getting orgasms at the same time during generic sex scenes has extra effects.
- Tweak the formula determining mindblowing orgasms.
- Kick action made usable by pinned characters against pinning characters.
- Characters who favor cooperation but have no allies prioritize getting allies.
- Consider rebalance of several actions, including aethereal chains.
- Update AI to A) make NPCs ask for the player to be lent for sex, when the player is a submissive to another character, B) make better use of transformations.
- Adjustments to conversation specific topics success formula.
- Challenges/Infamy/Merit rebalance.
- Consider drive changes from battle demands for rebalance.
- Conversation action "Do nothing" restores very small amounts of social drive.
- Tutors give priority to training their highest stats when they have pupils.
- Attacks by KOed characters aren't shown in descriptions.
- Show special relationships on character status screen.
- Required exp to level up a stat available as a tooltip in the character status screen.
- Fix follow/unfollow requests loops.

- Version 0.4 skip: A lot of data optimization will be made for this update, rendering saves from v0.3 unusable but improving data usage and reducing issues with Twine.

And naturally:

- More character-specific banter.
- More scene actions.
- More conversation actions.
- More items.
- More body paintings.
- More story events.
- More Varyonte shenanigans.
- More Unholy Arts!

PS.: I haven't forgotten about you, Nevart , I'll be going over your posts and taking some suggestions soon (y)

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Just in case (since you suggested leaving ideas etc.) it might have slipped your memory due to how much stuff has been done & changing over the last weeks/months: You said you were inclined to make it so that there is a way to establish relationships with the other candidates earlier and in steps. Might have overlooked it, but I think you didn't mention it on your list, so I hope it's okay for me to bring it up again. :)

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
I forgot to add something in the list above:
v0.4:
- Split full sex virginity into: full sex virginity/tribadism/penile-vaginal penetration virginities
- First kiss virginity

"Full sex" is a game tag that refers to continued actions that use genitals from at least two characters, so you would also lose one of the other two virginities with that one

Nevart Any time I'm referring to something I've added to my internal list, I'll abbreviate it as "NLG" (New list goal)

• We need more toggles! For... everything!
- Don't like certain (or all) bondage items? Toggle.
NLG: In-game mechanics bondage toggle: might be used to prevent characters to use and equip bondage through gameplay mechanics, but not through story.

Making it possible to recover some energy/willpower mid-fight (besides draining/channel Aether) also doesn't sound like a bad idea. - "Take a breather": This action will consume your turn and recover 5-10 energy/willpower. Et Voila.
The main methods to regain willpower and energy will remain "Energy draining kiss" and "Channel aether", however,

NLG: Rebalance sustainability actions: Actions that allow the user to recharge bars during scenes will have decreasing effectiveness.

We need more Save-Points. Especially for parts like the Gleaming Caverns/Twisted Festival.
WIP for the next update

Body-Paint Toggle
I'll maybe add it, but would anyone here would really be so annoyed for this mechanic? :unsure:

• An option to sell and stack items/equipment would be nice. So instead of:
BlindfoldBlindfoldit could be something like: Blindfold x2 (Sell / Sell all)
NLG: Buy multiple bondage items at once.

Having Master-Servant/Master-Pupil relationships overwrite/remove bondage items from your chosen Servant/Pupil would feel like a QoL. (Dryshtas' items being the exception.)
I might get dominants to be able to "overwrite" bondage put on their submissives by their submissives themselves, but not by third characters. If the dominants want to get rid of bondage set by other characters, they achieve it by themselves.

The point above would also extend to a freed Servant being able to remove their given bondage items, should they so choose. - Without me having to challenge/assault their former Master again.
NLG: Successful liberation challenges remove master's bondage

Val Toggle
Valtan shall keep haunting your dreams, teasing you, denying you, and feeding on your ahegao and ruined orgasm faces. Denied toggle.

Character specific Tease-, Taunt-, Sex- ... -Lines would help with the feel of the game, I feel. - Meaning not everyone will sound like Valtan.
Was already on my list ;)

Letting the player hide unwanted Combat/Sex-Actions, and be able to freely rearrange those left in an order of personal preference, also belongs in QoL territory.
This will be part of the v0.4 data improvements.

...Resuming from a point I was hinting at last time, the AI should be able to give "weight" to decisions and actions regarding their Virginity. - Meaning, they are able to give it to a good friend, a loved one or a fierce rival ("because they can"), but not to someone they barely know or utterly hate. - Especially later in the game.
I like this idea a lot. I will make the battle AI rework first tho, then consider how much work would it take to implement this in both the sex and battle scene AIs. Please remind me of this by then.

A bonus to the point above would be that you (the Dev) could write some pretty wholesome/brutal scenes/events in regards to the various relationships and virginities instead of leaving it all up to RNG gameplay. But I do understand that, as of now, that idea is not much more than just that, a thought.
Would you mind to expand on this? I'm not sure I'm grasping the idea with enough clarity.

Remember the point I made about the gameplay and story clashing with each other? As misguided as it may have been at the time, the Lizardkin battle took that point quite a bit further. You locked the Sex-Actions of Ruri and Nou, so why not lock the candidates and player too? The attacks of our enemies are drawing blood, we're supposed to be fighting for our lives... yet we can fuck them? Really?
This is unexplained in the game, but there is a lore explanation behind it.

I already pointed out earlier that sex in the Confined Valley is not just an activity for both pleasure and love, but also a tool to exhaust your opponent's aether during combat, which would come off as a cultural shock to strangers.

Beastkins are usually raised to learn to fight since they're young, but they obviously cannot learn to use sex for it at that stage, so they learn martial skills and, more rarely, also magic. It was already explained in the story that Beastkin usually go through a trial where they get to choose their own adult name, for which they use their training prior to adulthood. Therefore, young adult Beastkins usually have some fighting experience, but not one that involves sex. The Candidates use sex in combat from the very start not only because that's a skill they're expected to learn, but also because the stakes aren't that high. During the Lizardlin fights, Hope and Rock simply prefer not to risk it. Also, it wouldn't be cool that they randomly lost their virginities there.

As for why the Lizardlin do not use sex during combat, I'll leave it up to your speculation.

After leaving the Shapeshifter tribe you give us the option to speak to either Nash&Ate, Mir&Carine or Dryshta. Why not all of them? Why decide to only show us a fraction of your work? Just let us go through all of them before Artumes' arrival. Don't make us reload X amount of times, - not everyone will.
It isn't a segment of the story important enough for me to need all players to go through them, but it's a somewhat decent incentive for players to go through additional playthroughs. You also gain relationship points and experience during those segments, so allowing the player to go through all of them would be required for minmaxing, which could feel "grindy" in 2nd+ playthroughs.

And last, but not least: While the review written by @ara1111 may come off as a bit hurtful, it does mention some good points like a bigger map or a better understanding of stats and actions.
Do you mean the three star review? The worst part of that one isn't the tone, but some factually incorrect lines Chili Cherry suggested that she may want to do something with the UI a long time ago, but she's not brought it up again. I'm still not touching the map until she gets around to it though. Regarding understanding the mechanics better, perhaps I'll add a tips system at some point in the future.

Thanks again for taking your time to write all this!

Just in case (since you suggested leaving ideas etc.) it might have slipped your memory due to how much stuff has been done & changing over the last weeks/months: You said you were inclined to make it so that there is a way to establish relationships with the other candidates earlier and in steps. Might have overlooked it, but I think you didn't mention it on your list, so I hope it's okay for me to bring it up again. :)
Could you please link me to it?

Reactions: Nevart

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Not sure how to properly link stuff but it's back at page 25, the first post on that page is from you & contains the solution you thought about. :)

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Oh, gotcha! I forgot to include it, but the following versions should also include at least one new special relationship.
I am a bit dumb, it's sunday, by that you mean 1 of the updates coming in the foreseeable future will include the option to start cement a relationship with the candidate a player chooses?

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
I am a bit dumb, it's sunday, by that you mean 1 of the updates coming in the foreseeable future will include the option to start cement a relationship with the candidate a player chooses?
I will most likely go for a "companionship+" type relationship that incentivizes sex between both participants and disincentivizes sex with other characters.

Reactions: Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I will most likely go for a "companionship+" type relationship that incentivizes sex between both participants and disincentivizes sex with other characters.
Ahh, I see, that makes total sense, and that is a step-stone towards potentially more later down the line? (By which I mean it doesn't lock you out of turning into something more romantic the further the game progresses).

Also, though a bit unrelated, I wondered how you feel about giving players 1 or 2 opportunities to fuel Claws lust for the player before she becomes part of the people the player can interact with normally. (Metaphorically speaking something like provocatively wiggling in front of her or, conciously or subconsciously, cementing her idea that the player needs someone strong to take control of them)
I am not able to tell if her interest in the player character's body is something actually related to the interaction with her at the start or if that's something she feels towards all candidates. Of course either would feel in tune with her character, so it's just my curiosity speaking. :D

4.00 star(s) 25 Votes