DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Save attached.

Probably should note that I'm running this on a win32 tablet/laptop (pretty barebones) on Firefox / Windows 10

I don't know if this is relevant, but I visited Mesquelles in the Morph Hut before the Twisted Festival, but didn't end up going through with any transformations (just preferred what I already was).
Thanks. There were two issues: the first one is that there wasn't any code assigning a scene AI to Mesquelles in that scene, which usually didn't have any significance, because for most players she would just keep her scene AI from the Morth Hut during that story event. The second is that I used the wrong variable to determine whether Mesquelles should appear or not, because if the player wasn't ever transformed, she wasn't supposed to be relevant anymore. Just FYI: the transformations applied during the Morph Hut only last until the end of the scene, while later transformations may be customized to be temporary or as permanent as possible.

I've already uploaded to itch.io a version 0.3.14b Free that fixes the first issue (the second will be fixed in v0.3.16), and I will upload fixes for supporter versions 0.3.14 and 0.3.15 on Patreon next.

Reactions: ffive

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Finally had time to check the update, it was really cool, the entire trial intermixed with the festival was super trippy.

I'm glad the option to "beg the other candidates to support Valtan" exists, feels like a reliable failsafe in the event of the player not having enough support for reasons that were ultimately out of their control (e.g other candidates having low stats or low tribe respect for their speech, how their individual relationships with Valtan developed, etc), curious if there will be any imediate repercussions for being low on merit or owing favor after the first adventure though, since otherwise merit and favor kind of feel like things the player can just "grind" so not much of a real cost for something that is essentially a guaranteed way of getting ending A.

All in all really happy with how the first adventure went, looking forward to how the game continues, will be interesting to see how the new potential features acquired during the gleaming caverns will affect the gameloop in the passion temple.

Reactions: DeepInteractivity

tardford

Feb 26, 2019
Ok so in sexual prefs. you have domination and submission. Submission means PC prefers being the sub yeah?

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
tardford Yep

I've read that it is supposedly possible to beat all fake-fighters in the battle that follows and get a special scene out of it, but I have not been able to do it even after multiple attempts. - And yes, I did look for the fakes. On my team only Ate is real, which... should already tell you more than enough. - Still, no luck.
I've gotten to the special scene multiple times, and at a first glance the code that regulates the conditions to get it are correct.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I will be looking into the bug reports though.

*Toggles requests*
I think that many of these would remove a lot of depth from many systems of the game, but I understand where this is coming from, and it might legitimately help some people enjoy the game more. Please remind me about it in a couple of weeks.

Speaking of fights and assaults, how about a new "fight-option" altogether? Keeping the point about stripping normal battles of "Sex-Actions" in mind, how about being able to challenge someone to a "Sex-Battle" (should your relationship allow for it) with only those actions instead?
Do you mean sex battles where only sex options are allowed?

Making it possible to recover some energy/willpower mid-fight (besides draining/channel Aether) also doesn't sound like a bad idea. - "Take a breather": This action will consume your turn and recover 5-10 energy/willpower. Et Voila.
This is difficult to balance, as it opens the possibility to enter battle just to recharge bars, further minmaxing training options. Recharging bars in general is very powerful when a lot of the difficulty of the game is resource management, even moreso when you can do it without extra loss of time.

We need more Save-Points. Especially for parts like the Gleaming Caverns/Twisted Festival.
Not completely against this. However, I'm wary of some players not keeping several separate savefiles and saving at a point where they're locked into an option they dislike. Not like this wouldn't already be a problem for them though.

- After the first half of the day at the temple - give us the option to save. Either before or after you choose your jobs.
Not a good idea. At this moment of the day, a lot of AI data is tied to the character objects, which means that saving there would make the files heavier, which deepens into a severe issue with Twine. Resetting the AIs just to allow to save would make the NPCs completely change their strategies for the day, which isn't desired either.

I have to say, this game has a lot of potential indeed, and I hope to see it live up to it. Good luck, Dev.
Thanks!

Reactions: Nevart

Richius

Jun 15, 2021
Exactly. Sorry for being a bit vague/unclear in my last post, I was pretty tired.

If you'll allow me to go into a bit more detail regarding that idea...

In simple terms: I would like to keep the "seriousness" of a Battle, and the "passion" of Sex separated.
While I do get what the intent behind it was, it is kind of jarring to see your opponent go from kissing you softly in one turn to hurting you severely in the next. (Or the reverse.)
Just wanted to chime in another opinion. I do like that you have the option to either use force or seduction in a fight. Not just the idea, but also game-wise: it gives you different possibilities, different strategies to use. Although I do get where you're coming from, one character kissing while the other is kicking them is a bit strange, but maybe imagine it as one character yelling "get off me" and then kicking her away ;)

By the way, great game, keep it up!

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
The game is good and there's a lot of improvements to do but is expected so i really don't mind... but there is something that hurts me a lot and I apologize in advance if someone already said it...
When you have sex with 2 futa girls for example, when one girl is on top face to face of the other the other girl can't join with holding behind on the active part and when 2 futas have sex they can penetrate each other with their dicks.
DeepInteractivity if you've already solved this I'm sorry, this is related for the v0.3.14b.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The game is good and there's a lot of improvements to do but is expected so i really don't mind... but there is something that hurts me a lot and I apologize in advance if someone already said it...
When you have sex with 2 futa girls for example, when one girl is on top face to face of the other the other girl can't join with holding behind on the active part and when 2 futas have sex they can penetrate each other with their dicks.
DeepInteractivity if you've already solved this I'm sorry, this is related for the v0.3.14b.
There is a switch in game settings which prevents this sort of implausible penetrations (at least between two characters, not sure about group sex) It's called Multiple full sex continued actions, turn it off.

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
There is a switch in game settings which prevents this sort of implausible penetrations (at least between two characters, not sure about group sex) It's called Multiple full sex continued actions, turn it off.
I read the settings and if i disable that feature group sex are disabled aswell. To be precise you can have your orgy but you can't penetrate another girl if she's fucking another girl for example. I hope the dev can fix this feature

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
In simple terms: I would like to keep the "seriousness" of a Battle, and the "passion" of Sex separated.
While I do get what the intent behind it was, it is kind of jarring to see your opponent go from kissing you softly in one turn to hurting you severely in the next. (Or the reverse.)

I really do think that the story you/the game is trying to tell would have more to gain from it were they separated and given the social weight that they deserve/need.

The only two things one would have to change would be the name of the Lust-Bar and the KO sentence at the end of a battle.
The Bar, simple enough, could just be HP/Lust, instead of just Lust, and still be used for both battle-variants.
The KO sentences/descriptions would have to be newly added for the pure battle variant, (Non-Sex-Actions) meaning instead of reaching an orgasm, they would be unable to carry on fighting, - or something like that.

And just to really get my point across...
While it is probably left a bit ambiguous on purpose, are the Claw VS Nash/T.F. Fake fights actually meant to have sexual tones?
I don't think they do... right?
They are meant to be taken as presented, of violent nature, yet the gameplay clashes with what is shown before and after.
The initial design of the game included both battle scenes (without sex actions) and sex battle scenes (closely resembling what we have now), but I ended up merging them because their overlap would present issues. There are already two "battle" systems in the game, which for the most part share a lot of mechanics but require complete different lists of actions, which requires extra work for each of them to feel like they have enough variety of options, and they all have to be balanced for the same base stats. Additionally, having both pure battles and sex battles in the games means that it is in the interest of each character to only fight the types of battles they have an advantage in, leading to a constant game of interchanging cat and mouse, with characters being at the same time too scared and too confident regarding their prospects to challenge the others.

Ultimately, the current system works narratively due to how nature and magic work in the Valley. It will be expanded in the distant future, but you already have the comments and thoughts of someone who, due to not having been born in the Valley, suffers a culture shock when he finds out how fighting works:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But doesn't the existence of "Channel Aethar" completely disregard that/make that possible already?
Getting channel aether makes you lose an extra action. It may require to be toned down, but flaunt, bold jab and staff swipe are situationally strong.

Please don't take this the wrong way.

This is a game meant for adults.
It's also not just any game, - it's a text-based game.
Do I have to go on?
You're severely understimating the need of many adults to be handheld. But still, I'm already conceding that the game would benefit from having a few more checkpoints here and there.

...Everyone has "Ates' Pet" on their forehead.
Wonderful.

I read the settings and if i disable that feature group sex are disabled aswell. To be precise you can have your orgy but you can't penetrate another girl if she's fucking another girl for example. I hope the dev can fix this feature
To be clear: does this mean that you can't use actions such as "Extra mount from behind"?

Reactions: Nevart

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
To be clear: does this mean that you can't use actions such as "Extra mount from behind"?
Nope, I have unlocked the positions in the library at the beginning but if I need to learn exactly "Extra mount from behind" then I don't have it. If I need only "Mount from behind" and it will become "Extra mount from behind" when the situation occurs this won't happen to me (I have the latest version now btw).
Another odd thing is when I'm already in a position of dominance, sometimes commands like penetrate pussy or penetrate ass will vanish and I can't use them anymore (the other girl is still in the submissive position). Probably is related on the lead points(?) but I don't know.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Nope, I have unlocked the positions in the library at the beginning but if I need to learn exactly "Extra mount from behind" then I don't have it. If I need only "Mount from behind" and it will become "Extra mount from behind" when the situation occurs this won't happen to me (I have the latest version now btw).
Another odd thing is when I'm already in a position of dominance, sometimes commands like penetrate pussy or penetrate ass will vanish and I can't use them anymore (the other girl is still in the submissive position). Probably is related on the lead points(?) but I don't know.
You need to have learnt "Extra mount from behind" through the library scrolls to be able to have multiple characters sharing a position, unless it's pre-scripted in specific scenes.

Also, you can only start continued actions such as penetrate pussy and penetrate ass if you do have the lead. If the other character reaches 100 lead points and takes the lead, you have to wait until you have the lead again to use these actions.

Reactions: xRoguex

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
You need to have learnt "Extra mount from behind" through the library scrolls to be able to have multiple characters sharing a position, unless it's pre-scripted in specific scenes.

Also, you can only start continued actions such as penetrate pussy and penetrate ass if you do have the lead. If the other character reaches 100 lead points and takes the lead, you have to wait until you have the lead again to use these actions.
Mmm ok but the other character needs to take the lead to disable your active actions. Instead when the other character 100 lead but still doesn't take the lead you have to do your actions I suppose, but if it's not like this no problem.
I take the opportunity to ask you a question. Are you planning on fixing the multiple characters sharing position and adding new positions?
Thanks for the fast reply and good job so far.
I like only 2 HTML games and this is one of them :cool:

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
sometimes the other character takes the lead (you can always see who has the "leading" label) but doesn't cancel the action you were doing

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
sometimes the other character takes the lead (you can always see who has the "leading" label) but doesn't cancel the action you were doing
I'll try to explain myself better. If you select to mount on face to face or another mounting and, after that, instead of penetrating the chara you decide to just stoke her breasts, but the next turn the "leading" is another girl, you can't penetrate her.
You can still be on top of her because for whatever reason she don't want to delete your mount but you can't penetrate her anymore for this reason.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
I take the opportunity to ask you a question. Are you planning on fixing the multiple characters sharing position and adding new positions?
temp.png

Just checking that it's working properly. "mfsca" on the debug panel refers to the "Multiple full sex continued actions" option, which is disabled, yet you can see that Maaterasu initiated a continued action on Padmiri, which was using a continued action on my character.

This is working as intended. Otherwise, it wouldn't be possible for several characters to be able to be the initiator of different continued actions simultaneously (f.e: Valtan kisses Nash while Padmiri mounts Claw).

Reactions: xRoguex

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
This is working as intended. Otherwise, it wouldn't be possible for several characters to be able to be the initiator of different continued actions simultaneously (f.e: Valtan kisses Nash while Padmiri mounts Claw).
yes, i was just replying to the other poster. as you stated earlier, you need to be leading to iniziate a CA

Reactions: DeepInteractivity

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
View attachment 2171637

Just checking that it's working properly. "mfsca" on the debug panel refers to the "Multiple full sex continued actions" option, which is disabled, yet you can see that Maaterasu initiated a continued action on Padmiri, which was using a continued action on my character.
Aaaaaah ok I uderstand. So if I disable the "Multiple full sex continued actions" this won't prevent me to join another mounting, so with the "extra mount" you can join without problem.
I thought with this option off I couldn't. Thanks a lot.
The question about new positions is still up, like extra mount face to face when a certain chara is mounted from behind and you want to join in front of her or others kind of stuffs.

Erar

Jun 23, 2017
I've tried to do the fight with the fake candidate a few times and I still can't figure out how to differentiate between the real and fake ones. You guys have any tips?

Edit: Nevermind I managed to brute force it

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 25 Votes