sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
in every playthrough i end up ignoring ate because interactions with her become available later and her events are mostly non-sexual
it's like the game is dissuading me from interacting with her by presenting her like a secondary character

is this a plot-dictated choice?

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
in every playthrough i end up ignoring ate because interactions with her become available later and her events are mostly non-sexual
it's like the game is dissuading me from interacting with her by presenting her like a secondary character

I can assure you she actually has a lot going for her, it just starts a bit later since she is very reserved at the start. In my personal opinion once she becomes available for interaction (and by then investing the time to get close to her) there's a clear impact on her scenes depending on previous interactions. Especially when going straight for her during the interaction that "unlocks" her she always showed a lot of interest in the player character initially, so it was easy to just play into that and get close to her relatively quickly.

From how I understand it the reason why it needs clear encouragement from the player character's part is her inability to read between the lines properly, so at first there's no room for subtlety.

it's just that sexual interactions with her aren't initiated through her currently implemented scenes (unless there has been something new rather recently) but via the standard interactions.

If I am not mistaken her path is meant to be a bit of a slower burner, although, again, I also had 2 "runs" where it actually went surprisingly quickly (compared to even candidates like Padmiri & Nash), but that is a bit dependent on the randomness as well, cause not always will she try to spent every single day with your character.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I mean it isn't sex-centered, but Ate's character showed the fuck up for the Gleaming Caverns finale. Don't know if there will be many story repercussions from her role there going forward, but my respect for her grew immensely.

Also I think part of Ate's slow burn is that, more than with other characters, the player has a greater role in "molding" her personality by teaching her about social cues and how to interact with other people and how to interpret things, I think she will have a greater variation than other characters into how much she can change towards the later parts of the game.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I mean it isn't sex-centered, but Ate's character showed the fuck up for the Gleaming Caverns finale. Don't know if there will be many story repercussions from her role there going forward, but my respect for her grew immensely.

Also I think part of Ate's slow burn is that, more than with other characters, the player has a greater role in "molding" her personality by teaching her about social cues and how to interact with other people and how to interpret things, I think she will have a greater variation than other characters into how much she can change towards the later parts of the game.
Good point & I feel like you are probably right about the last part.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Ahh, I see, that makes total sense, and that is a step-stone towards potentially more later down the line? (By which I mean it doesn't lock you out of turning into something more romantic the further the game progresses).
Not really a step carved into stone, as these special relationships can still and will be broken, but any potential "exclusive love"-type relationship would follow the same system of being a higher tier (of sorts) of a companions relationship.

Also, though a bit unrelated, I wondered how you feel about giving players 1 or 2 opportunities to fuel Claws lust for the player before she becomes part of the people the player can interact with normally. (Metaphorically speaking something like provocatively wiggling in front of her or, conciously or subconsciously, cementing her idea that the player needs someone strong to take control of them)
I don't really see it. The early game is already very packed with story events, and the day where combats are unlocked is already a little bit too late for my taste. I would need an extremely heavy reason to push yet another day forwards and I don't have it.

Ate starting as a character that's harder to reach out to is intended and part of her background (similarly to Claw, each with their own particularities). She will eventually cater to different, distinct fetishes than the other characters, and I hope she will eventually have her own share of fans as well. Please be patient with her.

If I am not mistaken her path is meant to be a bit of a slower burner

Reactions: Nevart and Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Not really a step carved into stone, as these special relationships can still and will be broken, but any potential "exclusive love"-type relationship would follow the same system of being a higher tier (of sorts) of a companions relationship.
I see, great, while not being the exact thing I had in mind it results in the exact thing I was hoping for, so I am happy to know that is going to be a thing sometime "soon". Awesome. :)

I don't really see it. The early game is already very packed with story events, and the day where combats are unlocked is already a little bit too late for my taste. I would need an extremely heavy reason to push yet another day forwards and I don't have it.
That's a good point, not a great idea on my end. I was thinking more about an expansion of options during already existing interactions with her, but even that is probably just not necessary and also would be extra work on your end, for a likely rather fringe want. That said maybe I am also missing something, is there a way to get Claw to aggressively pursue the player character?

She will eventually cater to different, distinct fetishes than the other characters, and I hope she will eventually have her own share of fans as well. Please be patient with her.
For me she's the most intriguing candidate, although it's a close call between all of them and I say that despite not having tried my luck with Claw yet, I just find her quite interesting from the scenes she's a part of. Well, or ended up feeling that way once she turned out to not be a jerk just for the sake of it. ^^

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
That said maybe I am also missing something, is there a way to get Claw to aggressively pursue the player character?
Given her high starting domination and ambition drives: raise your rivalry and sexual tension with her. Flirt with her, fight her, whenever possible demand sex from her. Once her sexual tension and pleasure drives are high enough, she will be far more likely to pursue you. If you want her to pursue you not so "aggressively", raise romance rather than rivalry and seek to raise her love and pleasure drives, though that will be slower.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Given her high starting domination and ambition drives: raise your rivalry and sexual tension with her. Flirt with her, fight her, whenever possible demand sex from her. Once her sexual tension and pleasure drives are high enough, she will be far more likely to pursue you. If you want her to pursue you not so "aggressively", raise romance rather than rivalry and seek to raise her love and pleasure drives, though that will be slower.
Thank you, I was indeed more wondering about the latter, since I strongly prefer not being mean to the other candidates. I usually struggle a lot to purposely increase any of the other candidates drives (while sticking to acting kind towards them whenever possible), though, so I'm not sure if I'm able to pull it off. Maybe I'll have to bank on getting a little lucky with the random factors.

If you don't mind giving me another tip I wonder how I could fuel Ate's domination drive while still being supportive of her, I know that there's an instance during the first magic lesson by not helping her, but that is also 1 of the opportunities to start of on a friendly note with her by getting back a little at Valtan, and those opportunities seem kinda precious/important to me.

I fully understand if those things just clash there btw, it's just that ending up in a constellation where a candidate is dominant towards the player character, while still having high romance and friendship, has been 1 of the more elusive outcomes for me & usually sadly only happened by "accident". :ROFLMAO:

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
Ate starting as a character that's harder to reach out to is intended and part of her background (similarly to Claw, each with their own particularities). She will eventually cater to different, distinct fetishes than the other characters, and I hope she will eventually have her own share of fans as well. Please be patient with her.
a more Dominant Ate is one of my fav characters, although I have difficulty making her that way

is there somewhere I can read how to increase someones stats like domination/ambition/tention and all that I always seem to forget

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
oh, i'm patient and i'm happy to know that she'll eventually get spicier

my current problem is that every time i try to go for her, this happens :D

72avdg.jpg

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
If you don't mind giving me another tip I wonder how I could fuel Ate's domination drive while still being supportive of her
If memory doesn't fail me, I'm pretty sure that offering to have submissive sex with her (and she enjoying it) should raise her domination and pleasure drives.

is there somewhere I can read how to increase someones stats like domination/ambition/tention and all that I always seem to forget
Not in-game. If you're feeling daring, though, open the game on Notepad/Notepad++ and search for "dAmbition", "dDomination" and "sexualTension".

Reactions: Orphanus

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
She better. I mean, nooo, gods, the agony...!
:sneaky:

I meant completely scripted/written out scenes akin to those at the start of a day, for example.
A "mixed" scene (with some gameplay), like the prologue with Varyonte, would also be a viable choice.
Don't like the idea. If you add such scenes for one character, the other characters losing their virginity should also have such a scene or else it would just feel cheap. Also, there could be a lot of contextual variables that take place in emergent gameplay that would be missed out in pre-scripted scenes, unless I took a lot of work to go through many different scenarios, which I think would be better invested in developing the story, even filler side stories.

But given that sex isn't the only available option, it's suddenly a lot harder to justify using it over violence.
(...)
If I can exhaust my opponents' Aether through other means than sex, then I'm gonna do just that.
There is no logical reason to have sex with a stranger/enemy if I have other options available.
I mean, this is the indisputably correct moral choice if you look at it through real life eyes. It's just that the game's setting is made in such a way that your concerns would be mostly met with raised eyebrows in the Confined Valley.

The same could be said for the other candidates, but I'm nitpicking.
Shouldn't they have already lost them before getting there? ô_o

Still, if you're playing with disabled futanari, you can also disable lewd male characters and they won't get the chance to lose them.

Anyone doing minmaxing already does so in his first playthrough. Meaning they, as I remarked before, did reload and read through these story segments X amount of times already. If stat gains worry you, lower them a bit.
For someone who does absolutely wants to minmax, if it was possible to go through all three paths in the same playthrough, they would have to go through each and every single one of them every time they play the game, which is just wasting their time. As it's made right now, they only have to go through one of them.

But I'll go back to the root of your argument,

After leaving the Shapeshifter tribe you give us the option to speak to either Nash&Ate, Mir&Carine or Dryshta. Why not all of them? Why decide to only show us a fraction of your work? Just let us go through all of them before Artumes' arrival. Don't make us reload X amount of times, - not everyone will.
By this logic (and sorry for the gigantic strawman), I could make the player go through all three endings of the Gleaming Caverns in succession. Sure, it wouldn't make narrative sense, but otherwise I'm only showing a fraction of not just my (imo) better work (and Chili Cherry's. If you've only seen one of them, check her other Valtan illustration), but also the culmination of the most important character arc so far.

And driving the strawman back to a less contentious terrain: not all content, or all kinds of content, should be smashed together just because they're been created. Those conversations with Drishtya and the other Candidates reveal small shards of them, which help to get a more complete picture of everyone's perspectives, but that segment of the game is one where a lot of players will probably be tired and mostly want to just go back home. If all those conversations were put together in succession, they'd become an exposition dump, and just being offered the possibility of going through exposition dumps will make a lot of players who are tired but do not want to feel like they're missing out even more tired (not he most enthusiastic ones, but those will go through one of them and decide they want to check out the rest too, as the conversations are distributed right now).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Come to think of it, correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't actually a way to get rid of them yet (through a challenge or otherwise), is there?
Of course there is. Just bathe.

Reactions: Nevart

Ayymao

May 1, 2021
Looks like I have to rally the troops against Claw supremacists.

I can accept that sex is a recognized and viable style of battle.
But given that sex isn't the only available option, it's suddenly a lot harder to justify using it over violence.
It's quite easy for me. Valtan challenged me once, I used Freeze Feet to lower her Control and went for D2P Pounce only to realize that my character gained more Lust from sex, despite being the dominant one. So now, most of the fights I'm just spamming Embers, that's life of high INT character, I guess.

A-Skye22

Aug 24, 2020
Love this game! But what contributes to mindblowing orgasms? Like exact mechanics, if anyone knows, not just layman's explanation.

Reactions: Orphanus

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Love this game! But what contributes to mindblowing orgasms? Like exact mechanics, if anyone knows, not just layman's explanation.
Right now, they have to go past an overflow lust threshold, which gets lower by each orgasm they have already had in the scene (I think you can get a guaranteed mb orgasm if you get a character to their 4th orgasm), but the requirement will likely get reworked soon.

Pyrot

Feb 11, 2019
Went to catch up on what was new with this game after not playing for awhile and started wondering something. So throughout the game, it will be possible for the player (and I assume the other candidates) to be transformed completely physically into being male. And I know that at least with the supporter cheat menu, you can set their pronouns to male.
And it doesn't sound like this will prevent you at all from "winning the game" and becoming High Priestess.
So why does the player candidate (and I guess the other ones too) even have to be female to begin with? I don't really see why a society where people can have their physical bodies transformed by magic would care about gender roles for things, or if they do care why they only care what someone presumably started as and not what they currently are.
I know most of the people who enjoy this game prefer the female characters, so I can understand male stuff not being a priority. I just don't get why is sounds like it's going to be locked behind transformation stuff later in the game rather than just being part of the initial settings like setting which characters become futa in the opening.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
So why does the player candidate (and I guess the other ones too) even have to be female to begin with?
The player becoming male for long periods of time is acceptable in gameplay but not canon. There are setting-mandated reasons -all Candidates being female is required for the setting I wanted to build, I still allow the possibility of (mostly) overcoming this through the Cheat Menu, although it should be clear that the story and the narrative won't respect this too much-, and narrative reasons, the most surface level of which would be that it is dogma for the Temple that the highest representative of the Goddess must be a woman.

dougs

Jan 21, 2019
It's a little odd how conversation moods work. If two characters are intimate and a third suddenly joins the conversation, they'll start making out with the new arrival.

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

ShadeDragon

Jul 19, 2017
Well, think of it this way, there's two girls getting hot and heavy over in the corner, and you are their friend/lover as well and walk over. They would then assume that you want in on the action.

4.00 star(s) 25 Votes