DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Hi, is there plan to make generic sex scenes more context aware?

I follow the game a long time and what worries me more than chaos in gameplay is that all npc (and mc) have the same 5-6 generic phrases during scenes and during main loop interactions in general. For relationship oriented game it is kinda major drawback I think. There is no much motivation to get them if they all are more or less the same. Would be perfect if game acknowledged who you are interacting with and what is you relationship with this person (dom/sub/lover/rival ect.) and who this person is, not only in behind the scenes numbers, but also in dialogues.

There are actually a few examples of this during the first adventure and in a couple events. But most of them still feel like placeholders.
Sure, the dialogues system would work best with tons of dialogue options, it just hasn't had much priority so far because of the wide variety of aspects that can be improved and are waiting on the to-do list. If you have more specific suggestions for generic dialogues, they'd be welcomed.

chmo45645

Oct 10, 2022
If you have more specific suggestions for generic dialogues, they'd be welcomed
You mean or specific lines or in general? I would propose few things from what I think is most important.

1) Adding character specific lines into sex scenes themselves instead of generic at least for 5 main characters would already improve them a lot. It doesn't require any changes into gameplay, just a check who you have sex with, before picking a line. Additionally would be better to take into account your relationship status with them and context of the scene (consensual or not, who is top, ect.) and throw different lines based on that.
2) Challenges and other offers by npc can be unique based on their current goals rather than relationship with mc, comments about outcome as well.
3) Having micro-events during the day would be nice. As comments about your standing, bondage, bodywriting or just as simple as greeting or even neutral random stuff like a running squirrel or weather change would animate the temple a little bit.
4) Some locations could have unique lines like inventation into the woods for sex in the forest location for example, or swim into the river.
5) Maybe harder to implement, but some character may have unique moves based on their anatomy.

Reactions: Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
You mean or specific lines or in general? I would propose few things from what I think is most important.

1) Adding character specific lines into sex scenes themselves instead of generic at least for 5 main characters would already improve them a lot. It doesn't require any changes into gameplay, just a check who you have sex with, before picking a line. Additionally would be better to take into account your relationship status with them and context of the scene (consensual or not, who is top, ect.) and throw different lines based on that.
2) Challenges and other offers by npc can be unique based on their current goals rather than relationship with mc, comments about outcome as well.
3) Having micro-events during the day would be nice. As comments about your standing, bondage, bodywriting or just as simple as greeting or even neutral random stuff like a running squirrel or weather change would animate the temple a little bit.
4) Some locations could have unique lines like inventation into the woods for sex in the forest location for example, or swim into the river.
5) Maybe harder to implement, but some character may have unique moves based on their anatomy.
1) That exists at a baseline, each character has unique nicknames used in sex scenes & they use different lines based on your relationship and relationship dynamics. But I agree it would be nice to have even more personalized stuff that reflects a bit more on their individual personalities.

2) Would certainly add to the immersion, personally I'd say though that if anything it should take both aspects into account, since a strong, positive relationship would most likely result in a different approach to the challenge, but that also makes me feel as if it would require quite a lot of work to do it well?

3) Absolutely!

4) Would be pretty cool as well

5) that actually already is a thing kinda, both Mir and Val have moves unique to them and that are based on their respective race. Not sure if anything else really would make much sense, since Nash is a regular human like the MC, I can't 100% recall if Claw does higher damage with physical attacks and can inflict bleed (otherwise that might be a thing that would make sense?), and Ate's thing is magic.

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

skrowl

Jul 15, 2017
Orphanus and Breakdown gave you pretty ample responses, but there's also another utility to depleting a character's willpower: when some battle actions attack a secondary bar (energy, willpower, social drive) that reaches 0, the rest of that secondary bar damage overflows into lust. This means that hypnotic glance can become pretty devastating if your opponent is close to having their willpower depleted.

There will be other hypnosis, draining and bondage actions with different utilities, but they will come later in the game.
Is there a way to tell which abilities this affects? I wasn't aware of this so I basically abandoned my magic user play through because it felt so weak (on normal difficulty at day 15 I wasn't able to beat anyone in duels). I don't know how to do social damage in combat yet, but I've had opponents near 0 will several times.

DeepInteractivity said:
If you have more specific suggestions for generic dialogues, they'd be welcomed.
If you release some basic mod tools or a guide on how to mod, we could all take a look!

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
If you release some basic mod tools or a guide on how to mod, we could all take a look!
Take a look at the game's repo on GitHub: It gets updated with the code of every free release, usually a few days after each new release

Is there a way to tell which abilities this affects? I wasn't aware of this so I basically abandoned my magic user play through because it felt so weak (on normal difficulty at day 15 I wasn't able to beat anyone in duels). I don't know how to do social damage in combat yet, but I've had opponents near 0 will several times.
The most reliable method would be to take a look at the code of battle scene actions and check which ones have this fragment code in any line: "overflowMsg = applyBarDamage(", which at a first glance seem to be all actions that need it, such as freeze feet, lightning darts, hypnotic glance, etc. If you get an opponent to 0 willpower, keep dealing willpower damage, for instance, using hypnotic glance, and it will overflow into lust damage.

UnknownStalker

Apr 17, 2019
Hey! If Adventure to the Beastkin tribe is on the plan, it would be interesting to have an option in the tribe, to get your own servant, for dominant players, or become servant yourself for the submissive players, based on the choices and events in the tribe. And those characters which are related to dominant/submissive routes (servants, masters, mistresses, etc.) can be added as guests in the temple, same as secondary characters like Hope and Rock.

Also, by reading scrolls at the temple, it is written that Beastkin take harem members, so something like that would be fun as well.

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

Oyoko

Jul 28, 2020
Hello guys and guys !
I have a question here !
Does the hard difficulty change the chance of landing an action during battle ? Because often, with a good probability of success I roll some heavy shit values many times in a row (like between 0 and 20, and two times, I have rolled negatives ones). So yeah, this is the result of the hard difficulty or something else ?

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Hello guys and guys !
I have a question here !
Does the hard difficulty change the chance of landing an action during battle ? Because often, with a good probability of success I roll some heavy shit values many times in a row (like between 0 and 20, and two times, I have rolled negatives ones). So yeah, this is the result of the hard difficulty or something else ?
A harder difficulty slightly lowers the player character's stats, which means higher difficulty to land some attacks. However, it's a difference small enough that you shouldn't be getting such a low hit rate on the actions you should be using. "Kiss lips", "Stroke pussy", and so on are very unlikely to hit unless you and the opponent are sharing a position, while "Kick" and "Freeze feet" have a better hit rate at the start of the battle and reduce control. Characters with lower control are more likely to be hit and less likely to land their attacks, and characters with 0 control can be pounced on, which makes contact actions automatically succeed.

Oyoko

Jul 28, 2020
A harder difficulty slightly lowers the player character's stats, which means higher difficulty to land some attacks. However, it's a difference small enough that you shouldn't be getting such a low hit rate on the actions you should be using. "Kiss lips", "Stroke pussy", and so on are very unlikely to hit unless you and the opponent are sharing a position, while "Kick" and "Freeze feet" have a better hit rate at the start of the battle and reduce control. Characters with lower control are more likely to be hit and less likely to land their attacks, and characters with 0 control can be pounced on, which makes contact actions automatically succeed.
Ok, I will put the responsibility on an unfair chain of bad luck. But yeah I understand how to manipulate the values for increasing my chance of succeeding. The real strange thing was my amount of bad roll. Not the values needed to succeed after the calculation of PV minus NV but the dice roll itself.

Like I have said, I rolled so many times, values between -1 and 20 (it's possible to roll negative value or it was maybe a bug ?). It was really frustrating sometime. But it was on an older version (from 2 or 3 months ago). Nothing crazy, the game was still playable but I had the feeling that the game wanted to put an end to my win streak no matter what I do. Or maybe some values influences secretly the dice roll ?

In any case, if you say that hard mode doesn't influence the result of the dice roll, so it's ok for me. I was just wondering. Thank you for this quick answer, have a good day and keep up the good work ;)

May 12, 2021
hey ik this is a dumb question but, if i want to play where pc is dominate towards everyone, then what stats would i want the other characters to be gaining?

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
hey ik this is a dumb question but, if i want to play where pc is dominate towards everyone, then what stats would i want the other characters to be gaining?
Submissiveness towards your character first and foremost, by using dominant actions on them. If you also increase their friendship and romance with you they'll be the most open to go along with whatever you decide to do.

Reactions: DeepInteractivity

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Or maybe some values influences secretly the dice roll ?
Forgot to mention this, but luck does have a very mild influence. Not that 5 points up or down are going to be very noticeable.

Hi... Dev, have you any plans to add some preggo content in game?? QwQ
Not until the story is almost finished, which is pretty far away.

darkpyre

Apr 22, 2019
How do I stop Nersmias from draining all my will power from hypnosis? The blindfold does nothing against him, despite working for blocking every other form of it.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
where to find item/toy guys?
Once the weapon and bondage merchants have been unlocked through the story, they will sometimes be available in the personal room menu. Look for them everyday or you will miss them.

How do I stop Nersmias from draining all my will power from hypnosis? The blindfold does nothing against him, despite working for blocking every other form of it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Squall99

Apr 6, 2019
Sorry if this has been answered before, with what do you guys edit save games? Tried Notepad etc. and only get jibberish raw data.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Ok, I'm probably an idiot, but where is Valtan in the caverns. I have looked everywhere and I can't find her.
It's actually a bit complicated & I struggle to describe it because there are many individual steps to take, so I hope you can forgive me if I am not too accurate here. When you walk to the caverns you probably noticed the "special" path you can take right at the entrance (It's in the room where you run into Ate), the one that seems to rely on your stats a bit to make progress at certain points. There are basically 2 "Quest" rooms which are part of the maze, 1 has a stuck shapeshifter that you can save and the other has Valtan. You will recognize them by paying attention to what the description says, these 2 rooms are occasionally blocked off (and they let you know if you can freely enter or not by their description too, not just by being greyed out, so just read properly if you want to find them easily). Sadly I am not sure which is which, I am 95% sure one of the rooms is connected to 11, but you will have to try around a bit, unless someone else has a better memory than me & explains it better.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd make a save right at the start of the cavern content (after the first night which marked your arrival) and rush to the cave system just to try around a bit, once you found Valtan you'll know where she is, can reload & then get to her whenever you please. I'd suggest doing it early as possible tho, and, just as a tip, make sure to first meet her, then afterwards look for the shapeshifter in peril
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: DeepInteractivity
4.00 star(s) 25 Votes