Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I'm still playing the 1.0.5 version. On this playthrough I can continue Ashley's path even though I didn't even receive Sara's call while being with Kim in the club. So I assume that in my previous playthrough I must have somehow rejected Ashley without realizing and incorrectly assumed it was because I didn't answer Sara's call. I'm glad to see their paths aren't tied to each other.
Kim is a side piece, not so much an LI. I think she can be helpful in some ways, but I don't know that she's essential.

You can always do what most people do and make a separate save at that branch point. I've got three or four for this game.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Kim is a side piece, not so much an LI. I think she can be helpful in some ways, but I don't know that she's essential.

You can always do what most people do and make a separate save at that branch point. I've got three or four for this game.
Decisions the MC makes regarding Kim are essential... just to be clear.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Decisions the MC makes regarding Kim are essential... just to be clear.
In my primary path, I didn't reject her, but did ditch for Sara that night. Have another path where I didn't ditch her that night. Seeing how they play out. "No Sara" is not an option I want - my favorites are always smart girls that are a little reserved in public. I've found that they tend to be anything but reserved in private. ;)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
In my primary path, I didn't reject her, but did ditch for Sara that night. Have another path where I didn't ditch her that night. Seeing how they play out. "No Sara" is not an option I want - my favorites are always smart girls that are a little reserved in public. I've found that they tend to be anything but reserved in private. ;)
Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying that you need to choose her over Sara... do what you wish in that regard, but Kim's choices are essential to the story and will alter outcomes. That's what I meant in more detail. Regards.

Moffy

Sep 25, 2019
Sancho1969 Can you please make a mod for the basic version until the extended version is leaked?
As Soucer said because of the subscription pause it might take a while until the extended version is here.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Can you please make a mod for the basic version until the extended version is leaked?
As Soucer said because of the subscription pause it might take a while until the extended version is here.
Here's my estimate: Extended will drop before you know it... I didn't prep and complete the extended code for the last few days for nothing. I've finished the Hang in there bud.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So we have to wait for Extended Version of UOP V1.1.0
For SanchoMod? Yes, as normal. I like to mod the extended versions only. The question I always ask myself is why work my ass off for a partial VN update? I treat "betas" the same way tbh. Just not worth me killing myself at 60+ hrs/week for partials. Just my point of view of course.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
For SanchoMod? Yes, as normal. I like to mod the extended versions only. The question I always ask myself is why work my ass off for a partial VN update? I treat "betas" the same way tbh. Just not worth me killing myself at 60+ hrs/week for partials. Just my point of view of course.
I never bother downloading non-extended or betas (some games even call them alphas) - I'd rather defer and get the whole thing. I've got enough to play around with already. They're a waste of time unless you're being provided some incentive to bug test and provide feedback.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Is Kim's path negatively affected if you go and help Sara when she calls you? I wouldn't go, but that would unfortunately close Ashley's path.
What you need to do is avoid meeting Kim the second time in the club. Go for a drive instead. You'll get the call from Sara, and you won't have to leave Kim cold in the club. You'll meet Kim again another time.

Reactions: alex13_zen

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020

Kim was originally intended to be a side girl, but because the fanbase liked her, and perhaps even more importantly, DreamNow really liked writing her, it is likely she will be a full love interest.

Among Us

Nov 29, 2020
Sancho1969 I gotta ask, why do you, other modders, compressors, walk-through makers, etc. do this? Why do you guys spend so much time on something for virtually nothing (other than self-satisfaction and our gratitude, of course)? I remember you telling that you didn't have a Patreon or other donation sites somewhere. When I can't even find motivation to do my college work, you guys go above and beyond what's expected of you. What drives y'all to do this?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 I gotta ask, why do you, other modders, compressors, walk-through makers, etc. do this? Why do you guys spend so much time on something for virtually nothing (other than self-satisfaction and our gratitude, of course)? I remember you telling that you didn't have a Patreon or other donation sites somewhere. When I can't even find motivation to do my college work, you guys go above and beyond what's expected of you. What drives y'all to do this?
Good morning. Well bud, all the others (all of them that I know anyway) have monetary sites so I can only guess in their regard to their incentives but I can't answer for any of them honestly. For me I create mods for all the VN's I play anyway for my personal use (that's the only reason I code them tbh, for me). I'm just grabbing a bit of karma by sharing the work I already have. What I don't normally do, which placing any of my mods public forces me, is to update all of them constantly. For the mods I have private I simply update them when I'm ready to play the VN, not caring of when the VN updates. As soon as I make any one of the public that all changes. That's the Achilles heel in the process is that those that are public have to constantly be maintained and thread posts answered. It's more work than I truly want, but I reckon that's the price I pay for my gratuity.

I guess that's it in a nutshell for me personally. I've always tried to be a generous fella and I could certainly use some extra karma considering all the shenanigans we all have had to deal with in the last 2-3 years, right?

Kind regards.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Good morning. Well bud, all the others (all of them that I know anyway) have monetary sites so I can only guess in their regard to their incentives but I can't answer for any of them honestly. For me I create mods for all the VN's I play anyway for my personal use (that's the only reason I code them tbh, for me). I'm just grabbing a bit of karma by sharing the work I already have. What I don't normally do, which placing any of my mods public forces me, is to update all of them constantly. For the mods I have private I simply update them when I'm ready to play the VN, not caring of when the VN updates. As soon as I make any one of the public that all changes. That's the Achilles heel in the process is that those that are public have to constantly be maintained and thread posts answered. It's more work than I truly want, but I reckon that's the price I pay for my gratuity.

I guess that's it in a nutshell for me personally. I've always tried to be a generous fella and I could certainly use some extra karma considering all the shenanigans we all have had to deal with in the last 2-3 years, right?

Kind regards.
Chad.

4.30 star(s) 198 Votes