4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
Could someone share the latest status update?
Sure, nothing new on a release date though.

Hello, Patrons!
It seemed like a really short week this week! On Tuesday I was very happy to watch the Nvidia announcement of the new 3-series cards. I have my eye on a 3090, which will allegedly be available near the end of the month.
I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to afford it this month or if I'll have to wait until next. I might have to get a new power supply for it. I might also have to get a new case for it, the damn thing is huge. Either way, if availability isn't totally horrible - and that's a big if - it's likely that I'll be rendering the next update on the 3090. So that should be a significant boost. The big limitation at that point will be the speed of my posing.
And posing can take a good amount of time. With DAZ you are able to pin something in place, like a hand, but that doesn't exactly work 100% correctly. You still often get movement when you move other joints.
Still, for all VN updates starting in November-ish, you, the AVN supporter, should expect to see more complexity in your games, depending on the creator's income, of course. You should no longer see empty backgrounds and the VNs should - should - look more alive.
These are interesting times to be a creator! Until next week, I'm going to get back to rendering and posing and rendering some more!
-CarbonBlue

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
I mean this in the nicest way possible but when a Dev and i am talking about any Developer out there in general gives an "update" on his patreon, it's preferable to actually inform people on the actual update of the games development. Instead this short post is a quick rundown of Nvidias GPU reveals and then how said GPU's will help developers shorten the development time of these games, i think my grandmother would probably figure that one out on her own.
Once again not trying to be negative, but just my personal advice that people can discard if they don't like, it's always best to squeeze in a sentence or two on how the progress is going in regards to the game, simple stuff like "I rendered 5 new scenes or I added 150 new images or i managed to write 50% of the story for this update", etc...

Stay safe, take care.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Christ.

First, I update people every week.

Second, let's say I finish 100 renders for the week. Not all of those renders are going to make it in the game. Some will have to be redone. Some will get tossed out as I edit the game. Some will get moved to a different update.

If my patrons are not happy with my updates they know where to reach me. But I'm just about done with this thread. I've said the game is gonna come out in September. That's this month. Of course I've been wrong about that several times before. But this time I've told people that if it does not come out by October, I will not take money for October.

What day in September? I don't know.

F1_V10

Apr 9, 2019
No probs, I get it if you feel like you're being bugged about the update date. Most of us won't mind waiting as we know you will deliver quality content. But then again some like seeing solid numbers as a form of proof or something, but you're THE dev. If you say those numbers are insignificant, then they are insignificant. Excited about the update nonetheless!

Reactions: Grohal
Feb 29, 2020
Christ.

Second, let's say I finish 100 renders for the week. Not all of those renders are going to make it in the game. Some will have to be redone. Some will get tossed out as I edit the game. Some will get moved to a different update.

If my patrons are not happy with my updates they know where to reach me. But I'm just about done with this thread. I've said the game is gonna come out in September. That's this month. Of course I've been wrong about that several times before. But this time I've told people that if it does not come out by October, I will not take money for October.

So some nerds are complaining about your release schedule huh?
Well you know what I think? I think you should add an extra week of wait time for every time someone asks when the update is coming.
Sure that might suck because this is one of very few games on here that are actually good. But at the same time the wait would be so worth it knowing how triggered some of these dudes would be be because they don't get something on their schedule.

On a side note. I do miss good ole Roger the axe. One of the best side characters in these games.

May 1, 2020
Christ.

Carbon, firstly very good game, a real breath of fresh air.
Do not get discouraged with people whining and hating - that's why internet was made for. Imagine waiting for Mass Effect 2 in the age of no internet forums to whine on.
My best advice is every time someone whines and bitches, imagine them in their underwear, with the red strap on nose, waiting in line for next iTurd 13 on a chilly winter weekend,with Angel's mom bringing them a trailer-cooked meal...

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Christ.

Hey man i dunno if this was directed at me, but i just wanna say i wasn't asking about when the game is gonna come out or anything like that. I am usually fine with Devs taking a very long time between updates.
I also wasn't asking or demanding anything from you i even said i have a suggestion that in general goes to any Dev out there that people can completely discard if they don't agree with which is to make updates that talk about raw numbers. Obviously those numbers are always subject to change but usually they give people a rough estimate of the development process, it worked out for so many other Devs, so i just regard it as a generally good idea.
But i understand at the end of the day that's between you and your patrons, if they are fine with everything as is then that's all that matters really. Weekly updates are great, i don't think most Devs update that regularly, so kudos on that.

Anyway didn't mean any malice loving the game so far as I've stated in the past, take care.

Reactions: F1_V10

FatBoizSlim

Jan 10, 2020
Dude's, I waited games like Bloodlines, Knights Of The Old Republic, Soul Reaver etc, in time when having the internet, was like having a dragon as your pet. We ( I ) couldn't speak up like I can today, in my time it was, buy a magazine, read it and there might be some info on when this and that game is coming out. And that was it. Even getting games was difficult. They were expensive (for my standards, I was a kid, couldn't afford 'em, GL getting your parents to buy you one), so I saved every cent I got, in order to get enough and buy it when it came out, the game that is.

Today, you're just 2 clicks away from shitting on someone's work, "your" reason being,
"it didn't came out fast enough" and "are we there yet?!"
I have the same urge, to ask, but hey, been waiting for Bloodlines 2 for 17 years, what's a few months for some small game done by a single dev on these forums and it's free, unless you decide to support the dev.

gcjellyfish

Dec 14, 2019
Carbon's updates normally do talk about the game's development. This one is a bit different. His patrons know that. This just reinforces to me why I don't post anything that Carbon hasn't made public himself or given me permission to post.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Carbon, firstly very good game, a real breath of fresh air.
Do not get discouraged with people whining and hating - that's why internet was made for. Imagine waiting for Mass Effect 2 in the age of no internet forums to whine on.
My best advice is every time someone whines and bitches, imagine them in their underwear, with the red strap on nose, waiting in line for next iTurd 13 on a chilly winter weekend,with Angel's mom bringing them a trailer-cooked meal...
Plenty of forums around before ME2 was releasied...how old do you think the internet is or how young are you? The whole reason the Bioware forums themselevs got shut down was because they became a vitrolic pissing match between the worlds morons.

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
Christ.

I know it might be hard to, but just try and ignore the clowns man. Take all the time you need. I can't even imagine how hard it is to make a game like this, especially since most people are doing it solo, so just take the time you need. Your fans will just be happy to have new content when it comes.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I don't know if something else happened which I don't know or failed to notice, but I don't consider this thread particularly critical towards the dev. And rightfully so.
There's always one or two people who are never satisfied even with regard to devs who deliver regularly, or to devs who take longer but have rather moderate support to account for that. In our case, we have an example on the previous page (20 messages per page), but as far as Subnero's message is concerned I didn't interpret it that negatively.

I suppose someone else must have been bugging CB and hence his reaction. But I do hope we won't lose his participation here, I mean, the atmosphere and our response towards what he does are excellent. In fact, we don't give a fuck how long updates take and have made people's asking for an ETA into a meme, haven't we? :Kappa:

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
I wouldn't support CB, if I wouldn't be satisfied with his work. His work is, writing-wise top notch here.

If CarbonBlue don't want me to post updates from his patreon, he just can say so here - or via PM. I just thought it would be nice to see life signs, maybe even getting more people to support him. But I am not in his shoes and if he tells me to stop this, I wouldn't mind doing so. :)

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
I wouldn't support CB, if I wouldn't be satisfied with his work. His work is, writing-wise top notch here.

If CarbonBlue don't want me to post updates from his patreon, he just can say so here - or via PM. I just thought it would be nice to see life signs, maybe even getting more people to support him. But I am not in his shoes and if he tells me to stop this, I wouldn't mind doing so. :)
I appreciate that. But it's cool. This is a pirate site, after all. :)

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020
Christ.

Please don't let the haters drive your decision to stay or not.
Most of your fans here love you and hope you'll stay, even if some of us are awful at saying that, myself included sometimes.

Regardless,

Thank you for your hard work and i hope you're having fun!
1599623021093.png

Xyzzy

Jan 24, 2018
And in that instant, the player knew what was going to happen. The redhead didn't say a word, she only picked up her knife... Only because it was "talk like a pirate day", and he uttered the phrase "yo ho"
Talk Like a Pirate Day isn't for another 10 days yet. Still plenty of time to polish your jargon, matey!

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes