4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
Being an alcoholic is normal now? Ok, I guess. :D
Who says she's an alcoholic? Maybe she's lonely or depressed and thus seeks an outlet to let go? Doesn't have to mean she is addicted to alcohol. But could mean she'll soon be addicted to something else. ;)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Hmmm....

Well, I am glad that I needed to replay the game from the beginning. Happy to see the update, happy to see anything with Shannon in it. Always want more no matter how long it is. That said, I didn't like that, it seems, our choice at the end of update 4 didn't matter. Also don't like the implication that Angel shall begin blackmailing the MC. Obviously, too short to really judge. Still feel that the game is in the "intro" or prologue and the real story has yet to begin. So far the game only seems to have one choice that actually matters (no strings or decline) though that could just be an illusion since it is interrupted regardless...

Anyway, hope that we see more soon after the October update. I'd really like to see where this is going.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Hmmm....

Well, I am glad that I needed to replay the game from the beginning. Happy to see the update, happy to see anything with Shannon in it. Always want more no matter how long it is. That said, I didn't like that, it seems, our choice at the end of update 4 didn't matter. Also don't like the implication that Angel shall begin blackmailing the MC. Obviously, too short to really judge. Still feel that the game is in the "intro" or prologue and the real story has yet to begin. So far the game only seems to have one choice that actually matters (no strings or decline) though that could just be an illusion since it is interrupted regardless...

Anyway, hope that we see more soon after the October update. I'd really like to see where this is going.
Happy to see Angel and Maeve again.

Apr 12, 2020
It was never a bug.
This game is meta (hence the brilliance). You're playing a VN that knows it's a VN with characters who know they are characters in a VN. Especially Maeve, who appears to be some kind of avatar for the dev (hence the Renpy dev screen on her monitor when we first meet her). That's why she makes cracks about feeling out of place and why some things feel familiar (the stock environments that we see in all VN's--like how this game shares the same college lobby as Being a DiK and many others). Olivia is the frustrated milf trope, Shannon is Best Girl, Angel is the damaged goods girl with the heart of gold (with her trailer park origins, there's a strong whiff of Roxxy from Summertime Saga). This game is so fucking smart, and that's why even when updates that are more like teaser trailers, it's worth it. Savor it, gentlemen, ladies, and those beyond the binary. This is something special.

And you can totally jack to it.

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
How is drinking to celebrate when she sells a house being an alcoholic?
Because she sells houses every day from day 2 on? Hell the MC is only there for a couple of days and Olivia is only sober on the first morning. The rest of the days (until now) she has a more or less hangover in the mornings.
And even if it was meant as a joke, I am not perfectly sure this should be normal. Speaking of the earlier mentioned "every female in this game has a flaw". ;)

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
Happy to see an update for this game, it's one of my favs. Shame the updates aren't regular enough making me want to throw my support on it. Small update but decent. I appreciate you're trying to use animations now, my constructive criticism on what I saw would be you should really make the animation loop. The way they were setup it looks awkward. Just my take. Best of luck on your project.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Because she sells houses every day from day 2 on? Hell the MC is only there for a couple of days and Olivia is only sober on the first morning. The rest of the days (until now) she has a more or less hangover in the mornings.
And even if it was meant as a joke, I am not perfectly sure this should be normal. Speaking of the earlier mentioned "every female in this game has a flaw". ;)
Maybe I am wrong but I thought she had only sold 2 houses so getting drunk twice isn't an alcoholic.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
Maybe I am wrong but I thought she had only sold 2 houses so getting drunk twice isn't an alcoholic.
Well I think having a hangover twice in under one week is a bit over the norm for an adult. But maybe that is just me.^^

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes