4.20 star(s) 125 Votes
Nov 18, 2018
It's important to remember that we're barely into the first chapter of the novel. It's far too early to be making conclusions about what the various character's personalities are really like, what decisions mean what, or what direction CB is planning on taking the plot.

People act differently when you first meet them than when they've gotten to know you. And they act differently depending on the level of respect they have for you, which changes over time. You can be bitter enemies in chapter 1 and soul mates in chapter 25.

I'm willing to let CB introduce us to his characters and his world at his own pace.

Except for Shannon. Shannon is the beauty of the universe personified.

And Maeve. Maeve is a sexy enigma wrapped in a gorgeous conundrum.

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
About walkthroughs: If it isn't done by the developer, the walkthrough will NOT tell you what the result of any choice will be in some future release. All it can tell you is whether points (of whatever kind) have been gained or lost, and whether a variable has been set for a particular choice. In other words, it can help the player achieve something in a current release, but players are still on their own for anything in the future. Even those created by developers are unlikely to help a player very much for future releases. Developers are not stupid ... mostly ... and want to keep the suspense up for their next release; which is why they often end releases in cliffhangers.
Obviously, but if the VN is still a work in progress, the walkthrough can not only tell you which action gains a point with a preferred character but like you said, which other action results in a point deduction with that same character and these are more often than not anything but obvious. I could name countless examples where a game design decision doesn't make any sense at all, like a game where a pregnancy ending is a feature but it locks you out of that option if you made a character submissive even though it should be common sense that a creampie is one of the prime expressions of sexual dominance. I don't know about you but I value my time more than to allow wasting close to a week's worth of free time on a playthrough that gets me the wrong ending at which point I download the walkthrough anyway to see where I messed up regardless the type of the game, be it The Witcher 3 or a VN. Sorry, but so far when I tried to rely on common sense alone instead of a cheat sheet in a VN where choices actually matter, 8 out of 10 VNs were unable to adhere to common sense, repeated nonsense like the ones I've already mentioned conditioned me to automatically click on the walkthrough link below the download link, if there is any, regardless if it's needed or not.

Unleashed so far doesn't seem to need it so I find it kind of pointless having to argue for walkthroughs in its topic because this game is not plagued by any of the issues that necessitate the presence of one.

Playertheguy

Mar 18, 2019
That's ok. We have enough games here in which the ladies are totally ok that you fuck her, her sisters, her grandmas, her aunts, her mom, her cousins (and rumors say even their cat when no one is looking), every female neighbour in a 10 mile radius and every female employee from every shop in the city you have at least once visited (or passed by and seen her taking a smoking break) - just as long as you fuck each of them often enough. :devilish:
i think i played that game.

Reactions: Grohal and doe50818

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
You haven't even hit lunchtime on the day after yet!

That seems like such a sad way to play these games, though. Playing these VNs should be fun. You shouldn't have to sit there and wonder what my intentions are when you make a choice in the game. You are going to miss content based on your choices. If people want decisions that matter, then that's just the way it is - you'll see some content and miss other content. But you're going to end up with the girl (girls?) that you want if you're not some simpleton who says "no" to her. There's no wrong choice in Unleashed* - the choices will give you a different experience, but you're not going to break anything.

*There is one wrong choice in Unleashed:

Angel does not plan to blackmail you. She specifically told you she's not going to blackmail you several times.

Also, I hope no one's making any final judgment about Angel. She's had some bad influences on her life but she has her moments. Keep an open mind. :)

Yeah,
So since currently I have Shannon as my least favorite, behind train girl even, and potentially behind any other college and or MILFs we might meet, I am very open to whatever Angel has in mind. Olivia is my first choice, and in her masturbation scene she even says that "She's probably fucking him right now"... I think it is fair to say that having Angel is my second favorite is not an issue. Maeve might be an issue with the blackmailing, and she probably is the most likely from what I have seen to be upset by the MC flirting with anyone but her, but you never know. Since she is my third favorite I will have to be mindful.

CB don't let folks try and harass you into anything. I think the majority of us are perfectly fine with the direction you are starting us out on. I could care less about points. I just replay for a different outcome if I am that concerned about missing scenes.

I will say that if any new ladies resemble Bella from BADIK then I will drop all and become hers alone though!
Keep up your fantastic work!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Obviously, but if the VN is still a work in progress, the walkthrough can not only tell you which action gains a point with a preferred character but like you said, which other action results in a point deduction with that same character and these are more often than not anything but obvious. I could name countless examples where a game design decision doesn't make any sense at all, like a game where a pregnancy ending is a feature but it locks you out of that option if you made a character submissive even though it should be common sense that a creampie is one of the prime expressions of sexual dominance. I don't know about you but I value my time more than to allow wasting close to a week's worth of free time on a playthrough that gets me the wrong ending at which point I download the walkthrough anyway to see where I messed up regardless the type of the game, be it The Witcher 3 or a VN. Sorry, but so far when I tried to rely on common sense alone instead of a cheat sheet in a VN where choices actually matter, 8 out of 10 VNs were unable to adhere to common sense, repeated nonsense like the ones I've already mentioned conditioned me to automatically click on the walkthrough link below the download link, if there is any, regardless if it's needed or not.

Unleashed so far doesn't seem to need it so I find it kind of pointless having to argue for walkthroughs in its topic because this game is not plagued by any of the issues that necessitate the presence of one.
I've been reading the scripts for a while, so I don't use walkthroughs as much as I used to. I still use them in games like BADIK, for the free-roam sections, since I don't have the time or expertise to sift through the myriad scripts involved. But I'm with you, I don't have the time to play through the multiple options that are available in a game, just to get all the content. In most VN games I can get all the content I want to see, and ignore that which I don't, without wasting too much time, which I could use to play some other good game.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
So since currently I have Shannon as my least favorite, behind train girl even

CB don't let folks try and harass you into anything. I think the majority of us are perfectly fine with the direction you are starting us out on. I could care less about points. I just replay for a different outcome if I am that concerned about missing scenes.

I will say that if any new ladies resemble Bella from BADIK then I will drop all and become hers alone though!
Keep up your fantastic work!
What do you mean, "behind train girl even"? Train girl is frickin' hot! Hell, sometimes I think she might be the hottest one... though I tend to think that about nearly every girl whenever I work on their renders.

And I won't let anyone harass me into anything. Opinions of the players are important and can influence certain aspects of the VN (like when I dropped single-choice options after 0.1), but at the end of the day this VN is already complete in my head and that's what people are going to see.

I think Bella is a gen8 figure and I use gen3, so train girl will be as close as you get to her in Unleashed, body-type wise.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Well, I've struggled with it too. The MC doesn't mention going to college at all, that I can recall, so the only school would be High School. So he, Chris, and Linda met in Middle School... At least I believe they were that young. He and Linda dated for awhile but then stopped before she moved (because she knows Steph), then he began dating Steph. However, Steph is a "Hollywood Actress" high school student (so she is older than him) and it was his 17th birthday when he was flagged (statutory rape anyone :ROFLMAO:). SO if they started dating immediately she left when he was 20-21 and then it has been 2 years so the MC is now 22-23? He seems older than that.

Now, if the MC went to College, perhaps a local college or community college then it would be fine. But I don't recall seeing anything about that in the game. Perhaps someone who remembers it better can clarify this for us.
What do you mean, "behind train girl even"? Train girl is frickin' hot! Hell, sometimes I think she might be the hottest one... though I tend to think that about nearly every girl whenever I work on their renders.

And I won't let anyone harass me into anything. Opinions of the players are important and can influence certain aspects of the VN (like when I dropped single-choice options after 0.1), but at the end of the day this VN is already complete in my head and that's what people are going to see.

I think Bella is a gen8 figure and I use gen3, so train girl will be as close as you get to her in Unleashed, body-type wise.
Well I agree about train girl totally, I simply meant I have seen all the Shannon love, and she is really my least favorite. Ranking them I would put train girl right up under Maeve who is my 3rd fav....BUT if Train Girl gets more time and involvement I could easily bump her above Angel my number 2. Olivia is currently number 1, so I do have a thing for Train Girl/Olivia types..... hmmmm now that would be a dynamic duo I could live with :D

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
By the way, Friday Patreon Update tl;dr:
• I'm targeting the 23rd for 0.5v2 release, though it has a good chance of slipping to the next week.
• Then there'll be a short update, probably called 0.5v3, releasing at some point before November 19 (Cyberpunk 2077 release day).
• That will be it for updates until 2021, where the release date for updates will be "when it's done".

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well I agree about train girl totally, I simply meant I have seen all the Shannon love, and she is really my least favorite. Ranking them I would put train girl right up under Maeve who is my 3rd fav....BUT if Train Girl gets more time and involvement I could easily bump her above Angel my number 2. Olivia is currently number 1, so I do have a thing for Train Girl/Olivia types..... hmmmm now that would be a dynamic duo I could live with :D
You quoted me from the wrong thread...

• Haha
Reactions: Real Kreten

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I wonder if CB has considered having the On Hold tag added to this thread? Once Cyberpunk comes out there won't be an update until sometime in 2021 and the perverts on this site aren't good at being patient, even when they are warned (repeatedly) about the update schedule.

I'm not worried since I'll also be playing Cyberpunk, lol.

Nov 18, 2018
No matter what CB says, certain folks will always complain. If he dropped 10 hour updates every week (and twice on Thursday) some folks would still manage to whine about it.

My ignore list gets fed regularly on insultingly rude narcissists.

Different points of view are fine. Polite criticism is fine. "Me! Me! Me!, I demand you cater to me!" gets dumped right in the bit-bucket.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
No matter what CB says, certain folks will always complain. If he dropped 10 hour updates every week (and twice on Thursday) some folks would still manage to whine about it.

My ignore list gets fed regularly on insultingly rude narcissists.

Different points of view are fine. Polite criticism is fine. "Me! Me! Me!, I demand you cater to me!" gets dumped right in the bit-bucket.
So true... I am not about to tell CB that he shouldn't play Cyberpunk 2077, I'll be playing it too. I will be ignoring all of the games on this site while I play it, regardless of updates. I just suggested the On Hold label because of the numerous pirates who will come out of the woodwork and post constant BS about the game being abandoned or some other ridiculousness.

Nov 18, 2018
It's not a bad suggestion. I just don't think it's necessary, or would do any good.

If he were to put the game "on-hold" he'd just get a flood of "I knew it was going to be abandoned!" "Milker!" "Deceiver!" "Post-Industrial Capitalist Dog!" and the like.

I really don't think he can win.

Reactions: MrFriendly
4.20 star(s) 125 Votes