4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The latest Patreon post from CarbonBlue:
1612279650127.png

Occasional Girl from the Train

I saw a graphic about different lighting styles yesterday on a Discord server and wanted to give it a quick try. See how the shadow from the nose connects with the shadow on her cheek on the right, forming a triangle of light on her left eye and cheek? That's called Rembrandt lighting. It's supposed to be dramatic.

I kinda like it, and you'll probably see more like this from me.

Happy February!

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
The latest Patreon post from CarbonBlue:
View attachment 1016835

Occasional Girl from the Train

I saw a graphic about different lighting styles yesterday on a Discord server and wanted to give it a quick try. See how the shadow from the nose connects with the shadow on her cheek on the right, forming a triangle of light on her left eye and cheek? That's called Rembrandt lighting. It's supposed to be dramatic.

I kinda like it, and you'll probably see more like this from me.

Happy February!
(y) I hope you wouldn't mind if sometime in the future ( if I remember ) I could contact you about working with graphics

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
(y) I hope you wouldn't mind if sometime in the future ( if I remember ) I could contact you about working with graphics
What makes you think I know anything about graphics? I don't. NOT AT ALL. I just copied the image from the Patreon post. Anyone with a basic knowledge of Windows could do it.

Perhaps you should address your interest to CarbonBlue, the developer of this game, and the creator of the image.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
What makes you think I know anything about graphics? I don't. NOT AT ALL. I just copied the image from the Patreon post. Anyone with a basic knowledge of Windows could do it.

Perhaps you should address your interest to CarbonBlue, the developer of this game, and the creator of the image.
Oops my bad I was thinking out of the box again, which always seems to get me into trouble......... Sorry just assumed I guess

Reactions: Walter Victor

Max Headroom

pauper commilito CtSH
Sep 27, 2017
Like what? I didn't change anything beside her pose and feet wrinkles.
Sadly I can't say what. There is sth subliminal at her face which triggers me and bc of that I asked.
I will compare some more pictures later, maybe I see it then.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
The latest Patreon post from @CarbonBlue:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
See how the shadow from the nose connects with the shadow on her cheek on the right, forming a triangle of light on her left eye and cheek? That's called Rembrandt lighting
Lighting? What lighting. I was distracted by something.......

CB: Seriously though, that looks great. It's a game, not reality, so by all means go with dramatic lighting when you can. I never heard of Rembrandt lighting. Thanks for the lesson. I learn something new every day.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes