4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I rarely laugh out loud at posts. This accomplished that feat this morning.
You're not the only one. That was fucking funny :LUL:

We can of course say whatever we think about this game's development; I for one think it's been a long time since the delays last made any sense. But everybody should appreciate the dev's participation in this thread, something extremely uncommon yet enriching for everyone.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
You're not the only one. That was fucking funny :LUL:

We can of course say whatever we think about this game's development; I for one think it's been a long time since the delays last made any sense. But everybody should appreciate the dev's participation in this thread, something extremely uncommon yet enriching for everyone.
I doubt that his participation here will last too long. Why subject yourself to abuse? Most developers learn to avoid us after a while. Participation is good at the start of a game, so the developer can get some feedback about how he or she is doing. But after a while, the Law of Diminishing Returns takes over. The amount of constructive criticism is eventually overwhelmed by detractors. Plus the further along a game gets, the less likely a developer is going to change the established direction, whether criticism is constructive or not. So again, why would a developer read any of our twaddle, when he is not going to gain anything by it once the game is well underway.?

While I lament the lack of a recent update, he has produced new renders on occasion, which proves that he is at least doing some work on this project.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I doubt that his participation here will last too long. Why subject yourself to abuse? Most developers learn to avoid us after a while. Participation is good at the start of a game, so the developer can get some feedback about how he or she is doing. But after a while, the Law of Diminishing Returns takes over. The amount of constructive criticism is eventually overwhelmed by detractors. Plus the further along a game gets, the less likely a developer is going to change the established direction, whether criticism is constructive or not. So again, why would a developer read any of our twaddle, when he is not going to gain anything by it once the game is well underway.?

While I lament the lack of a recent update, he has produced new renders on occasion, which proves that he is at least doing some work on this project.
In view of the lack of updates and new content in almost 1 year, the one thing that from my POV keeps this game interesting is the dev's interaction with us here. His jokes, puns, teases, etc.
If he left, I wouldn't even care to check the thread from time to time. I'd just wait to see Unleashed in the Latest Updates section and that would be all because, honestly, at this point there isn't anything else game-related to comment on here.
So yeah, I just hope he won't leave.

kerriwm25

Mar 19, 2020
It's when that consumes you and you start campaigning for others to hate my game that you become dead to me.
If you think the problems expressed here stem from couple of posters, then you are badly misreading the room.

That being said ...

while I know you and the other guy will play all the updates as soon as you can get your grubby little hands on them, you should know that when the girls in this game have sex with the main character, in your guys' game they are thinking of other peoples' protagonists.
This ^^^ is why I am still subscribed :ROFLMAO:

May 1, 2020
I get the frustration form the "paying customers" - let's face it (carbon also) people subscribing on Patreon and any other platform are customers. These customers are not getting their product delivered when the developer announced they will. Carbon must understand that on one hand, and the customer satisfaction is what pays. On the other hand there are most of us leeching off and not paying anything, therefore I do not see any entitlement to delivery schedule possible.
That being said, if there is any way any of us can help the dev (without paying for undelivered product and constant delays), we should if we love the game so far.
If you are a paying customer, you have the right to dissatisfaction. If you are not, tough luck.

And yes Carbon your paying customers are right - the dev working on "Intoxicating flavor " has had so much personal misfortune and illness - but he made more updates, and avoided promising then not delivering, and explained why there are delays. You can hate delays but as a PM I can tell you - you can plan and deliver, and learn from previous performance to avoid missing delivery dates.

Ozzfest

C.R.E.A.M.
Donor
Feb 20, 2020
freeloaders might just want to remind some potential patrons of the progress of this game, and if the dev is a milker. 'cause the latter may not get the full information.

calling them "haters" does not change the fact that last update came with 200 render after 7 months, and no update since then, half a year and counting...

well, at least he is milking less than icstor and irphaeus, so don't be too harsh on him :ROFLMAO:
Hello there. If you see a few pages ago I was very upset too, and I understand you perfectly even so I guess you are a bit salty in your comment if you ask me. I'm not taking sides, but for now he is still active here and I'm sure he will have a good comeback now that he is aware that fanbase is truly upset.This game was way too good and I really hope that will continue.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
I am just trying defending the ones being called "haters" here; pirates who frequent this forum know well the true honourable devs here, respect them and payed compliments for it; those are decent pirates, shouldn't be called so 'cause they voiced some honest opinions.
Are you defending the ones being called haters? Because right now there are only 2 people I'm calling haters: Meephistopheles and JianYang-69. That's it. They're not being called haters because they're pissed off or because they're voicing negative opinions. They're being called haters because they go above and beyond with the hate.

May 18, 2019
Are you defending the ones being called haters? Because right now there are only 2 people I'm calling haters: Meephistopheles and JianYang-69. That's it. They're not being called haters because they're pissed off or because they're voicing negative opinions. They're being called haters because they go above and beyond with the hate.
JianYang-69 and Meephistopheles are most likely not your biggest fans but I don't see why the hater argument would apply here?

They started mentioning your missed release schedule after you guaranteed a release in the next two weeks.

I get that it can be annoying if someone does this over and over again but there was no better time to speak about the problem than now.
Missing a guaranteed release after months of questionable delays is critical.

It's annoying yes, but you are a developer, and isn't this a forum to voice those opinions? And they never insulted you or anyone else.

A hater tries to hurt you with whatever they can find or make up, but they never did anything but state (more or less) facts about the schedule, empty words, and your work ethic.

Instead of playing the victim just own it but don't call people hater because they state "facts".

(Facts in "" because I am not up2date with everything)

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
They started mentioning your missed release schedule after you guaranteed a release in the next two weeks.
Nope. They've both been bitchy for many, many months. At least one of their posts are frequently deleted by the mods for being nothing but insults. I don't really believe, "this dev is trash." is much of a complaint. Jumping on my discord to harass people is not a complaint.
Instead of playing the victim just own it but don't call people hater because they state "facts".
Maybe you'd like to revise this now that you know something about the situation?

TamaMountain

Oct 5, 2018
Just discovered this game and played it for the first time.

The writing here is very different to say the least. For the first time I am not sure how the paths will develop and what consequences my choices will have for the story. Everything from the eccentric characters to the hint at supernatural elements(?) is refreshing but confusing at the same time. I'm not sure how to put it but I think this is all building up to a big reveal. At this point, I am not even sure what the story is about.

That said I enjoyed the game and will be keeping an eye out for future updates. Kudos to the developers :giggle: for not making a run of the mill harem game. Slowburn games are always appreciated.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 125 Votes