4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Just posted a . tl;dr - should be 2 weeks.

Writing - 99%
Rendering - 95%
Animation - 95%

Hello, Patrons and Public alike!

There is some important news in this update, so please make sure to read until the end. And let's get right into it!
Rendering has just a few days to go. After rendering I will have a significant amount of post-processing to work on, including backgrounds for renders, tying some renders together, and splicing together animations. Then I have coding, final editing where I will likely have to add and/or remove a few renders, and beta testing, which proved invaluable last update.
We're probably looking at around 2 weeks left until you finally meet Oh Long Johnson.
---
Patreon Business #1
I have been warned by another developer that even linking to NSFW content for the non-paying public on Patreon is bad. In other words, I cannot provide the download links to you unless you are a paying, active Patron of mine. If you are following me and not paying, you will have to find the download link on your own.

Please do not pay any site other than Patreon for Unleashed. There are no other websites authorized to host it. However, Unleashed is free. If you know where to look, you can find a link to the download for free. Because this is a free VN, it is not piracy if you find an alternative link. I just don't want you to get scammed by other websites, so be careful whenever you pay them money.

Also, I know many of you have arrived here from a website that hosts Unleashed as playable on their website itself. I'm generally cool with that, BUT the problem there is that web client cannot play animations. So you are missing out on some content if you do not download and play the game .

Patreon Business #2
I have talked about this on Patreon before, but I will soon be changing Tier 1 from $1 to $2. This will be done because at the $1 level, most of the donation is lost to fees and taxes. Everyone who is currently paying $1 will be able to do so as long as they do not cancel. This only affects new Patrons.

I will probably make this change around the first of November. Again, this only impacts new patrons - for those of you currently in Tier 1 you can decide to keep things exactly the way they are indefinitely. I will make plenty of public warnings before the change happens.

Of course if you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you all for your support! I've had a whole lot of fun with this update and I think you guys will, too. It's definitely different! You're going to like the ending. :)

-CarbonBlue

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Well I didn't expect anything else, it was just directed at the post above me like a "we will know more later". :D

Also:

Writing - 99%
Rendering - 90%
Animation - 95%
Hello, Patrons, and happy weekend!
As always, sorry for the lack of updates. Sometimes I get busy and figure that I should just keep going rather than working on an update. Other times I figure that I should offer you guys a render of Maeve with underboob.
The update is getting there! It's at the point where I'm about to start working on post-processing along with the renders. This update will have some significant post-processing, which includes denoizing, adding backgrounds, and the tedious work of tying together the animations.
I would say that animations are complete, but there's one sequence at the end that I'm thinking I might do with an animation.
As always, the writing is never complete until I go through the text when I add it to the code.
So, I'm gonna stick with my promise that I'm not going to give out a date, but I can tell you it's close! It's going to be longer than 1 week away. I'll let you know more next week.
Until then, as always, thank you for your support and understanding, and all your kind words!
-CarbonBlue
Maeve .. dear god i feel a heart attack coming :love:

Reactions: BigStuffedTiger

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Interesting how that last 5% of progress always takes 80% of the time before the update. Curious.
You pretty much only post in this thread and whine about how long it's taking. That's gotta suck, hating the creator of the VN so much and yet enjoying the game so much that you just can't stay away, lol.

Also, did you not read that whole part where I talked about post-processing and coding and putting animations together and all that, or are you just that ignorant about VNs that you think they magically come together once the renders are finished?

You'll have your cheeto dust-covered hands on the update soon enough. Maybe find some other game in the meantime and try to say something positive about it instead of whining, for a change?

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
You pretty much only post in this thread and whine about how long it's taking. That's gotta suck, hating the creator of the VN so much and yet enjoying the game so much that you just can't stay away, lol.

Also, did you not read that whole part where I talked about post-processing and coding and putting animations together and all that, or are you just that ignorant about VNs that you think they magically come together once the renders are finished?

You'll have your cheeto dust-covered hands on the update soon enough. Maybe find some other game in the meantime and try to say something positive about it instead of whining, for a change?
And fuck, take it in your teeth and go create us such a good NV while Ocean prepares for us the new chapter of this excellent story.

Raboobie

Oct 6, 2020

I really don't want to hate on you but you make it so hard some times. :(

I've never seen a dev go on so much the process and how much work is involved, yet take as long and give as short updates as you. Maybe if it's so difficult, you can chat to some other devs and get some tips as they manage it a lot better. Yes, the renders are top notch and awesome to look at, but not so much as to justify how long it takes between updates or how small the updates are when they eventually come.

There are plenty of vn's that are as good (if not better) visually that come out with more regularity and longer updates. Hillside, chasing sunsets, oopsy daisy, just to name a few. Yes some of those have a team, but some don't.

Depsite my bitching, I can acknowledge Unleashed is good, I just wish it was more.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
And fuck, take it in your teeth and go create us such a good NV while Ocean prepares for us the new chapter of this excellent story.
I'm not sure what this means.
There are plenty of vn's that are as good (if not better) visually that come out with more regularity and longer updates. Hillside, chasing sunsets, oopsy daisy, just to name a few. Yes some of those have a team, but some don't.

Depsite my bitching, I can acknowledge Unleashed is good, I just wish it was more.
Yes, there are indeed several VNs out there where people produce very high quality content much faster than I do. I notice you're not sporting a badge showing that you support any of them.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I've never seen a dev go on so much the process and how much work is involved, yet take as long and give as short updates as you.
I've never seen* a user go on so much about the process and how little work is involved, yet never make any useful contributions themselves as you.

[*] This is unfortunately a lie, I have seen plenty users do this.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I'm not sure what this means.

Yes, there are indeed several VNs out there where people produce very high quality content much faster than I do. I notice you're not sporting a badge showing that you support any of them.
maybe some people don't understand how some Dev's are extremely busy it makes things hard for the Dev. to work on they're own games ... just a thought i would offer ;)

Reactions: Raboobie

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I would just ignore all the complainers. You have plenty of fans here. Despite the long development time, you have a fair number of Patreon supporters that hang around here. I am a sometime suppporter myself.

No need to be concerened about the time it takes. It takes what it takes, and those that don't like it are free to support other games if they want.

Just keep doing what you are doing, and we will all very much appreciate it. Thanks for making such an interesting game, that is not a cookie cutter copy of all the other around here. I look forward to seeing some of the mystery be revealed in time.

TokyoR

Aug 30, 2018
loooots and i meant looots of teasing or no even that , liked the 2 sisters and step mother role , but ... like after 5 chapters and still going on circles on that wao is that humor now a days ...well no much adult content maybe for 2025 .. should developr main characters at tleas to 80 per centen then well go on other side ones but here the main characters are like on 30 per centen still well ....

• Thinking Face
Reactions: stekegkin

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019

Hello, Patrons! It is now October and there's a rule somewhere that states that Adult Visual Novel creators must provide you with scary or spooky or Halloween-inspired renders. So here's Shannon in a crypt! Is she waking up in a crypt? Was she brought to the crypt? Will she become a vampire, the mortal enemy of Maeve the werewolf? Stay tuned!
I apologize for the lack of update last week. I didn't really have any information to provide you. I do have information this week and I'll be sure to get back to weekly updates from here on out.
You should have the new episode in your hands by now but it is not ready. I essentially finished it, but when I looked at it all together for the first time, one big major scene didn't quite work. Comedy is difficult to do right. Sometimes jokes don't work, and that's understandable. It's worse when it's a scene that turns out more cringe than entertaining.
I'm fixing that scene. It shouldn't take me forever. You will have your hands on the new episode soon and hopefully you won't cringe. Well, honestly, you probably will, but it will be a good cringe. You'll see what I mean.
I'll keep you updated with info and October-themed renders as much as I can. As always, thank you for your support. <3
-CarbonBlue

DeedleConcord

Oct 3, 2021
First off, I want to thank Carbon for an excellent VN so far. The girls are all ridiculously hot, and the writing is very good. Many have already commented on how distinct the ladies are, so I'll instead focus on MC. You made the right decision to let his actions, facial expressions, and body language do the talking, rather than giving him a paragraph of internal monologue every scene. Maybe it's growing up on 90's jrpgs, maybe it's the fact his reactions to his environment largely mirror what I imagine mine would be, maybe it's the fact you actually have skills to show and not tell that others lack, but it works. (Speaking of exposition, I also appreciated what you did with the cameras in the end of the last update. Sure, it was tell not show, but it was extremely efficient telling. I was wondering why Shannon got to be a bum playing games all day.)

Second, I'm sure Carbon will appreciate that I'm losing my mind trying to find all the secrets, and figure out what the hell is going on. Other than the obvious stuff (binary, morse code, intro movie) I haven't had any success. Though one issue that I haven't seen come up in this thread that maybe deserves some cogitation is why is MC's mother never spoken of? Sure, Olivia's relationship is with the dad, so it makes sense he's brought up more frequently. But the mother is literally never mentioned. The only real clue we have is that MC's dad is talking to someone other than MC during the skype call. One can presume that's the mother, but then why isn't she on the call? I guess maybe I'm making something out of nothing. I can think of perfectly reasonable explanations for all this. But I realized I just assumed his dad was talking to his mother, but never thought about why MC doesn't talk to his mother.

Finally, one of the reasons I chose this as my first AVN was that it wasn't an incest game. Unfortunately, Shannon is my sister's name, which makes things a little awkward. If you could finally quash that darn naming bug, it'd be great. Yes, I'm in on the joke. No, I'm not kidding about the awkwardness.

Oh, and maybe this is normal (in fact, that no one has mentioned it suggests it is unremarkable), but one other thing I haven't seen anyone discuss. There's a traceback.txt in the game folder that doesn't seem to correspond to any of the current bugs.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Oh, and maybe this is normal (in fact, that no one has mentioned it suggests it is unremarkable), but one other thing I haven't seen anyone discuss. There's a traceback.txt in the game folder that doesn't seem to correspond to any of the current bugs.
Interesting! Of note, that appears in the game folder, not in the folder with the executable. Perhaps it is an error the developer incurred in testing, which got into the build. Especially since the directory mentioned in the error report is not in anybody's directory list except 'bradw'.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Hah, yeah that file is just an error and shouldn't be included in the folder. It is not part of the game.
Second, I'm sure Carbon will appreciate that I'm losing my mind trying to find all the secrets, and figure out what the hell is going on. Other than the obvious stuff (binary, morse code, intro movie) I haven't had any success. Though one issue that I haven't seen come up in this thread that maybe deserves some cogitation is why is MC's mother never spoken of?
I appreciate the comments!

I might talk about the MC's mother later on, but honestly, the main reason she's non-existant so far is because I didn't want people hoping for incest. If I showed his mother - it doesn't matter what she looks like - there are gonna be players wanting to bang her, lol.

What I can tell you is that the MC's mother is not with the MC's father.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I might talk about the MC's mother later on, but honestly, the main reason she's non-existant so far is because I didn't want people hoping for incest. If I showed his mother - it doesn't matter what she looks like - there are gonna be players wanting to bang her, lol.
Amen to that!

But what about the father? You could make him a furry! :eek: ... Not that there's anything wrong with that. :LOL:

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes