4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Noooope. These are all assumptions that all amount to bullshit.
That post wasn't about why this update failed for me, I've already done that, but simply an answer as to why it felt like an entirely different game. The short answer to that question is obviously the humor, but I decided I'd be more detailed than that and when into detail as to why the humor feels so different.

There was nothing "inside joke" about this update at all
I'm genuinely curious and not trying to be a troll when I ask this, but if that's true, why have the poll about who knew it was Ethan before the mirror reveal?

Reactions: Jaun Karr

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
That post wasn't about why this update failed for me, I've already done that, but simply an answer as to why it felt like an entirely different game. The short answer to that question is obviously the humor, but I decided I'd be more detailed than that and when into detail as to why the humor feels so different.
Sure, and you guessed at my motivations behind the creation of this update. And I'm telling you and everyone your guesses are wrong.
I'm genuinely curious and not trying to be a troll when I ask this, but if that's true, why have the poll about who knew it was Ethan before the mirror reveal?
...because I wanted to know if people had figured out his identity before it was actually revealed? Before the reveal it was obviously 1. someone from college, 2. a nerd, 3. kinda chunky which I tried to hide as much as I could with the renders. Many of the regulars on Discord did not know until the full-on belly shot in the mirror.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Sure, and you guessed at my motivations behind the creation of this update. And I'm telling you and everyone your guesses are wrong.
Ah, I see what the issue is now. Obviously every update is a continuation of the "story." I'm not denying that, but the secondary motive of this update was clearly comedy, which is where my comments come into play. No doubt you have a grander plan at play and this was a continuation of that goal, but none of that is what I was discussing.

Many of the regulars on Discord did not know until the full-on belly shot in the mirror.
Lol, that's sad, I knew the second we saw his lips.

dobispdobispdobisp

Jun 21, 2019
This game has honestly the best writing I've ever read. That includes the juggernauts on this site like DIK, Eternum, Broken Dreamers, etc. The humor is amazing, the personalization of the characters is great. All i wish is that it was updated more often and each update had more...but i guess that's obviously the wish of anyone that likes a certain medium. Keep doing what you're doing, just do more faster please!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Here's another little poll that showed up on Patreon:

Tuesday Poll - Shannon!

When Shannon lost the bet, did you figure out (or guess correctly) what she would do before she began the process, or not until the process?

Before 36%

Not until she began 64%

135 votes total

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Added the following tags:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

lemme know if you feel I missed anything
This VN should not have the Sexual Harassment tag. Shouldn't even really have the groping tag yet, though it certainly will in the near future.

Ethan didn't "touch" Angel's ass. He smacked her on the ass. In one render. He didn't really do it for sexual purposes, either, but to show off. If one render does not constitute spanking then it does not constitute harassment.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Ethan didn't "touch" Angel's ass. He smacked her on the ass. In one render. He didn't really do it for sexual purposes, either, but to show off. If one render does not constitute spanking then it does not constitute harassment.
There's one render where you see his somewhat closed hand on her ass, then two renders after that where you don't see his hand at all but it's very obviously still on/near her ass. The first render has a dialogue box of Ethan saying "daddy like" which obviously made me think he was still touching her. I didn't tag it as spanking because it doesn't look like a spank, it looks like a slap and rest, like you would do to a table or something out of boredom.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Smack yourself on the thigh. You'll notice your hand doesn't stay straight. It was a slap. That's why his hand was raised in the prior render. That was specifically the point of that one render. You don't raise your hand like that if you're going to just touch someone's ass. And if he was gonna grab her ass he would have grabbed.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Can I say that in my humble opinion a tag should be a way to indicate a content used systematically by the developer, not an occasional event? For example if CarbonBlue showed systematically the strip club's customers grope the Angel's ass, it would be fair add the grope tag, but because it seems very probably (due to the Angel's reaction) we will not see another similar scene, the use of that tag seems a little bit premature.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
1650767042819.png

Hello, Patrons!
Still can't believe some people turned her down in the car.
As I mentioned last week, I was going to really start going on the renders this past week, and that's indeed what I did. I have most of the update planned out and written, and more than enough to render for quite some time.
Things may change, of course, but right now I can confirm that Ep 6 should easily be the biggest update yet. It's probably not going to have as many animations as the last update. I like animations but they're not needed all the time. This update should also have the most interaction, with lots of player choice. Unless something changes, you'll probably have to play the update at least twice to see everything.
This is the mid-game. It's where things are going to start getting settled in to somewhat of a "normal". After that, everything's going to hell! :)
I can also confirm that this update will feature Olivia and Maeve much more than the single renders devoted to them in the last one. I don't think I'll be able to justify Olivia wearing a belly dancer outfit, though. :(
I'm also going to table the "fix" release that I was hoping to do to test the GUI and fix a couple little things. It's possible it'll still happen, but more than likely I'm just going to fix that shit in Ep6 and not bother with another release. 0.5v3.1 sounds ridiculous anyways.
This coming week you should expect to see the new Patreon Tiers and maybe, just maybe, the first preview render of episode 6!
Until then, have a wonderful week! Thank you all for your support!

-CarbonBlue

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes