4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Can I say that in my humble opinion a tag should be a way to indicate a content used systematically by the developer, not an occasional event? For example if CarbonBlue showed systematically the strip club's customers grope the Angel's ass, it would be fair add the grope tag, but because it seems very probably (due to the Angel's reaction) we will not see another similar scene, the use of that tag seems a little bit premature.
I guess depends on how significant the element is in the game. Even one scene can justify a tag, albeit maybe disappointing for one who get in for that tag in particular.
Of course i think the ass smack scene doesn't call for any tag.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
An announcement from the developer at Patreon [nothing we already didn't know about]:

Reminder - $1 Tier Going Away in One Week

Hello Public and Patrons alike!

I just wanted to remind you all that in 7 days, on May 1, the $1 Tier will no longer be an option for new patrons.

From May 1 forward, the new introduction tier will be $2. This change will only affect new patrons - anyone currently at the $1 tier will be able to remain at the $1 tier until they no longer subscribe.

The reason for this change is because at $1, much of the payment is lost to taxes and Patreon fees. A $2 subscription actually comes out to more than double the $1 sub when everything is taken into account.

This week I will also open a new Tier 5 and Tier 6.

Whether or not you are a current Patron, thank you for your interest in Unleashed and my work! It's truly an honor to have such a great audience to create for.

-CarbonBlue

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Can I say that in my humble opinion a tag should be a way to indicate a content used systematically by the developer, not an occasional event? For example if CarbonBlue showed systematically the strip club's customers grope the Angel's ass, it would be fair add the grope tag, but because it seems very probably (due to the Angel's reaction) we will not see another similar scene, the use of that tag seems a little bit premature.
While I personally agree with you, that's just not how we use tags. I know at least three games in which the MC can force a male bully to perform oral sex on the MC and all three are tagged "gay" because of that event. For whatever reason we tend to use tags more like a trigger warning system rather than a search relevancy one.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
We are in a world of delicate souls that could get easily hurt.
I doubt that's it at all, just a simplicity thing. "If it's in the game it gets a tag" is easy to understand and there's very little grey area about whether or not something makes the cut, assuming you have your tags defined well, at least. If games are only tagged once the reach a certain threshold of content, you might be missing out on one of your favorite games just because you didn't find it when you searched for your favorite tag. There's no right or wrong way to do tags, just different ways.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
We are in a world of delicate souls that could get easily hurt.
:giggle:

I doubt that's it at all, just a simplicity thing. "If it's in the game it gets a tag" is easy to understand and there's very little grey area about whether or not something makes the cut, assuming you have your tags defined well, at least. If games are only tagged once the reach a certain threshold of content, you might be missing out on one of your favorite games just because you didn't find it when you searched for your favorite tag. There's no right or wrong way to do tags, just different ways.
It could be also the opposite: a person start to play a game, thinking to find certain contents and he doesn't find what he want, because the game wasn't meant to have that content. I can understand you can adopt that policy for certain contents that are or aren't present in the game (futa, ntr, lesbian, incest…) even if they compare only in one scene, but in my humble opinion for other content it could be better adopt a less drastic option.

Last edited:

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
I doubt that's it at all, just a simplicity thing. "If it's in the game it gets a tag" is easy to understand and there's very little grey area about whether or not something makes the cut, assuming you have your tags defined well, at least.
Except this is bullshit. Because Ethan slapped Angel on the ass in one render. That is a spank. So why isn't that in the tags? Because things are obviously not just black and white and "it's just policy" is a bullshit excuse. Remove the tag.

kerriwm25

Mar 19, 2020
"If it's in the game it gets a tag" is easy to understand
Actually, it's easy to *Manage* but it's not really intuitive for the viewer. Let's say someone dowloads this game because it has that tag and finds one render. Are they happy? No. Someone doesn't download the game because of that tag because of one render? Also bad.

The only one this approach makes it easy for is the administrator.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
CarbonBlue in the opening post has written: «The game is not contained to the game. The code is part of the game. This forum is part of the game.»

Maybe we should start to be less serious and come back to the original spirit of this thread.
In the end we have already explained why most of us think the use of the grope/spank tag is not appropriate, the moderator has explained why he has added that tag, so continue with this discussion will only spoil our fun; at least this is my opinion.

Reactions: operamini

Ciccio92

Jul 13, 2020
The developer strikes back:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Occasional Truth from Shannon

The story behind this is that there's a mod on a certain forum who doesn't like me, and he's being a child about it. Figured I'd be a child right back. :)
rip thread xD

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
Except this is bullshit. Because Ethan slapped Angel on the ass in one render. That is a spank. So why isn't that in the tags? Because things are obviously not just black and white and "it's just policy" is a bullshit excuse. Remove the tag.
Maybe you can update the developer notes in the OP to explain the tags and put highlighted note in the overview to read the developer notes regarding the tags? I really wish every game would do something like this because so many tags are not black and white, or they're optional/avoidable, etc.

Reactions: Grelk and syh653

Barley

Oct 19, 2020
I think you're putting a TAG according to your perception. The DEV is correcting you, indicating what actually happened on that scene. I think that is clearly a wrong way to do tags, not just different. IMHO you should add the spanking TAG if you have to, and remove the other one

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Holy shit, what a temper tantrum over little ol' me.

I think you're putting a TAG according to your perception. The DEV is correcting you, indicating what actually happened on that scene. I think that is clearly a wrong way to do tags, not just different. IMHO you should add the spanking TAG if you have to, and remove the other one
I did, this game has had the spanking tag and not the groping tag for a few days now.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes