4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
I've created a ticket to talk to the admins about the Abandoned tag. I will reserve judgment until I hear back.

Unleashed is not now nor will it ever be abandoned.

Edit - Actually, I own the thread. So goodbye, Abandoned tag.
Apologies for the confusion caused

Sorry it was a misclick. Was doing a lot of abandoned reports and your thread was bookmarked so it was opened by a misclick and in the flow it was tagged, i just woke up and saw the chaos :cry:

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017

Sorry it was a misclick. Was doing a lot of abandoned reports and your thread was bookmarked so it was opened by a misclick and in the flow it was tagged, i just woke up and saw the chaos :cry:
It is positive to see that you have the balls to stand by your mistake and admit it publicly! Quite in contrast to others of your standing here. Hats off!

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018

It really, really sucks after traveling for a couple days coming back home to launch my discord and find Patrons asking if my game is abandoned. It's probable that this mistake cost me money, not to mention contributing to the whole "it takes so long for an update he's going to abandon the game!" nonsense I have to deal with.

That's all to reiterate: this was a big fucking mistake.

That said, I accept your apology and thank you for publicly correcting a public error.

Last edited:

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Have a bit mixed feelings about that response here. I can understand the anger, but I have to admit the last part of the post was....unnecessary. Wasn't really funny for me either. Mistakes can happen.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
proof.png

Clearly I added the abandoned tag yesterday when I wasn't even logged in. Maybe check your facts before spewing bullshit. As I tried to tell CB before he blocked me because he can't handle criticism, I have nothing but apathy for this game.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Hello, Patrons!
I was out traveling the past couple of days and it turns out, one of those days was National Redhead Appreciation Day. I totally missed it! In my defense, why the hell do they have a national redhead appreciation day? Do they also have a C-cup appreciation day? Anyways, here's your favorite girl, belatedly appreciated.
Now to business.
Crunch Month has gone very well and I've been able to get a lot of work done. But there is more to do, and especially more to organize to make sure everything works together.
Episode 6 is coming out in October. Guaranteed. Not gonna say "or your money back," because last October the poo hit the fan and I nearly died in the ICU. But it's coming out in October, I promise.
Forum issues
A moderator at a popular adult gaming forum accidentally labelled Unleashed as Abandoned. Yesterday when I got home from traveling I logged into Discord and discovered that nice little surprise. Apparently it was just a mistake on their part.
But I want to reassure everyone: I am slow to develop Unleashed, I know that. But it will never, ever be abandoned. This is a passion project for me. I started it because I had this nagging through for a creative VN in my head. And I will not be satisfied until it is released.
So this is a good lesson for everyone to not believe anything you hear unless it comes directly from me. And even then maybe you shouldn't believe everything I say either. ;)
As always, thank you all for your support!

-CarbonBlue

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

stefanino

Nov 17, 2021
Redhead forever!!! Like my lovely girl... Thanx for this game, full of humor. But man, that Angel is really something! Hope we'll see an update soon. Really good job, wish you luck!

Reactions: CarbonBlue

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Patreon has implemented Subscription Billing. The way things are currently, if you subscribe to my Patreon, you are charged immediately. You are then renewed at the first of every month. This means if you toss me $5 on Patreon today, you'll be charged another $5 on Saturday.

Subscription Billing means you would be charged every month on the date that you started. So you wouldn't be charged that $5 again until the 27th of October.

I've talked to people on Discord and have encountered a few different opinions. Some people like the change. They like the idea of spreading out their Patreon donations so they're not hit on the first of every month for all their subscriptions.

Others like the idea of knowing that they are always charged on the first of the month.

This change does not affect current Patrons. It would only affect new Patrons once - and if - implemented. Also, if I make the change to Subscription Billing, it is permanent. There's no going back. So I want to do my due diligence and get some opinions on this.

If you are currently a Patron of mine, .
If you are not currently a Patreon of mine and you potentially could be, .

Of course feel free to leave comments on my Patreon if you want to provide your reasoning or more detail. Thank you!

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
This was supposed to go out yesterday but Twitter's scheduled tweets seem to not be working. You might see this render from me again at some random point in time. Maeve walking along a forest path in high heels, as one does in the world of the Adult Visual Novel.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
People who have been around long enough know this game used to be one of my favourite.
I've been away from participating in this thread for a long time since I was disappointed by a couple of things and wasn't that excited by this project any more.
Yes, exactly. I am in the same boat. I was very enthusiastic and impressed the first group of updates, that all came in a reasonable time-frame, but the last two have been very underwhelming (to put it politely), extremely short, not at all worth the year long wait each, nor all the Patreon support it has gotten, some of it from me.

I understand all the fans that say that the dev is trying to make something unconventional, and to wait and see what happens. But, so far, Unleashed is completely conventional and stereotypical, so if the dev is trying to make some subversive point or parody, he actually has to do it. Just talking about it obliquely for 3 years isn't cutting it.

But, I agree, it shouldn't get the abandoned tag if games like Offcuts can last 3+ years with nothing from the dev before it get abandoned.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes