4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
Not at all. Why do you ask? There are a number of recent update posts that can be seen on this thread. The developer does take his time between releases, but hasn't stopped working on the game yet.
Walter Victor
Do you really still assume that the standard user here makes the effort to read more than two posts before he asks abandoned?

I like your unshakable optimism! :)

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Hello, Patrons!

Short update tonight. Things are going slowly but I'm working furiously to get you guys the best update yet. I honestly don't know if I'm going to hit the October target at this point, but I am going to do everything I can to not break my promise. The issue is a limited amount of time to work on the VN. But after ep6 is out I'll have some good news for you all on that issue.
Expect some more Halloween-themed renders coming soon!
Love you all! Thanks for your support!

-CarbonBlue

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Hello, Patrons!

Short update tonight. Things are going slowly but I'm working furiously to get you guys the best update yet. I honestly don't know if I'm going to hit the October target at this point, but I am going to do everything I can to not break my promise. The issue is a limited amount of time to work on the VN.

-CarbonBlue
JFC, will CB ever learn not to make promises?

Reactions: Jaun Karr

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Not even most of the professional game companies keep their "promises" the last few years. Nearly all the games I wait for got shifted shedules and got pushed to 2023.

I think you expect a bit much from a one man show like CB.
A one man show means you're in complete control :) The only problem is that there isn't time to to do or get to, but only one, or two items on a ten item list for a day. Then you start all over the next day. Hummm were do you start the next day? Item one, or item three, or was it item two.......... Fuck it. Now I have to start at one. Yeah that will do it............

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Not even most of the professional game companies keep their "promises" the last few years. Nearly all the games I wait for got shifted shedules and got pushed to 2023.

I think you expect a bit much from a one man show like CB.
Game companies are forced to give a singular release date, having to distribute hard copies and all that, plus, they tend to make their deadlines more often than not. Carbon can't even get an update out throughout a whole month, despite taking a week off from work for a """crunch week""". Plus, as tripod said, CB's a one man show, and he should know better by now, this is far from the first time he's missed a "promise."

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
A one man show means you're in complete control :) The only problem is that there isn't time to to do or get to, but only one, or two items on a ten item list for a day. Then you start all over the next day. Hummm were do you start the next day? Item one, or item three, or was it item two.......... Fuck it. Now I have to start at one. Yeah that will do it............
Sure it has its pros and cons. But I think there are way more cons to development. Everything that affects you in RL is affecting the development if you do it alone with no one jumping into the breach for you. Sickness, family stuff and so on.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Game companies are forced to give a singular release date, having to distribute hard copies and all that, plus, they tend to make their deadlines more often than not. Carbon can't even get an update out throughout a whole month, despite taking a week off from work for a """crunch week""". Plus, as tripod said, CB's a one man show, and he should know better by now, this is far from the first time he's missed a "promise."
Actually that was Old Man Al that said that... :)

I was agreeing with what Old Man Al had said. As a one man band myself, and being the chief cook, and bottle washer. Plus the maintenance man. I know full well how Shitt happens... For the last two weeks it has been one thing after another going wrong. Well honestly it's been the last two months off, and on...... :( I get a little done now, and then, but not what one could call a schedule.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
I think you guys aren't understanding what I'm saying. I don't think CB needs to be more accurate in his guesses for release dates, I think he needs to stop giving them out at all when he such a terrible track record of hitting them. Everyone here is here because they enjoy the game, not because CB has timely updates, so all he gets when he makes a promise like that is disappointment when he inevitably breaks it.

This is the one think i'll never doubt about CarbonBlue. His work is always good and fun.
I used to think that before the last update, the only good thing in it was Shannon's boobs.

Reactions: Redd23 and imzahai

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Don't talk about the last update in my presence! Every time I think about its ending, I start to laugh like a madman.
Surely it was a short update, but "the good things come in small packages" and that update was undoubtedly good. Not because its fun ending, but because its storytelling.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes