4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
It was a little difficult to get into your pajamas. : get you into
Yeah, that's fixed. I originally fixed it then I unfixed it again in 0.3.1.

early in the morning : earlier this morning
That's intentional. I don't want the characters to use perfect English because people don't use perfect English when we talk to each other.

(alex trebek's name color is hard to read)
Sorry about that. Fun fact: the name color is Jeopardy Blue.

try skype with : try to skype with
Again, intentional. It's intended to convey an unfamiliarity with skype.

don't get your sights set on : don't set your sights on
Yeah that one I can change.

it's a torrential rain : it's torrential rain/it's a torrential downpour
That's Shirleen and you just ain't gonna get no proper English from her. :)

(The angel scene seems to run a bit slow/jerky I get the whole lightning effect but it feels more like lag in a videogame, and the loop reset isn't smooth/natural looking)
Hmm, I get the jerkiness - that's going to be there until I can upgrade my video card - but that's the first complaint about it feeling like lag. The good news is I can hopefully upgrade the video card on Black Friday or soon after the new year. Thanks for the critiques!

fssntuff

Sep 15, 2018
Yeah, that's fixed. I originally fixed it then I unfixed it again in 0.3.1.

That's intentional. I don't want the characters to use perfect English because people don't use perfect English when we talk to each other.

Sorry about that. Fun fact: the name color is Jeopardy Blue.

Again, intentional. It's intended to convey an unfamiliarity with skype.

Yeah that one I can change.

That's Shirleen and you just ain't gonna get no proper English from her. :)

Hmm, I get the jerkiness - that's going to be there until I can upgrade my video card - but that's the first complaint about it feeling like lag. The good news is I can hopefully upgrade the video card on Black Friday or soon after the new year. Thanks for the critiques!

If you are going to nit pick on country accents. Don't neber go ta Slaint Mury's cunty, de bygawd Capn, bygawd.

DaxOfAllTrades

Goblin Lover
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Absolutely in love with this game! Good character design, great writing, excellent self aware comedy. Definitely keeping my eyes on this one.

fssntuff

Sep 15, 2018
If you are going to nit pick on country accents. Don't neber go ta Slaint Mury's cunty, de bygawd Capn, bygawd.
Seriously, having first hand knowledge of Saint Mary's County, Maryland. You are warned. I will point to the Fallout 3 "Point Lookout" add-on. The crazy in-bred rednecks portrayed there, is real close to the reality. The area does has a very specific accent. Sadly one of my friends, had never left "The County". We had to drive to Waldorf, Maryland, 35 miles away, and he had a major panic attack when we crossed "The County" line. And yes, some of the old time family's there do just call it, "The County".

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
1.png

This update sucks, and I apologize for that.

My intention was to release 0.4 by November 8. That is not going to happen. I now hope to release it during the last week of November.

The reason for the delay is that I hit a roadblock on the creative side of things. My creative process is somewhat hit and miss. Things either fit together and work, or they don't. The content that I currently have for 0.4 doesn't fit and I'm not happy with it.

I will be able to use many of the renders I've made. Some will be pushed back to other updates. So it's not a total loss. It is, however, a significant re-write. As a lifelong gamer I know how much delays suck. But I'm not going to release something I'm not happy with.

I'm truly sorry for not coming through with the update as quickly as I know we've all wanted.

-CarbonBlue

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
I'm totally fine with news like that (especially since I haven't paid for any of this one yet ~ Sorry CB ;P ), I appreciate the transparency. Better to be open and honest than to go dark or try to string people along, and frankly, I feel like that's a totally acceptable excuse too because what's here already is gold and I'd rather it continued to be gold.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
When MC"s dad asks him which girl MC like on skype the choice there does it matter?
There is a variable kept, but so far it is only used to determine the dad's immediate response. My guess is that is as far as it goes. This early in the game, the MC should be able to change his mind. I know that I'm going after all of them for as long as I can, regardless of my answer there.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes