Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Maybe he should work until the end of the summer as he promised, if the situation doesn't get better he can take a break. Or abandon it completely. It seems that he does not have much confidence in what he does, it is difficult to stay motivated like that.
He's put way too much effort into this project to simply abandon it. would be such a shame.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
True, it's the work of my life. There are zero chances that I'll abandon it.
The problem is that I'm confused about whether I made the right choice or not by rebooting the whole game.
You definitely didn't make a good choice by starting the game from scratch. But now people (including myself) also don’t want you to go back to work on the old version because they know you’re passionate about Premium Edition.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
The problem is that I'm confused about whether I made the right choice or not by rebooting the whole game.
It's still in the very early stages no? You can see what people like and dislike with every update and make the appropriate decisions for the future.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
It's still in the very early stages no? You can see what people like and dislike with every update and make the appropriate decisions for the future.
I noticed several people complain not only about the protagonist's physical appearance, but also about his clothes and accessories. It seems so easy to change the appearance of the protagonist, and he hasn't changed at all. I even saw people complaining about him having pubic hair. Waifston should take advantage of the fact that there are not many renders created from the protagonist and apply the changes.

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
Doesn't matter if you made the right choice or not. You made a choice. All you can do is move forward with it. Agonizing over it is completely pointless. Going back to patchwork things won't give you the results you want. You need to improve on things as you move forward. Adjustments are fine. But reworking the rework makes a really bad impression.
I've been silently lurking here waiting for some good mother-son incest. The old systems made me really hopeful that I'll have a nice build-up to it the same way as with other girls. And I don't think there were too many complaints about that system. Improving on something that works can backfire like this.

But again. Just keep going with the decision you made. I want to see what you can do with this and how this can improve. I have honestly not played much of the new edition, mainly because I have a hunch that it has less content than the previous one (that was just cut right when the thing I was waiting for the most was about to start, I'm a bit disappointed by that).

So yeah, for the hundredth time. Press forward, listen to what people say and improve on it. But don't rework or revert.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
I cant comment personally on the topic but from what I gathered from the thread is that the feedback christmas episode is what caused you to consider this? I didnt play it because usually I dont look at separate links cuz more often than not its a side story that doesnt directly tie into the main game.
Anyway if the feedback was so bad that it caused you the dev to consider restructuring your vision of the game to fix then I would say that there was definitely a substantial issue with how the events played. So no I don't think it was a mistake. Now that you have gone through with it, the real mistake would be to not push forward, because what you have got has some real potential. I dont wanna repeat myself too much cuz I already wrote two walls of text about it already but I think overall its a great effort, but some things are rough because some details dont exactly line up. World building has to make some sense, and fulfilling your fantasy while keeping stuff relatively grounded in reality can be a challenge, but with time I'm sure you will work out what works and what doesnt. So in the mean time dont get discouraged when people point things out that doesnt immediately meld together. Never gonna please 100% of the crowd but, just look at it and see what you can change or explain a bit better.
...But no spam click minigame in the sex scenes please I beg of you. :ROFLMAO:

JengaTower

Apr 18, 2018
The worst thing is that nobody noticing the improvements until I do not point to them out... I'm not trying to complain here, but damn, it's hard to work knowing that none of your efforts worked out, you are losing the motivation.
You changed A LOT of things. Some of them were for the better (the new animation is great) and many of them for the worse.

I don't know how you expect people to react here. You didn't make a new game that was different, you rebooted a game people were into and that is going to by default shed a lot of the audience in hopes of gaining a different one.

pudding1

Aug 21, 2018
Cant finish some achievement because of a potato laptop i hope waifston do something about the mini game where u need to click it fast before stamina or time runs out

Reactions: ironl00

Ancarius

Sep 1, 2018
Nobody can answer that question while you are still rebooting it. When the Premium Edition reaches the point where it is as far as the old version then you can make the discussion about if it was worth it. We only have played what is given to us and can just speculate and throw ideas out how it will developed further, while you are already doing the next update.
How the choices matter in the grand scheme, what the reputation does, how much impact the mentor choice in the prologue affects everything after that, how the new characters interact with the established main cast, how much better the sex scenes now are when compared to the old ones,...

And a reboot is always a negative in the beginning when you are doing it because you could have developed the old version further and the new version doesn't really have a lot going for it besides speculating how it will developed and "if it was worth it".
I did tell you on your patreon that you have a problem to see 1 negative post and ignore the rest because the negative ones are mostly big texts that appear to say a lot while positive ones are most of the time short and can be summarized as "more please". But you did turn some people in this thread around and going by your patreon it is also going upwards.

Continue with making your vision come true. If you find something where you say "Yeah i should change that" than try to apply it but otherwise stick to your guns because you are on a good path.

Last edited:

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
I can already imagine what he is going to do. He will open a poll on the patreon, 13 people will vote for the most bizarre options possible and we will have something worse than we already have.
Though I've seen some of that happen elsewhere....lets hope waifston is not like that.

• Haha
Reactions: saynotoNTR

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Nobody can answer that question while you are still rebooting it. When the Premium Edition reaches the point where it is as far as the old version then you can make the discussion about if it was worth it. We only have played what is given to us and can just speculate and throw ideas out how it will developed further, while you are already doing the next update.
How the choices matter in the grand scheme, what the reputation does, how much impact the mentor choice in the prologue affects everything after that, how the new characters interact with the established main cast, how much better the sex scenes now are when compared to the old ones,...

And a reboot is always a negative in the beginning when you are doing it because you could have developed the old version further and the new version doesn't really have a lot going for it besides speculating how it will developed and "if it was worth it".
I did tell you on your patreon that you have a problem to see 1 negative post and ignore the rest because the negative ones are mostly big texts that appear to say a lot while positive ones are always short can be summarized as "more please". But you did turn some people in this thread around and going by your patreon it is also going upwards.

Continue with making your vision come true. If you find something where you say "Yeah i should change that" than try to apply it but otherwise stick to your guns because you are on a good path.
yea. this guy.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Oh... so another reboot huh...

I could probably search for it, but please indulge my lazy ass and summarize what the reason for rebooting was?

Silver2301

Feb 2, 2019
ok, I have played the old version and i really liked it it had some minor flaws but was still great.
so I haven't played the premium version yet but i only have 2 questions before starting the new game
1. Are the nuns still in the new version?
2. Does his dick got tiny?

May 6, 2017
Well the continuation of the prologue with this update did not do much to change my opinion about the first part. Our main character's goal continues to be the same stupid idea of marrying one or more rich old women so that he can live off of them, instead of getting a good paying job and trying to go back to college.

Nor was there a great improvement in terms of what kind of qualities or skills our character could have so as not to make him look so bad or pathetic (and not that attempt of supposed martial artist did not help much). It is more likely that they want to continue adding more problems to our protagonist with that matter of our aunt Scarlett and that alleged police officer. What I can rescue is that at least there was an attempt to improve on the part of Wisfton as far as his wardrobe is concerned even if it was for a short time.

Another negative point that is included in these updates is the system of annoying minigames, which reduce the enjoyment of the game even more since it tends to distance the player and can even get angry if they are difficult to overcome as is the minigame of washing the car and the dating minigame where if you waste too much time the girl's interest decays too quickly. I really hope that I will not see more minigames in future updates to make the game simpler for those who hate these mechanics.

And the but of this update for me is the simple fact that the options made previously by the player do not have any importance as is the clear example of Elena at the end of the prologue where we have no option to decide if we are angry or do not want to know more of her or forgive her for not fighting for our future, our character simply forgives her for no apparent reason, ignoring all of the above.

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
The worst thing is that nobody noticing the improvements until I do not point to them out... I'm not trying to complain here, but damn, it's hard to work knowing that none of your efforts worked out, you are losing the motivation.
Look, I know that it's hard to stay motivated when your work gets criticized, but you need no separate the critics from the complaints.

There's been several people that mentioned the good things this reboot has, better animation a better menu better interface, but they also point out the things about the story that didn't work for this reboot, the inconsistencies with the characters, the apparent lack of positive traits on the MC, however one key point about this is that they offer alternatives and possible solutions to make the story work better.

I feel that you are focusing only on the negative, and yes, there has been some harsh comments, but the majority is from people that wants to see this game get better and improve its quality.

Reboots will always have a poor reception at first, I myself was salty when I heard about this, I have been waiting years to have some content with Alice, now who knows when that content will arrive. But I can accept that this remake can be better that the previous game if the little details get polished.

Don't take every criticism as a condemnation of your work, try to see what is that people are criticizing and see if you can improve on that without compromising your vision

Last edited:
2.60 star(s) 120 Votes