Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I understand the disappointment. I'm taking notes and improving the game, soon I'll move to weekly updates schedule and the content will be arriving much faster. But as I said, the current state of 0.2 is not that bad by any means. Call me an idiot or whatever, I don't believe it can be that bad. The thread barely has 35 reviews and you give it yet another 1 star review to kill off its reputation completely? (I apologize for my emotions, I just came off work tired and saw a new "cool review" of my game and that got me really frustrated.)
I don't think you're an idiot, I even said in this thread multiple times, that I think the new version is better than the old one. I get that it can be frustrating when you put so much work into something and people give it a bad review. But it happens to all people that put up content online. You will always have people that will talk shit about your work. If you go to the highest rated game on this forum right now and if you check the reviews you will find a few bad ones there as well.

Reactions: Waifston

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
I understand the disappointment. I'm taking notes and improving the game, soon I'll move to weekly updates schedule and the content will be arriving much faster. But as I said, the current state of 0.2 is not that bad by any means. Call me an idiot or whatever, I don't believe it can be that bad. The thread barely has 35 reviews and you give it yet another 1 star review to kill off its reputation completely? (I apologize for my emotions, I just came off work tired and saw a new "cool review" of my game and that got me really frustrated.)
It is not possible to make a fair review of your game at the moment. There is not much to evaluate. If I needed to rate your game today, I wouldn't give you more than 3 stars. What I mean is that while the game is in the beginning, you will rarely receive a decent rating. The DEMO is not good enough to receive 4 or 5 stars.

Reactions: Daddums

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
Each person reacts in a different way. Who are we to judge them?

The 3-star is the only one referring to the Premium version. :(
He does the same on every thread, he shows up and complains about how immature the players are and how they love to complain and then he tells them to "Move on" and yet he can't move on from his own complains. The irony.

Reactions: Daddums

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Before I start, I want to clarify that my intention is to be as much constructive as possible.
Today I started playing the Premium Edition for the first time, I haven't completed the current content yet but my first impression can only be described as very negative. Too bad I didn't notice the poll in time.
After 2 hrs of gameplay I'm still in the prologue, this can't be right (and I have even skipped big chunks of pointless text), a prologue should serve the purpose to introduce you to the story, not telling you every single detail of it. This is what is wrong for me: dialogues are overly wordy and characters' introductions take forever.

Then you're intellectually assaulted by all the convoluted mechanics (the mentors introduction is one of those), the excessive amount of stats, unclear choices consequences... in other words, there's way too much stuff to take into for a first-time play.

Thumbs down for now, I hope this game will get better after the prologue but to be fair I'm not even sure I will last enough to get there.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
He does the same on every thread, he shows up and complains about how immature the players are and how they love to complain and then he tells the two "Move on" and yet he can't move on from his own complains. The irony.
Oh sorry I didn't want to disturb your circle jerk.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Honestly all of the reviews should be removed and start with a clean slate, since 32 out of the 36 were made for the original game and don't reflect the "premium" version at all. The same goes for most of the preview pics, especially a couple that show the MC as a grown man, which he no longer is and the spoiler under the overview which is the synopsis for the original story. If someone reads something like "Everything in your life goes well. You are living in a small and quiet town with a beautiful caring mother. You have recently finished school with good grades. You are a promising young man. And as a sweet bonus, you are the only male in the town. You are surrounded by lonely and horny women all around you." etc. and then plays the new game, they're obviously going to give a bad review since they'll feel deceived.

At this point the less connection this game has with the original version, the better chances you have to get fair reviews.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Honestly all of the reviews should be removed and start with a clean slate, since 32 out of the 36 were made for the original game and don't reflect the "premium" version at all. The same goes for most of the preview pics, especially a couple that show the MC as a grown man, which he no longer is and the spoiler under the overview which is the synopsis for the original story. If someone reads something like "Everything in your life goes well. You are living in a small and quiet town with a beautiful caring mother. You have recently finished school with good grades. You are a promising young man. And as a sweet bonus, you are the only male in the town. You are surrounded by lonely and horny women all around you." etc. and then plays the new game, they're obviously going to give a bad review since they'll feel deceived.

At this point the less connection this game has with the original version, the better chances you have to get fair reviews.
I agree with you, all things regarding the old version should be removed. Even the download links. Whenever an update comes up people will be asking what the difference is. Total confusion.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I forgot an important detail regarding my first impression: I loved the original game and its story, the new one is just terrible (too dark for my likings and generally uninspired, the old one was the classic harem story but at least it made some "sense"), and seeing how the old characters now treat the mc makes it look even worse.

Waifston

i am just man, ok?
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Yeah I think that is a big issue, the dev focus way too much on the bad reviews. Even the highest rated games on this forum have some bad reviews some times. It's the internet people like to complain about dumb shit.
There is like 90/10+- negative review to positive. Nothing much positive to focus on :)

• Sad
Reactions: Ak0001111

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
There is like 90/10+- negative review to positive. Nothing much positive to focus on :)
You need to work on your confidence. You seem to be one of those people who can receive 100 compliments without a problem, but when you receive 1 criticism all your confidence breaks into pieces. There are many mean people on the internet. You can make a perfect game and still someone will criticize you. It is up to you to deal with these criticisms.

Reactions: Xill

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
You need to work on your confidence. You seem to be one of those people who can receive 100 compliments without a problem, but when you receive 1 criticism all your confidence breaks into pieces. There are many mean people on the internet. You can make a perfect game and still someone will criticize you. It is up to you to deal with these criticisms.
I agree with this because I've noticed it too. And it makes me sad because it makes me think you might end up saying fuck this and give up one day out of nowhere.

You think those 538 patrons you have are there to shit on you? No, they're there because they like what they see. If you had the ability to get that many people in the first place, then you have the ability to keep them.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
I noticed that no one gave their opinions on the new characters in the Premium edition. So, I'll tell you what I thought about them.

● [ANDY]

I have nothing to say about him, he is a minor antagonist and fulfills his role well.

● [BONITO]

The best character in the whole game. An extremely interesting and charismatic character, I managed to create a connection with him in just a few seconds. He seems to know something about the 'accident' that the protagonist suffered. I hope that the friendship between the protagonist and Mr. Bonito survives in the midst of adversity.

● [CHARLOTTE]

Really? A girl who sees the future? For what purpose did you create this character? If she doesn't play a key role in the game's plot, then she is one of the characters you wasted time creating.

● [LORELEI]

She is a hot MILF with tan lines. That's it. She is the classic rich woman who has a spoiled and crybaby son. She's a very generic character, I thought I'd give her some time to get to know her better in future updates, but... To get close to her I need to get close to Zachary first, right? Sorry, I don't think it's worth it. There are more interesting and less generic women than Lorelei in Pristine Hills.

● [MARGARITA]

I strangely loved her. She's well written, putting her as Sofia's third gang member was brilliant. There are many people like Margarita in the world. She is not bad, she is just lost. She is the perfect example of how bad friendships can destroy a person. A friendship (or romance) between her and the protagonist would be a beautiful thing. Congratulations, I hope to see Margo more often in the future.

● [PRINCIPAL OXMIRD]

For those who like GILF, Oxmird is a good addition. Her model matches her personality as a luxurious and corrupt woman. She also plays her role as an antagonist with mastery, she is an asshole in the right measure. I didn't like her being one of the possible romantic interests, but I consider it a good addition to the game.

● [SATO]

What is that, the female version of Zachary? As if he doesn't already have enough idiots in Pristine Hills. Should she be Japanese? She doesn't even look Asian. Worst character created so far, either because of her personality or because of the generic appearance.

● [SHERIFF]

She claims to be friends with Scarlett, but looks more like Scarlett's bitch. I did not like her, she is probably in the game to make the protagonist's life more difficult and in the future help in the plot that will redeem (if possible) Scarlett.

● [ZACHARY]

What does that little shit still do in Pristine Hills? I saw a lot of people complaining about Zachary's presence in the game. Zachary has nothing to add to the plot, unless he has a dream of seeing his mother get fucked by the MC. I thought he would leave town to go to college. You don't intend to force a friendship between him and the protagonist, do you? There is only one friendship that I would accept: MC & Margo.

Those are my opinions about the new characters. Please Waifston, if you are reading do not interpret this post as a suggestion for future changes. My intention was just to expose the way I received the new characters that you created.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2366660

Why focus on the positive ? From these last pages of discussion, you have a lot of guys with negative response to the Premium version elaborating critics of what is wrong according to their points of view and genuinely trying to help you. This is not a luxury every developers have.

You focus your attention on things too shallow and superficial that have nothing to with the core of the issues in your game. You can't fix an issue of you don't know the core of it.

Professor Black

Jun 14, 2020
soo will mods remove the reviews for this thread? most of those reviews were for the old original game, and does not reflect the premium version.

2.60 star(s) 120 Votes