4.50 star(s) 54 Votes

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
so the dev had changed something causing me to restart ,,, no big deal great game so i don't mind .... just wish a mention was put in there ...
great game love it :love:

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Now, don't lose your cool over some snarky comments about the update.
(See how useless points like these are?)
:unsure:

See, I dont recall singling out anyone in particular but somehow you felt prompted to quote me. Looks like I struck a nerve. Actually, even though I don't agree with you(I didnt find anything "humiliating" in this update), I thought your last comment on the topic was rather fair.
In any case, dev ofc can do whatever he wants but it's not really a surprise to see people announcing to drop the game when they expect A and he delivers B
Which is fine in general. The whole things is overblown though.

But uh sure man, this is definitely me "losing my cool" over some "snarky" and not at all misleading comments. You are free to think w/e, I'm not here to change your mind. Just adding my thoughts to the others so that when new players come in they at least have a change of not getting a one sided opinion, and trying it themselves to make up their own mind. Seems like it's working based on what I am seeing.

Thats pretty much it.

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
I do think Valentine's sleep overwas a bit weird though. While what she did in the morning could be seen as playful(her version of playful) it fits her chaotic nature I guess, but it still felt odd that she just invites herself in so soon, even though nothing happened. Maybe after they have interacted a bit more.
My feeling was that it fit her character really well. Kind of random/crazy but not really. She tells Akira she's exited about the MC, kindred spirit kinda of vibes because the them being 'killers'. Seemed like she's just trying to connect. Probably doesn't have friends/life much outside of hanging around Akira.

dengl

Jul 19, 2018
:unsure:

See, I dont recall singling out anyone in particular but somehow you felt prompted to quote me. Looks like I struck a nerve. Actually, even though I don't agree with you(I didnt find anything "humiliating" in this update), I thought your last comment on the topic was rather fair.

Which is fine in general. The whole things is overblown though.

But uh sure man, this is definitely me "losing my cool" over some "snarky" and not at all misleading comments. You are free to think w/e, I'm not here to change your mind. Just adding my thoughts to the others so that when new players come in they at least have a change of not getting a one sided opinion, and trying it themselves to make up their own mind. Seems like it's working based on what I am seeing.

Thats pretty much it.
I don't understand what is it with nosediving MC and LI as well. Maybe people just want a harem game with flat and linear or non-existing character growth gets fucked by MC's magic dick?

I almost stopped myself from playing because I read something about femdom or humiliation but holy shit people crying over some power play from LIs? MC is not your usual chosen one with some godly abilities, a normal soldier maybe a smart one at best. Getting blackmailed by someone with obvious power who owned half of the city and threatened by a psycho guard was that triggering? Or do people just expect they all fall in love with MC on first sight.

I understand the part where some would get triggered for being threatened by LI but it's in that situation they are the ones in power and MC is simply an expendable soldier in their eyes, since this is a harem game was it that hard to predict when they eventually lower their guards and come around to MC? Or do people just want to see them fell for his charm and words and get dicked down upon 1 chapter of meeting. Maybe go look for some other harem game where story is nonexistent because those bored me out. Again I said this is me looking at the story with growth curves for the LIs, maybe people do not care about characters growth in a harem game then oh well...
Unless the later story slap me in the face where Akira and Val DO NOT have their characters growth then forget everything I've ever said but I strongly doubt that.

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
So, Akira couldn't just ask the mc for help it had to be blackmail because the "strong female character" has to call the shots.
Valentine and the mc just couldn't be equals, could they? The "strong female character" has to be better.
What the fuck happened to Sam between the 2nd and 3rd release? Why was her hostility dialed up to 11?

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
My feeling was that it fit her character really well. Kind of random/crazy but not really. She tells Akira she's exited about the MC, kindred spirit kinda of vibes because the them being 'killers'. Seemed like she's just trying to connect. Probably doesn't have friends/life much outside of hanging around Akira.
Yea I thought about that angle as well, still I would have preferred that to happen after a bit more interaction between the two.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Uzhirian

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
So, Akira couldn't just ask the mc for help it had to be blackmail because the "strong female character" has to call the shots.
Valentine and the mc just couldn't be equals, could they? The "strong female character" has to be better.
What the fuck happened to Sam between the 2nd and 3rd release? Why was her hostility dialed up to 11?
Because she quite obviously has abandonment issues and is kind of obsessed over the MC? She thought he left again and is pissed. Pretty obvious from the first update when MC stepped through their door. This is not me bad mouthing her by the way. I still like Sam just as much, but it is what is apparent.

dengl

Jul 19, 2018
Did I misinterpret the story or what? It is not about "strong female character".
The Price isn't exactly saint or the good side of the coin. Akira is being portrayed as the princess of the evil empire and Val is a relentless killer. I don't know why but I can't imagine them would treat lower people as equals, definitely not now. It's not like she really needed help, more like a convenient tool because MC walked right into the trap. I can only agree what other people said earlier, MC is kinda stupid and reckless in his way.
Hostility? Isn't it just her being jealous and obsessed? Not like she's really mad at MC anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: HeavenlyBusboy

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
She doesn't want help, she wants someone to do off the books work for her upcoming business empire.

There is a difference between "strong female characters" (which this isn't) and strong characters who happen to be female. The former is the shite Hollywood loves these days who's actions are all solely done for the purposes of putting down men around them to make themselves appear in charge or in power or promote gender politics.

Akira might be blackmailing the MC into doing work for her, even being snarky and condescending but it fits in character personality and the power play she's making and despite that she clearly offers respect in return (in her own way, enough not to counter her control of the situation though) by offering pay and benefits + answering questions honestly (that we know) + engaging/allowing their snarky banter etc and not just being all admiral holdo purple hair admonishing him for his manly stupidly.

Better than MC according to herself only from what I read. A character being confident and having an ego are not bad writing. And if the characters isn't poorly written with intent to crush manliness around it then it's not qualifying as a "strong female character".

Because the MC went out to do a risky thing and then never came back and didnt contact them all night and all the following day? Oh yeah and then with her being total hot for MC she finds him lying half naked under a half naked woman she thinks is a hooker shortly after? On this one I have to ask if you read the dialogue even?

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
I think I already mentioned this somewhere in the thread, but I really like the MC here. He's cool, he's aloof, he looks good (which makes me question why 90% of HS2 devs use the same dude) and he's got quite a bit of backstory plus a big mouth. He's also a weirdo. He's more than just "the dude" through whose eyes we're simply looking at one exquisite pair of tits after the other.

The story is interesting and the characters are super nice.

The main selling point is the well written dialogue. I feel that AE took to heart the 'complaints' that every conversation ends up in this playful back-and-forth banter and decided to show that he does have a _very_ convincing b-game. The MC's and Sam's talk was a welcome one. I love that she accepts him as the killer he is instead of it being an issue that'll be tip-toed around for ages to come.

Also loved the little conversation Akira and Valentine had after the MC left the classroom. The update had a couple intense moments. Cool as hell.

I hope we'll be there to help in 0.4.
------------

But now, the negative. The first update maybe gave me the wrong impression, but with Sam being _that_ bold and naughty, I would've hoped for more sexy content with the two sisters. Cas and Lily are hot as fuck and practically supervirgins so, in my experience, by the time they're close to having their first sex scenes the game will be on a 1 update every 15-18 months cycle, which is the rule when it comes to 'slow burn'-style stories, so I'm optimistically placing my hopes in Sam getting some action in 2024. The game is worth playing without these scenes, but will be much better with them.

The only other thing I can criticize is that I really want to know what the MC did during his time in the military. It's been brought up enough times now for me to get a little frustrated.

Other than that the game keeps being brilliant, engaging and fun to play.

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Totally don't agree with you here, and I think you're overreacting. The MC wasn't passive. He just wasn't in a situation where he could, at any point, just throw guns or violence at a problem to make it disappear. In my opinion, none of the woman have been either hateful or abusive in this update.

Akira is, to me, not a femdom character. She's cold, scheming and knows she has the upper hand. Still, the MC manages to fuck with her multiple times, whether it's on the phone to get her to send a sexy selfie or in the library by making her 'lose' the daring game. I think this is going into the opposite direction of what you're thinking. He challenges her and she wins by, ultimately, losing.

Valentine's a psycho who's intrigued with the MC because she recognizes herself in him. Both are broken.

Sam was angry at the MC and vented to her friend, like people do in these situations. Called him names and everything. Nothing hateful or abusive about it, though. There was never a doubt how much she cared about him, and clearly he knew, too.

The whole "if a man did it"-thing is bogus, especially in your last point. We CHOSE to let her hit us, and we KNEW it wouldn't cause an injury or whatever. And I'm sure she did, too. :)

--

It's all a lot to read but I think you're feeling betrayed by how the MC acted this update. Our character isn't superman. He was in a room with a killer that seems on par with him and an obviously powerful entity that he didn't know anything about. He listened to what she had to say, but never really submitted to her. He just knew better than to do dumb shit. Him finding Akira attractive doesn't make him a submissive guy, but rather a calculating one. It's like the strict, hot teacher fantasy that gives you shit in the classroom. You want to fuck her to put her in her place. That's the dynamic I'm seeing (in some, not the exact) way play out.

I think a lot of nuance got lost on you. Maybe give it another try and see things through another lense? I liked it and thought it was consistent with what I expected.

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
The only other thing I can criticize is that I really want to know what the MC did during his time in the military. It's been brought up enough times now for me to get a little frustrated.
I think this is the heart of the problem. The first two versions, we get a quippy MC with lighthearted banter between him and a few characters. This is the personality we can quite obviously expect from the MC, right?
Well, apparently he has some dark path we're not aware of that makes him a little more twisted than what we've been shown so far. Besides Frank, he's apparently some covert-ops assassin and we're just told this by a cun- woman who is using that information to blackmail the MC and we are expected to run with it. If the MC was supposed to be some cold-hearted killer, then maybe that would have changed the way some of us viewed the interaction with the bitch squa- Akira and Val.

People keep calling the MC broken because Val can relate to him but where are we shown this? We're not. We don't know his past. We don't know the type of person the dev sees him as because he hasn't shown us yet, outside of what Akira repeats to the MC in the classroom.

If an LI is forced upon you, then complaining that said LI is distasteful is completely fair.

The solution is quite simple, do not force LI on people. If Val and Akira are optional, then they can be portrayed as whatever dev wants.
The problem is two things: you have no agency over the MC's thoughts about what he thinks about them, and the dev giving us fake choices to make it seem like we can avoid the character. Kind of a shitty move, especially when you know the character is going to be divisive. Will she ultimately be forced? Honestly, remains to be seen. You can avoid licking her hand, but the MC sure seems smitten by her already.

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
The first part sounds like a criticaldrinker-complain at the wrong kind of character. Akira is a strong character, because she's resourceful, intelligent, wealthy, powerful and has an S-tier bodyguard. Has her flaws too, though. And something tells me she's not as bad as one might think right now.

As to what happened to Sam, that had me confused at first, too. Little bit of forced drama because the MC didn't show up at home when he was supposed to. Sam (and Lily) both spent too much time in their own heads thinking about what might've happened to him and for Sam it resulted in lots of anger. I think both sisters aren't all that well mentally, despite them being over the moon that our character is back.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
The problem is two things: you have no agency over the MC's thoughts about what he thinks about them, and the dev giving us fake choices to make it seem like we can avoid the character. Kind of a shitty move, especially when you know the character is going to be divisive. Will she ultimately be forced? Honestly, remains to be seen. You can avoid licking her hand, but the MC sure seems smitten by her already.
I agree, that's why I say that it is completely fair to complain about it. If the LI are forced (we'll see in EP4), then the game might as well be a Kinetic novel at that point.

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
I think this is the heart of the problem. The first two versions, we get a quippy MC with lighthearted banter between him and a few characters. This is the personality we can quite obviously expect from the MC, right?
Well, apparently he has some dark path we're not aware of that makes him a little more twisted than what we've been shown so far. Besides Frank, he's apparently some covert-ops assassin and we're just told this by a cun- woman who is using that information to blackmail the MC and we are expected to run with it. If the MC was supposed to be some cold-hearted killer, then maybe that would have changed the way some of us viewed the interaction with the bitch squa- Akira and Val.

People keep calling the MC broken because Val can relate to him but where are we shown this? We're not. We don't know his past. We don't know the type of person the dev sees him as because he hasn't shown us yet, outside of what Akira repeats to the MC in the classroom.
Well, it's a quippy, lighthearted MC who also happens to just blow Lily's stalker's brains out if you choose to do that - which I did. I didn't get the impression that he's all that simple. The banter as well as the attitude are clearly used as a mask; as a means to communicate with people he would otherwise have issues talking to. When Valentine "recognized" him in the very beginning I knew that this guy was a walking threat, because Valentine fits the 'psycho ultra strong bodyguard'-theme pretty well. Beast recognizes beast. Still, he came back for Lily and Sam. So he still has a heart. He's multi-faceted.

I don't like femdom at all, but I like Akira. She's the typical ice queen that our MC will have a great time messing with. He already knows how to play her and it's only going to get better. (I hope)

4.50 star(s) 54 Votes