4.50 star(s) 54 Votes

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
Alexa, remind me to post on Patreon every X weeks starting today.

Just kidding. Or maybe not. Maybe a little.

Hoping that your faith in him is well placed and that I'm an idiot. Unfortunately that doesn't happen as often as I'd like.

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
Sadly, the meme of devs suffering all manner of health issues is all too real. I myself disappeared from my own Discord server for 8 months during a long covid / mental health breakdown. People were pissed and I totally get that. The flip side is when you're just unable to bring yourself to face the computer/social media, it can just be an impossible task. Note that I'm talking about me now, and not trying to make any excuses for anybody else. I can only speak for myself and my own experiences.

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
Sadly, the meme of devs suffering all manner of health issues is all too real. I myself disappeared from my own Discord server for 8 months during a long covid / mental health breakdown. People were pissed and I totally get that. The flip side is when you're just unable to bring yourself to face the computer/social media, it can just be an impossible task. Note that I'm talking about me now, and not trying to make any excuses for anybody else. I can only speak for myself and my own experiences.
That's the main problem of many abandoned games. Devs hit a wall, avoid the social media because of it. Frustration build up in both side, then when the dev finally realize he should really get in touch with his supporters they trash him (and it's justified) then here comes the snowball. As the dev receive more hate when he communicate than when he didn't. It creates a bad environment then the game is dropped.

Reactions: someone666xxx

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
Just finished playing this one and sad to read here how long it's been since the last update. I hope the dev can sort their shit out and settle into a productive routine again, I really like the game. The LIs are great, the writing is solid, and the humor is on point. I'd hate to see this one fizzle out when it shows so much promise.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

Hey everyone, wanted to do a quick update to let you know how it's going and possibly even provide a bit of justification for why the update is still in development.

So first of all, the script for 0.4k is nearing 30k words at the moment, and it's not quite done yet. That used to be the hardest thing, so I'm happy to report good progress has been and is still being made there.

The thing I've really been taking my time with lately is the art. I discovered a very powerful but very tricky method to inject post-processing to make the game look better called ReShade. If you've ever used ReShade, you're probably scratching your head and thinking, "Don't you just install presets and pick one you like?"

Well yes, but also no. Most presets are tailored to specific games and aren't necessarily a one-stop-shop for all environments. Nothing I found was up to my personal standards in the environment I was attempting to utilize them, so I made my own. A lot of them. Over the last few months, I've been learning the intricacies of using ReShade to pretty much replace graphics mod in Studio Neo. To get to the point where I could reliably craft a scene and preset from scratch--and make it look respectable--has been a fucking journey and a half.

You may ask: If it's that tedious, why bother in the first place?

Well, ReShade does do a lot of things graphics mod doesn't, but there's one thing in particular that's really convinced me to keep using it, and that's the crazy advanced lighting stuff you can do. Also it doesn't crash my game, or bug out and force me to restart studio, or any number of other annoying things the old graphics mod does.

Now, I won't say that what I'm doing with ReShade is impossible with graphics mod, but keep in mind I've been using graphics mod a lot longer than I've used ReShade and already I'm generally far more satisfied with the results of the latter. I'll post a few comparisons so you can judge for yourself.

Disclaimer: Potentially nothing but my own suck causing any real or perceived disparities in quality.
Top: Graphics Mod
Bottom: ReShade

HD album:
Stupid thumbnails below

1718590589087.png

Old

1718590617010.png

New

1718590634707.png

Old

1718590650631.png

New

1718590671207.png

Old

1718590684860.png

To me, it kinda feels like getting one of those next-gen graphics updates to the game. Some of the lighting in these scenes looks so good it's actually baffling. That's not me tooting my own horn, but moreso the power of the tool.

Anyway, I figured I'd show these particular images because I've shown most of them before. I'm not really huge into spoilers, so I'll leave it there.

For everyone who's still here, thanks for sticking with me while I figure my shit out. I don't see any particular reason the next update should take nearly this long, but I won't completely jinx myself by making that guarantee.

'Til next time.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Well, it's pretty decent but my only critique would be that the kitchen scene is completely outta left field. Then characters seem to ignore it even happens 4 scenes later. Feel like it would have been better off with it being a dream from the one snoozing, or a daydream of the other. Slapping a lewd scene in for the sake of it doesn't really work well when the game seemingly wants to have a semi coherent story to it.

I see it was brought up before and the reasoning seems to be she's a "slut for the MC" but I mean... it still doesn't land properly when that scene is that sudden and then completely ignored by the character in following scenes together like it never happened or progressed their relationship in any way whatsoever. Remove that scene and nothing would change with how they interact with each other.

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
Well, it's pretty decent but my only critique would be that the kitchen scene is completely outta left field. Then characters seem to ignore it even happens 4 scenes later. Feel like it would have been better off with it being a dream from the one snoozing, or a daydream of the other. Slapping a lewd scene in for the sake of it doesn't really work well when the game seemingly wants to have a semi coherent story to it.

I see it was brought up before and the reasoning seems to be she's a "slut for the MC" but I mean... it still doesn't land properly when that scene is that sudden and then completely ignored by the character in following scenes together like it never happened or progressed their relationship in any way whatsoever. Remove that scene and nothing would change with how they interact with each other.
August would be the first to agree with you. He has since expressed regret at including it in the game. I can't speak for him, but there's at least a small chance that an update will have that particular choice removed.

Reactions: Twistty

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Gave this one a go.

First and foremost, the girls look spectacular. Very nice work on them! Especially the hair, which commonly gets in the way or looks bad - but not here!
MC also doesn't look bad at all, which is rare in HS games.

I have some pointers about it:
-Thinks I didn't like-
- The lack of music. There are some at the beginning, but as you go on it becomes rarer or even non-existent.
- The lewd with the sisters at breakfast. It feels it came out of nowhere and Sam looks too desperate for MC's cock. They've seen each other for not even one entire day after he came back!
- How mostly every NPC looks like a HS2 stock doll. It feels like August City is in Japan.
- We're not explained how MC saved the sisters back then to the point they almost worship him. Not much relationship evolution space between MC and the sisters.
- The MC acts like a jerk a lot of times. The entire Flipper Burger situation was unecessary, tbh.
- Too many one-line MC thoughts. They could be condensed.
- Valentine might be a vampire - she's grey!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

-Thinks I liked-
- The tiny Darth Vader plague mask cultist character seems pretty interesting. I wonder if she's connected to the cult under Casper's house...
- As said before, the girls. Daaaaamn, all of them are gorgeous. And this one takes the top spot:
- The personality of the girls. They're all pretty distinct and interesting.
- The plot was a bit confusing at the start, but once Akira gets involved things become much more absorbing.
- I bet Lucas will show up later. Always cool to have a bro character.
- The elf mall scene was quite entertaining, as well as Lily's convo while preparing breakfast.
- Casper has legs for days :love:
- The stalker part was nicely done
- Valentina is a fun weirdo

All in all, a quite nice game. Too bad the latest update already had a birthday...

Reactions: HanBoston
4.50 star(s) 54 Votes