4.50 star(s) 57 Votes

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
The truth is that I have no interest in Valentine either. And that's not going to change in the future no matter what happens.
is that cause she is working for Akira / forced herself into our house and sleep over im just curious on that one. Initially I didn't like Valentine at all but that texting scene was so cute which showed a different side to her. Which now I want to explore that side and learn more about her as I no longer know how I feel about her compared to the other characters.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
is that cause she is working for Akira / forced herself into our house and sleep over im just curious on that one. Initially I didn't like Valentine at all but that texting scene was so cute which showed a different side to her. Which now I want to explore that side and learn more about her as I no longer know how I feel about her compared to the other characters.
She was part of the blackmail against the MC, for me that's enough to rule her out forever.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
She was part of the blackmail against the MC, for me that's enough to rule her out forever.
hmm I don't agree with that, as she was more of the muscle / assassin for her. Unless you are counting how she pulled a knife to the MC's neck and didn't let him leave. For me the blackmail is only on Akira not on Valentine. What is on Valentine is being associated with Akira when she knows what she has her do is wrong. But Valentine seems to not care about right or wrong anyways.

Wolfram99

Aug 20, 2023
hmm I don't agree with that, as she was more of the muscle / assassin for her. Unless you are counting how she pulled a knife to the MC's neck and didn't let him leave. For me the blackmail is only on Akira not on Valentine. What is on Valentine is being associated with Akira when she knows what she has her do is wrong. But Valentine seems to not care about right or wrong anyways.
Not caring about right or wrong does not excuse being a part of the blackmail.
Writing yourself out of this mess when you tried to make a "quirky" LI which is semi-forced, will be a herculean challenge.
Redemption arcs are notoriously difficult to execute properly.

Reactions: BlasKyau

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Not caring about right or wrong does not excuse being a part of the blackmail.
Writing yourself out of this mess when you tried to make a "quirky" LI which is semi-forced, will be a herculean challenge.
Redemption arcs are notoriously difficult to execute properly.
I just don't see her being part of the blackmail personally. Unless she knew she was going to blackmail him from the start , which I do not know. I see Valentine more being guilty of being associated with Akira and doing whatever awful deeds she has ordered her to do in the past. But blackmail in that scene nope don't see her being part of it or blame her for it at all unless not leading the MC leave counts to you. For me I blame her / didn't like her for threatening the MC's life by putting a knife to his neck but not the blackmail part. I can understand why you and other might consider her being part of the blackmail but I see it more of her doing her job instead of being part of it.

Wolfram99

Aug 20, 2023
I just don't see her being part of the blackmail personally. Unless she knew she was going to blackmail him from the start , which I do not know. I see Valentine more being guilty of being associated with Akira and doing whatever awful deeds she has ordered her to do in the past. But blackmail in that scene nope don't see her being part of it or blame her for it at all unless not leading the MC leave counts to you. For me I blame her / didn't like her for threatening the MC's life by putting a knife to his neck but not the blackmail part. I can understand why you and other might consider her being part of the blackmail but I see it more of her doing her job instead of being part of it.
Being a "muscle" of a "criminal" boss makes her complicit in the crimes that the boss commits.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Being a "muscle" of a "criminal" boss makes her complicit in the crimes that the boss commits.
yeah im not arguing that im just saying I don't see her being part of the blackmail portion of it unless she had prior knowledge that was the plan. She is complicit in helping her yes by threatening the MC's life. But unless Valentine knew blackmail was the plan she very well could of thought she would of been ordered to kill the MC or Akira was just going to threaten the MC, which is why I just do not see it her being complicit in the blackmail but rather assault. It's fine if you see it differently but I just dont see it the same.

Wolfram99

Aug 20, 2023
yeah im not arguing that im just saying I don't see her being part of the blackmail portion of it unless she had prior knowledge that was the plan. She is complicit in helping her yes by threatening the MC's life. But unless Valentine knew blackmail was the plan she very well could of thought she would of been ordered to kill the MC or Akira was just going to threaten the MC, which is why I just do not see it her being complicit in the blackmail but rather assault. It's fine if you see it differently but I just dont see it the same.
By protecting the criminal while he/she does criminal stuff, makes you an accessory to those criminal activities and no lesser part of the crime being committed.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
By protecting the criminal while he/she does criminal stuff, makes you an accessory to those criminal activities and no lesser part of the crime being committed.
like I said we see it differently, nothing you say is going to convince me otherwise. I gave you my reasons why I don't see it the same. I mostly agree with you just not on the blackmail part, everything else I do.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Unless you are counting how she pulled a knife to the MC's neck and didn't let him leave.
Exactly, you have said it yourself, that makes her an accomplice, ergo part of the blackmail.

For me the blackmail is only on Akira not on Valentine. What is on Valentine is being associated with Akira when she knows what she has her do is wrong. But Valentine seems to not care about right or wrong anyways.
The truth is that I don't find it relevant at all whether or not Valentine knew beforehand that the blackmail was going to take place.

Reactions: Dessolos

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Exactly, you have said it yourself, that makes her an accomplice, ergo part of the blackmail.

The truth is that I don't find it relevant at all whether or not Valentine knew beforehand that the blackmail was going to take place.
I see my guess was right. Fair enough I can understand why you and others would feel that way I just see it differently. I used to hate Valentine tho for the stunt she pulled with the knife but after that texting scene , im conflicted and feel there is more to her than her awful first impression. But im a forgiving person and don't play by immersing my self so I find it easier to not find it a big deal and easy to forgive.

Fapparition

Dec 25, 2022
I replayed the AVN to refresh my memory.
So, Demian decided to take usb drive with intel linked to Price despite knowing who he is and without any good reason, purely out of curiosity. He could just leave it there but no. By doing so he messed up Akira's plan who is clearly fights against her father (who is obviously "a baddie"). Because of that Akira decided to make Demian her pawn not to kill him. "You've messed things up so you are going to make it up for me" kind of logic. How she did it? Used Demian's criminal past to blackmail him.

I would understand if people started to point fingers at both MC and Akira. I would understand if people criticized Demian's actions. But whining solely about Akira's course of action? Huh? I'm so confused

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I replayed the AVN to refresh my memory.
So, Demian decided to take usb drive with intel linked to Price despite knowing who he is and without any good reason, purely out of curiosity. He could just leave it there but no. By doing so he messed up Akira's plan who is clearly fights against her father (who is obviously "a baddie"). Because of that Akira decided to make Demian her pawn not to kill him. "You've messed things up so you are going to make it up for me" kind of logic. How she did it? Used Demian's criminal past to blackmail him.

I would understand if people started to point fingers at both MC and Akira. I would understand if people criticized Demian's actions. But whining solely about Akira's course of action? Huh? I'm so confused
I play immersively, so the way I see it, she has blackmailed the MC (aka me), and therefore I don't give a shit if she has reasons for it or not.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
actually great writing, with incredible banter in dialogs. I laughed out loud at some of the lines.
it's still pretty much the prologue at this point. and progress seems really slow.
and clearly we are not here for the lewd scenes as there is only one :D

no update from the dev since june though, could be worrying, but the update felt promising.

Valentine is Akira's confidente. she clearly knew going in what Akira planned to do with the MC, there is absolutely zero doubt about that. she is 200% part of the blackmail from start to finish. she also provided proof of MC committing murder if you decide to kill Frank, she was there in the motel, and was the one listening in and seeing MC's face, which she reported to Akira. Moreover, she carries a weapon when MC doesn't, and prevents the MC from moving against Akira, so she tilts the balance of power to increase the pressure on MC to be forced to accept the deal, and she knows.
and the texting scene that you find cute is also part of the blackmail. she is sent there to remind MC that they are still watching him and they can drop in his home anytime and stay there, he can't do anything about it.
the only escape MC has is plot armor and being an AVN MC with a magic dick... relationships shift, loyalties sway, and they will need MC more than he needs them.

I play immersively, so the way I see it, she has blackmailed the MC (aka me), and therefore I don't give a shit if she has reasons for it or not.
indeed. she could have started by asking nicely first, at least. she said she preferred loyalty over fear, claimed she prefers the carrot over the stick, but she start immediately with fear and the stick... xD like, she had zero credibility as a leader after that. it would have been much better for her to make a deal as equals where she promises to get rid of MC's bad military records in exchange for his help. it is implied she is testing him and his usefulness with the first assignment, but let's be real, she already knows he is useful after reading his file, and seeing him still alive, adding to that Valentine's evaluation.
it will be fun to watch Akira's walls crumble down for MC though. the lick scene just confirms she is still a kid.

just to be clear, I don't hate her. she is a good character. and could be a good LI, we don't know enough yet.

and MC was super dumb, he got a text to go somewhere, and he just went. there was no need for him to go. yeah, people know he got the drive, yeah, they got his number. so what ? he could just ignore it until they really pressure him to meet. he also went it completely unprepared, no plan, no escape route, no weapon, no leverage.

and the worse part, in the end, the flash drive is just forgotten completely from the story after the first threat. it doesn't matter anymore, she doesn't ask for it back, and MC doesn't try to open it.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Valentine is Akira's confidente. she clearly knew going in what Akira planned to do with the MC, there is absolutely zero doubt about that. she is 200% part of the blackmail from start to finish. she also provided proof of MC committing murder if you decide to kill Frank, she was there in the motel, and was the one listening in and seeing MC's face, which she reported to Akira. Moreover, she carries a weapon when MC doesn't, and prevents the MC from moving against Akira, so she tilts the balance of power to increase the pressure on MC to be forced to accept the deal, and she knows.
and the texting scene that you find cute is also part of the blackmail. she is sent there to remind MC that they are still watching him and they can drop in his home anytime and stay there, he can't do anything about it.
the only escape MC has is plot armor and being an AVN MC with a magic dick... relationships shift, loyalties sway, and they will need MC more than he needs them.
See I forgot she part of the motel stuff that went on behind the scenes. Then yeah I agree but if she wasn't then I wouldn't at least from my point of view. I'm not sure I agree the texting scene is part of the blackmail tho her showing up was but the whole texting part felt to me was she just being herself for once and forgetting about the real reason she was there.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
See I forgot she part of the motel stuff that went on behind the scenes. Then yeah I agree but if she wasn't then I wouldn't at least from my point of view. I'm not sure I agree the texting scene is part of the blackmail tho her showing up was but the whole texting part felt to me was she just being herself for once and forgetting about the real reason she was there.
yeah, her mission was only showing up at MC's home and stay there. she didn't forget the reason she was there, but she clearly gave the impression that she relaxed. even if she didn't drop her guard completely, MC is not really a threat.

we don't know her motivations though, and the reasons she follows Akira.
we don't know if they really do bad things either. it's only implied that Valentine uses her skills, but it could be to defend Akira, and Valentine is really a reformed assassin/soldier that follows Akira because she wants to do good through her boss, and only killing bad guys like Dexter. while Akira tries to prevent all the shady and evil shit her father and his company does, like human experiments or cult stuff.
when Akira asked if Valentine could win against MC, it's implied the way Val would win would be cruel or gruesome, or evil even, which could be a subtle hint that Akira doesn't like doing bad things.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
indeed. she could have started by asking nicely first, at least. she said she preferred loyalty over fear, claimed she prefers the carrot over the stick, but she start immediately with fear and the stick... xD like, she had zero credibility as a leader after that. it would have been much better for her to make a deal as equals where she promises to get rid of MC's bad military records in exchange for his help. it is implied she is testing him and his usefulness with the first assignment, but let's be real, she already knows he is useful after reading his file, and seeing him still alive, adding to that Valentine's evaluation.
If she hadn't blackmailed the MC, she would be a LI. Since she's done what she did, she's not a LI.

it will be fun to watch Akira's walls crumble down for MC though. the lick scene just confirms she is still a kid.
What lick scene?

just to be clear, I don't hate her. she is a good character. and could be a good LI, we don't know enough yet.
In my opinion I already know enough to rule her out as LI.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
If she hadn't blackmailed the MC, she would be a LI. Since she's done what she did, she's not a LI.

What lick scene?

In my opinion I already know enough to rule her out as LI.
the lick scene in the library.

you are mad at her, it's understandable. but hearing her out after we learn more about her story and what she is actually doing is the mature thing to do. doesn't mean you are forced to be with her. but doesn't have to rule it out entirely either. first, she hasn't threatened MC's loved ones, that's an important point, because I think that was what Valentine implied when thinking about fighting him. then she didn't harm him in any way. she is very cautious and keeps him at arm's length for now, and gauging his worth. she doesn't trust easily, which is understandable for someone like her. and if you read it carefully, she didn't actually threaten MC. she only suggested it would be bad that MC's former commanding officers get their hands on the information she got. she didn't say she would do it if MC didn't obey. there is a very fine nuanced line that she wants to keep walking to keep her conscience and sanity, I think. she only lets MC think she *could* do it.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
the lick scene in the library.
I guess it's a scene in the library that I haven't done. In fact, I think it's a scene I didn't even have the option to do.

you are mad at her, it's understandable. but hearing her out after we learn more about her story and what she is actually doing is the mature thing to do. doesn't mean you are forced to be with her. but doesn't have to rule it out entirely either. first, she hasn't threatened MC's loved ones, that's an important point, because I think that was what Valentine implied when thinking about fighting him. then she didn't harm him in any way. she is very cautious and keeps him at arm's length for now, and gauging his worth. she doesn't trust easily, which is understandable for someone like her. and if you read it carefully, she didn't actually threaten MC. she only suggested it would be bad that MC's former commanding officers get their hands on the information she got. she didn't say she would do it if MC didn't obey. there is a very fine nuanced line that she wants to keep walking to keep her conscience and sanity, I think. she only lets MC think she *could* do it.
My intention is to not give her any points, for now she has 0 and I'm going to keep it that way. As I said before, I don't need to know anything else about her to be 100% sure that I'm not interested in her romantically.

4.50 star(s) 57 Votes