Mod RPGM Urban Demons v.0.9.5 MOD [Xalenda Mod)

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Should ‘Grandma’ be a part of the game or not?

• Yeah!

Votes: 160 65.8%
  • Yes, but only as bonus content.

Votes: 38 15.6%
  • No way!

Votes: 45 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
You know, you might want to consider the option of cutting down the gameplay and turn this into a purely visual novel style game. Considering the purity path isn't changed at all which making the corruption path the only path, this mod is more linage than the original game, which would also fit the VN style quite well as well.
or use a more...recent version of rpgm

SSJ3Monkey

Nov 11, 2017
You know, you might want to consider the option of cutting down the gameplay and turn this into a purely visual novel style game. Considering the purity path isn't changed at all which making the corruption path the only path, this mod is more linage than the original game, which would also fit the VN style quite well as well.
God no. Please don't. VNs suck. They're so fucking boring. They're not games, they're just click-through bullshit.

sarin555

Jul 3, 2017
I am not familiar with how rpgm work. How different are they from the current one? Is it more convenient? Easy to learn? Does it require massive porting of assets? Do you think Xalenda, who barely have a time to work on this, have the extra time to learn the rope of a new engine? I don't know any of these, so do explain further. I am being genuine here, please explain why moving and devoting time to learning a new engine is worth more than either continue as is or change the way the current game work.

God no. Please don't. VNs suck. They're so fucking boring. They're not games, they're just click-through bullshit.
If I want a game, I would either go for F95 mod version or the original Nergal version. I don't want to offend Xalenda, but as it stand the current version of the game is not functioning that well and they have no time to work on it. Like I also said, only corruption path have new content so it's already linear, you just have to grind corruption point. I know I said VN, but I don't mean it like cutting everything down to just showing sequences after sequences like that. More roaming around, use your power once on a specific girl to advance to the next corruption stage, girls still have their schedule, etc., just cut off the grind, the mini-game, and the headache for everyone including the dev. What I am saying is, concise this down.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I am not familiar with how rpgm work. How different are they from the current one? Is it more convenient? Easy to learn? Does it require massive porting of assets? Do you think Xalenda, who barely have a time to work on this, have the extra time to learn the rope of a new engine? I don't know any of these, so do explain further. I am being genuine here, please explain why moving and devoting time to learning a new engine is worth more than either continue as is or change the way the current game work.
there are different versions of rpgm, mostly have more features

for example, the version of rpgm used in the main game Urban Demon don't allow you to enlarge the window normally(and only to use a 1280x800 resolution or something when you're in fullscreen mode), nor to use the mouse to move around, which for someone(me among them fyi) can be quite annoying

but it's still rpgm so i don't know if it makes a difference, made by the same developers, so it shouldn't be THAT different but i'm no expert

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
The very original idea was to streamline the game so the amount of grinding was lessened, but that changed to just Corruption, and finally dismissed the Purity aspect altogether, as it didn't lend itself to the changes I was making to the overall story. While that does make the game more linear in how you progress, ultimately I just found the Purity route boring and trite.

And yes, I was considering remaking the game as a more typical VN, but then I'd have to figure out yet another program and I was already fairly adept at tinkering with RMVXA, so the idea was tossed.

Blame Nergal for this, if you want - the base game, made by him, was on this version of RPG Maker, and Chilly's mod (which I stole "borrowed") didn't transition away, as RMMV wasn't out yet. VXAce was the best at the time.

I am not familiar with how rpgm work. How different are they from the current one? Is it more convenient? Easy to learn? Does it require massive porting of assets? Do you think Xalenda, who barely have a time to work on this, have the extra time to learn the rope of a new engine? ...but as it stand the current version of the game is not functioning that well and they have no time to work on it... What I am saying is, concise this down.
There's a lot to go over here.

Every version of RPG Maker runs a different engine and scripting style, so they all feel and act differently in creation, debugging, running, etc. It's like the difference between Final Fantasy and Zelda - two very different games, utilizing wildly different mechanisms, ultimately different beasts.

The newest version of RPG Maker is a lot more streamlined and could be considered "easier", but it really all depends on how much time you spend learning it. For instance, I have 328 hours of MV usage, but over 6,000 hrs in VXA (mostly due to this mod). I just know more with it because I used it more.

Porting is... tricky. This game utilizes a different scaling than other games (1260x900 vs. 800x600), so maps, items, characters, scenes, and everything else had to be scaled appropriately, and moving it from VXA to MV was proving too tricky for me to figure out. MZ (newest version) can now port things over, but it also A) wasn't available at the time, and B) costs more than I'm willing to pay.

It's not just the time investment, but also the fact that this was, again, supposed to be a quick-and-dirty mod that blossomed into its own thing and got crazier as time went on. Eventually, it became a second job, only without a paycheck, with just me doing the coding, debugging, writing, scripting, etc. I had help for a variety of things too, especially with things like additional music and bug-finding, but it was just too much for me to handle by myself, and I burnt out. I just can't do it anymore.

And if you were to shave this down, you'd ultimately lose that which makes it a game - it just becomes a series of still images and looping gifs with words on the screen, interspersed with random bits of "playable" sections that lead to more naughty images. In my attempt to remake the game, I tried to cut down a lot of grindier aspects, but there needed to be a reason to come back time and time again to experience what had changed.

In any case, hope that answered a few questions and cleared a few things up. And feel free to drop me a line, personal message, whatever.

Toodles~!

BOREALUM

Nov 30, 2018
Yeah, I reeeeealy wanted to enjoy the mod but there is just too many bugs that are blocking the progress, like kimberly and toilet black screen, donna knocking bug after the exam, sydney bug at 30 corruption zero hearts at tv, and I encountered those back to back within 15 minutes of playtime. But I see the heart behind all that, I really do, and I wish the dev well and if he will ever find an inspiration to finish or at least polish it more, I will come running immediately.

Aug 3, 2020
The very original idea was to streamline the game so the amount of grinding was lessened, but that changed to just Corruption, and finally dismissed the Purity aspect altogether, as it didn't lend itself to the changes I was making to the overall story. While that does make the game more linear in how you progress, ultimately I just found the Purity route boring and trite.

And yes, I was considering remaking the game as a more typical VN, but then I'd have to figure out yet another program and I was already fairly adept at tinkering with RMVXA, so the idea was tossed.

Blame Nergal for this, if you want - the base game, made by him, was on this version of RPG Maker, and Chilly's mod (which I stole "borrowed") didn't transition away, as RMMV wasn't out yet. VXAce was the best at the time.

There's a lot to go over here.

Every version of RPG Maker runs a different engine and scripting style, so they all feel and act differently in creation, debugging, running, etc. It's like the difference between Final Fantasy and Zelda - two very different games, utilizing wildly different mechanisms, ultimately different beasts.

The newest version of RPG Maker is a lot more streamlined and could be considered "easier", but it really all depends on how much time you spend learning it. For instance, I have 328 hours of MV usage, but over 6,000 hrs in VXA (mostly due to this mod). I just know more with it because I used it more.

Porting is... tricky. This game utilizes a different scaling than other games (1260x900 vs. 800x600), so maps, items, characters, scenes, and everything else had to be scaled appropriately, and moving it from VXA to MV was proving too tricky for me to figure out. MZ (newest version) can now port things over, but it also A) wasn't available at the time, and B) costs more than I'm willing to pay.

It's not just the time investment, but also the fact that this was, again, supposed to be a quick-and-dirty mod that blossomed into its own thing and got crazier as time went on. Eventually, it became a second job, only without a paycheck, with just me doing the coding, debugging, writing, scripting, etc. I had help for a variety of things too, especially with things like additional music and bug-finding, but it was just too much for me to handle by myself, and I burnt out. I just can't do it anymore.

And if you were to shave this down, you'd ultimately lose that which makes it a game - it just becomes a series of still images and looping gifs with words on the screen, interspersed with random bits of "playable" sections that lead to more naughty images. In my attempt to remake the game, I tried to cut down a lot of grindier aspects, but there needed to be a reason to come back time and time again to experience what had changed.

In any case, hope that answered a few questions and cleared a few things up. And feel free to drop me a line, personal message, whatever.

Toodles~!
Want to streamline the game? Just make the default option for Q button(in event 53) call event 10:advance day. much better solution than whatever the fuck debug mode is supposed to be. no gamebreaking bugs and you can scroll throu entire week in 2 minutes.

anomynoos12343

Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting stuck on the knocking bug after the Donna checkup. I've tried the patch several times, but I can't get it to work. Help please?

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
Xalenda if you EVER then i guess could be more fitting to port this mod of yours on RPGMV.

Current engine is just too laggy when comes to scenes transitions and this is for sure a fact coming from vanilla which makes no difference whatsoever, but use whatever you like even if its still this engine.

pinoybubs98

Aug 6, 2019
Does anyone else get stuck at a certain point? I'm stuck on noon on a saturday cuz after i visit the nurse, my screen just turns black. Im still able to open the phone menu and the bgm still plays but I can't see anything. I didn't do anything funky this time like remove the barriers in the Nexus early. Can anyone help?

youngmoist

Aug 11, 2017
Does anyone else get stuck at a certain point? I'm stuck on noon on a saturday cuz after i visit the nurse, my screen just turns black. Im still able to open the phone menu and the bgm still plays but I can't see anything. I didn't do anything funky this time like remove the barriers in the Nexus early. Can anyone help?
Yeah this was the same bug I ran into. I fixed it following this post: https://f95zone.to/threads/urban-demons-v-0-9-5-mod-xalenda-mod.12399/post-7400944

Warning though even after fixing this there's still lots of bugs that make it hard to progress.

pinoybubs98

Aug 6, 2019
I ran into a few more bugs. The first one is with Kimberly in the park, I play hide and seek with her and find her first in the park ranger hut then try to take her to the bathroom where the game just black screens. The second bug is after I get Mrs. Jennings' house key. I already made a copy of it (after finding the thing of keys is the middle of the street in the neighborhood) but now anytime is approach one of the four doors in the neighborhood, little dude always says "I need to make a copy of Mrs. Jennings' house key." and it won't let me advance past that. I got to the point in Mrs. Jennings' relationship where she will titfuck or ride me after school. Any solutions anyone?

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
"Bonus Scenes" is a standalone side-mod. Its story continues on after the main character has succeeded, picking up several years later - but not everything is as it seems... (ooh, spooky~)

I wouldn't jump straight in if you haven't at least progressed story-wise as much as you can, otherwise it won't really make a lot of sense at the end. Not that it does even WITH all the backstory, to be fair.

Sep 27, 2018
hello, I'm sorry I don't speak (write) much but I've been following this mode since the beginning and I ended up getting into bug fixing to finally enjoy the game (I love xalanda's writing and the twiste bring to the game;)). But I don't understand how the script that launches the videos(sex,bj,...) works if someone could help me or explain to me how it works? (I'have corrected kaylee, kimberly, Amanda, Alison and almost Mrs Jennins)

Aug 3, 2020
hello, I'm sorry I don't speak (write) much but I've been following this mode since the beginning and I ended up getting into bug fixing to finally enjoy the game (I love xalanda's writing and the twiste bring to the game;)). But I don't understand how the script that launches the videos(sex,bj,...) works if someone could help me or explain to me how it works? (I'have corrected kaylee, kimberly, Amanda, Alison and almost Mrs Jennins)
Go into tools > script editor > game mechanics > nergals advanced scene play, whole script is there. The call(command) for playing a scene is on line 752, it has 3 arguments:
  1. scene_name this is name of csv file that holds the scene
  2. scene_count_var this is broken lmao set it to any number but 0
  3. actor_id this is id of character of which scene you want to call
so for example if I want arguments to play mom morning fuck I take:
  1. file name from UDXM\Data\Dialogues\Mom\mom-shower-fuck-corrupt.csv
  2. just write 1
  3. id of the actor which for mom is 2
go into event > insert > advanced > scripts and write in:
Code:
play_scene("mom-shower-fuck-corrupt",1,2)
you're done. Share the bugfixes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choyz
Aug 3, 2020
Go into tools > script editor > game mechanics > nergals advanced scene play, whole script is there. The call(command) for playing a scene is on line 752, it has 3 arguments:
  2. just write 1
Code:
play_scene("mom-shower-fuck-corrupt",77,2)
you're done.
as bonus tangent the variable scene_count_var behaves the same unless you set it to 0. Then it always plays first time dialogue. otherwise dialogue is decided based on character corruption stat.

the bug here is that game still plays first time dialogue for first time seeing scene in save file no matter the scene_count_var paremeter. I think Nergal tried to automate it but gave up halfway. Deleting the
Code:
 $game_variables[scene_count_var] += 1
from line 755 as well as
Code:
  if $game_variables[scene_count_var] == 0 then
      $game_variables[DIALOGUE_ROMANCE_LEVEL_VAR] = 1
      return
    end
from line 773 seems to fix it fine. Also fuck rpgmaker and fuck ruby, just in general.

Reactions: Choyz
Sep 27, 2018
  2. just write 1
Code:
play_scene("mom-shower-fuck-corrupt",77,2)
you're done. Share the bugfixes.
Thank you, I will be able to put back the scenes of Amanda and Alisonne in addition to finally correcting donna:cool: as soon as it's over I share.
(I am at 4 to 5 hours a day for 2 weeks for the fixigue bug, but I am coming to the end of the free period of rpgmaker if anyone knows a crack for rpgmaker vx ace)

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes