4.10 star(s) 53 Votes

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
If his post is accepted at face value, it is a slowmotion train wreck due to mixed up priorities.
He should drop everything that is not helping his health.

As the game does not help him, he would be well adviced to either suspend or shutdown patreon or get a coder in to finish it (glassfish art is done, so maybe money enough for a coder, the patreons would no doubt support it, it gives them a game and him peace).

But, it seems beyond him to let go, sadly, sense of obligation, habit etc. can run deep.
So the wheel will (probably) take another turn.

CrimsonINC

Sep 15, 2017
lmao Nergal's excuses are hilarious, he's a goddamn liar. His story about his doctor and mental health is bullshit. He's lazy and doesn't want to work on the game anymore.
Please keep in mind that Nergal is a member

Everyone please chill the fuck out.

Personal insults are against the forum rules. If it continues, I'll be awarding thread-bans.

hadinhvan

Jan 2, 2019
If you are in hope or a believer let me tell you a story . Everytime Nergal post a new update it's all about "get back to work" and "i'm in stress" . And then nothing for months . And then new update about "back to work" and "stress" . And then a loop repeated over and over again . So good bye and see you in few months lảter , with a "new nergal update" .
Good story sir

beanlord

Sep 23, 2017
yooo haven't played since the chillydude community mod is it worth a play through now that nergal is back ?

GatsbyGrey

Oct 7, 2017
I don't want to be "that guy", but from experience those dealing with stress/mental issues don't advertise it or make it an excuse. Some of the most happiest people you'll meet are secretly suffering, and you wouldn't even know it. It sounds to me like he's just dragging his feet, and felt obligated to post some form of update after so long. But if he is going through a tough time, I do hope for the best.

BackRunner

Jun 19, 2017
@beanlord
Its a mix of yes and no. Its good that Nergal is back but he's not "fully" into the development. Sure, Nergal may have released some pretty neat new scenes like the Mrs. Jennings School Doggy scene and the Kimberly Park Sex but its kinda bit held back because Nergal kinda overhauled the system and because of that some of the character ain't even in the game such as Donna and Neala (and don't bother asking about the Modded characters such as the Principal and Grandma).
Another thing is that Nergal isn't "fully" back yet. He kinda always says he's gonna release a new update and such but so far, we've only gotten like 4 updates and those updates are in the +0.0.1 kind of version updates. As in other than the major overhaul he did, most the next few updates are just bugfixes and such.
Now, Nergal if you are gonna read this, I ain't telling this as an insult but a fact, The development time is taking pretty long. If you are gonna say things like "gonna focus on making the game now", please make sure that you truly are focused. A lot of people are kinda get tired of the things you are saying that causes delays. I ain't gonna judge you since I don't know what's really happening to you but the rest of us ain't gonna be that understanding. Get some help either on the game or in your real life, depends on you.

77outlaw77

Feb 16, 2018
Hey man, I get that it's a self-defeating spiral. The more you promise to get work done, the more anxiety sets in over it and you feel like you can't work on it, and can't make yourself work on it. This disappoints people, and then you try to fix it the only way you feel like you can, by promising to do better- but then those promises just add to the anxiety that's paralyzing you in the first place.

It's rough, and I get that. Nergal, you made some pretty sweet games. They're almost universally liked and anticipated, and you can be proud of that. Personally, I think that A Zombie's Life, even barely finished, is one of the best games on this site.

Now let's look at some options here man. Urban Demons is pretty bogged down, but your overhaul added some quality content for sure. It sounds like you've got a plan for that, and you've got art for that. Maybe you should think about recruiting some people to help take the pressure off of you to delegate tasks to. Give them your notes and plans for scenes or areas and have them run some development before sending it in for you to compile and edit into the main game. Maybe talk to ChilliScholar and some of the guys over there, because they seem to be fairly familiar with the back end of the game, and eager to aid in development. You could probably recruit some people to contribute to the game. Hell, I'd help out where I could for free myself.

I know you're getting a lot of negativity around here, but it's not because you suck or because your games suck. You've just gotta figure out how to deliver on your promises, and you're gold. If it means delegating some work, then that's something you can make happen. Despite the negativity here, a lot of people have a lot of faith in how good your work is. You make good stuff man, and you can have some faith that if you put in the work, the result will be quality. Good luck, Nergal.

Emojis

Jul 18, 2017
How much playing this game contains. How many hours should i spend to finish
if you play the new version and you actually ( play with ya meat) up to 5 hours.
if you play the modded version I can say 8 hours. really depends on the person tbh. If you're playing the game and not ( spanking ya monkey ) then if should be 2 hours

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hey man, I get that it's a self-defeating spiral. The more you promise to get work done, the more anxiety sets in over it and you feel like you can't work on it, and can't make yourself work on it. This disappoints people, and then you try to fix it the only way you feel like you can, by promising to do better- but then those promises just add to the anxiety that's paralyzing you in the first place.

It's rough, and I get that. Nergal, you made some pretty sweet games. They're almost universally liked and anticipated, and you can be proud of that. Personally, I think that A Zombie's Life, even barely finished, is one of the best games on this site.

Now let's look at some options here man. Urban Demons is pretty bogged down, but your overhaul added some quality content for sure. It sounds like you've got a plan for that, and you've got art for that. Maybe you should think about recruiting some people to help take the pressure off of you to delegate tasks to. Give them your notes and plans for scenes or areas and have them run some development before sending it in for you to compile and edit into the main game. Maybe talk to ChilliScholar and some of the guys over there, because they seem to be fairly familiar with the back end of the game, and eager to aid in development. You could probably recruit some people to contribute to the game. Hell, I'd help out where I could for free myself.

I know you're getting a lot of negativity around here, but it's not because you suck or because your games suck. You've just gotta figure out how to deliver on your promises, and you're gold. If it means delegating some work, then that's something you can make happen. Despite the negativity here, a lot of people have a lot of faith in how good your work is. You make good stuff man, and you can have some faith that if you put in the work, the result will be quality. Good luck, Nergal.

If he was honest, he should have put his funding campaign on Patreon "on hold" many many many months ago. PERIOD.

I already told you, guys... this is the UNIVERSAL RULE I learned here on F95 Zone:

First Patreon Universal Rule: EVERYTIME THE AUTHOR STARTS TALKING ABOUT UNSPECIFIC PERSONAL ISSUES THE GAME IS 100% DOOMED.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Man, I left this thread for a little over a month and somehow I knew this was going to end up the way it did. Its always something with Nergal (Hopefully that's tame enough not to get me thread banned)

tsuande

Dec 3, 2017
I heard urban demons 0.10 Alpha was released to a few people for testing too bad I can't get any of them to leak it out though :(

4.10 star(s) 53 Votes