Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
A couple of nice representations is in a game called Seeds of Chaos
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I love these but they seem "mystical" or "magical" to me and currently I'm staying away from "magical" critters, going for a more realistic fantasy. This might change in the future, though.

hey, which books do i need to get from the book stores?
When you enter any book store, you'll get a text reminding you of the books you're looking for.

Link labelling is backwards. The links labelled as Win/Linux bring you to the Mac download; the link labelled as Mac brings you to the Win/Linux download.
Fixed, thanks!

Reactions: CheezusCrist

Yandere Lover

Jul 28, 2017
Ok I'm enjoying your game, but you need to balance it a bit more. I'm being raided by armies i haven't even spoke to yet. I just took my first territory, and I'm getting raided by all the other teams. Also it takes a really long time to stabilize your Fiefdoms after you attack someone, it took me 300 turns just to get my fiefdom under control. I know it has VN mode, but I would rather play it like its meant.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Ok I'm enjoying your game, but you need to balance it a bit more. I'm being raided by armies i haven't even spoke to yet. I just took my first territory, and I'm getting raided by all the other teams. Also it takes a really long time to stabilize your Fiefdoms after you attack someone, it took me 300 turns just to get my fiefdom under control. I know it has VN mode, but I would rather play it like its meant.
I don't presume to know how you played but I'll ask:
1. Did you get to use Shadow Institute functions to control Morale and Obedience? If not, I didn't do good job in explaining the Shadow Institute functions.
2. Did you make sure your fiefdom contained more than 10 troops (to defeat any raid)?
3. Were you aware that 20 troops in a fiefdom stop Obedience drops? And 30 troops + Garrison increase Obedience?

If you weren't aware of 1-3, I should think of better ways to convey this information to players. If you are interested, there's a link in my sig for a thread where we discuss the different aspects of the meta game, your contributions could be valuable there.

Reactions: haooni

dougiehouser

Jun 9, 2019
What's the point of VN mode if you lose every 1-on-1 fight to RNG?
I am seriously unlucky when it comes to RNG; pick the same thing every time lose every round, pick random every time lose every round.
Kinda takes the fun away tbh

nightsight

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2019
i beat the ogre but.... i dont know what to do after that only option is find the ogre or ignore them but i killed the orgr Oo saves find the cave but i went everywhere on the path no cave entrance

Yandere Lover

Jul 28, 2017
I don't presume to know how you played but I'll ask:
1. Did you get to use Shadow Institute functions to control Morale and Obedience? If not, I didn't do good job in explaining the Shadow Institute functions.
2. Did you make sure your fiefdom contained more than 10 troops (to defeat any raid)?
3. Were you aware that 20 troops in a fiefdom stop Obedience drops? And 30 troops + Garrison increase Obedience?

If you weren't aware of 1-3, I should think of better ways to convey this information to players. If you are interested, there's a link in my sig for a thread where we discuss the different aspects of the meta game, your contributions could be valuable there.
To be fair, that doesn't sound like a problem with game balancing.
If it was a problem with game balance, then it would have affected everyone & I had absolutely no problems.
It sounds more like a problem with the player not doing what's necessary.
There is no way it should take "300 turns" to get 1 fiefdom under control!

Did you build the Shadow Institute? From there you can throw a Festival to raise Morale, or you can Bribe the Clergy to raise Obedience (both at a cost of some Gold).
Did you build a Garrison? Placing just 10 troops in there will easily deal with Raids.
20 troops will stop Obedience from dropping & putting 30 in there will cause Obedience to rise.

Having higher Morale makes the likelihood of a fief producing extra Gold\Troops increase, so getting back lost soldiers should not be a problem and should not take very long.

The will help you to understand the mechanics better. I'd advise using it. (y)
Good advice, and yes I did follow it. The problem was after the fight I had like 7 troops left and Morale and Obedience was really low for some reason. I couldn't put enough troops in either Fiefdom to stop or bring it up. So my people burned the Institute and then the gold mine, and after that I started getting raided by the other 4 armies and couldn't keep any troops. The troops that were attacking me I hadn't even spoken to.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
is it possible to get Liddy out of the cage at the orc camp in Hawatia
No (for now).

I am seriously unlucky when it comes to RNG; pick the same thing every time lose every round, pick random every time lose every round.
1. The Chicken icon will win every 1 one 1 fight automatically.
2. 90% of your opponents don't attack randomly, instead they follow a pattern of (usually) six attacks. Stay in Defensive mode, learn their pattern and then hit back.

i beat the ogre but.... i dont know what to do after that only option is find the ogre or ignore them but i killed the orgr Oo saves find the cave but i went everywhere on the path no cave entrance
1668981179795.png

Good advice, and yes I did follow it. The problem was after the fight I had like 7 troops left and Morale and Obedience was really low for some reason. I couldn't put enough troops in either Fiefdom to stop or bring it up. So my people burned the Institute and then the gold mine, and after that I started getting raided by the other 4 armies and couldn't keep any troops. The troops that were attacking me I hadn't even spoken to.
Seems like a bunch of bad luck. With only two fiefdoms, you should be raided roughly once per 20 turns and even those raids are 50% to be raid-raids and 50% to be "subversion raids".

Oh, and I made this:

1668982134478.png

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Win/Linux: - - MEGA -
Mac: - MEGA - -
pc and mac are reversed

also the zip for pc is defective. extracting it gives a warning about the file headers. It could be nothing and that everything works, or it could be missing files. who knows

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
The one I downloaded was fine, (PC Mega)
I had gotten this error on both the PC gofile, as well as the PC mega version.
both have the same problem:
error.png

The headers are used to verify that the data extract correctly.
If it is ONLY the headers that are broken and nothing else.
Then it is possible that no data is lost and that all is well.

It is also possible that the headers are broken and some files are missing or broken. And it is unable to identify those defective/missing files due to the headers being broken.

Reactions: BubbaRiley47

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I had gotten this error on both the PC gofile, as well as the PC mega version.
both have the same problem:
View attachment 2183223

The headers are used to verify that the data extract correctly.
If it is ONLY the headers that are broken and nothing else.
Then it is possible that no data is lost and that all is well.

It is also possible that the headers are broken and some files are missing or broken. And it is unable to identify those defective/missing files due to the headers being broken.
I got no errors with Bandizip, strange because I usually turn to 7zip when Bsndizip fails.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I got no errors with Bandizip, strange because I usually turn to 7zip when Bsndizip fails.
7z didn't "fail". It successfully extracted the file.
It is just warning me that there the file headers are defective so there is no way to tell if any files are missing or corrupt.
Maybe this is everything, maybe files are missing. We don't know and cannot know until the author re-released it

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Click on the chicken in the left corner

Reactions: mrttao

robas147

Jan 19, 2018
after this last update something is "kicked" .... can't raise the amount of troops... no matter how much morale, gold, obedience... all buildings built and one big shit... no troops

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
how pass halfan's quest , you are overpaying try again
You have to get the cheapest merchandise. After you fail once, when you revisit the merchants you'll see how much you paid already, making your life easier.

after this last update something is "kicked" .... can't raise the amount of troops... no matter how much morale, gold, obedience... all buildings built and one big shit... no troops
Weird. If you could send me a Save file I would appreciate it. In the meantime you could switch to VN Mode.

what is diff btw v0.7.4 & v0.7.4.1?
Bug fix. You can unzip in your 0.7.4 game folder, it will fix the bug as well.

Reactions: haooni and msleomac
4.20 star(s) 126 Votes