Moosica

Dec 7, 2021
I can't even open the game. I have version 7.5.
Has anyone experienced the same problem?

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Conquer Marbia, thats queen Nahir
If you mean get her pregnant?

Each defeated ruler has conditions to be seduced, usually you can get it from them by visiting them in the cells or after allowing them onto the council, you find them at the palace. Each will provide different realm bonus once allowed to serve. So far, all of them want you to use building powers, or build certain buildings. Once they are satisfied you can preg them nicely.

If you dont care, just toss them into the dungeons. Once they stay there you can ravage them, and they will not provide realm bonuses. Dungeon stay is permanent.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Any tips to increase saves compatibility when upgrading to a new version? Like should I save in the world map or during dialogue scene? I have 2 saves file from 0.5.8 and the one I saved in world map cannot load and show exception error but the one I saved during dialogue choices works
Untitled.jpg

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
Any tips to increase saves compatibility when upgrading to a new version? Like should I save in the world map or during dialogue scene? I have 2 saves file from 0.5.8 and the one I saved in world map cannot load and show exception error but the one I saved during dialogue choices works
What's your log.txt when you try to load the v0.5.8 save?

Saving inside the tutorial ('?') should be save compatible. That's a simple Ren'Py label and Ren'Py is supposed to always be able to find a named label statement. For what exact definition of always I'm not quite sure, but it's likely good enough. Inside a Harlot dialogue, not their menu, would be similar to the tutorial.

However, for complete save compatibility you need to have a save from the previous public release. E.G. don't skip versions.

Ren'Py offers excellent compatibility with a previous version, but you can only pick one version to base it off of. Most players will be using the previous release's saves so it in turn gets based off that one. As long as someone doesn't forget their old-game rigamarole this also should be improved further.

I realize you have one of your v0.5.8 saves loaded, but here's a v0.5.8 to v0.7.5 only scripts.rpa. It will allow you to load your save from the world map. If you could give it a try and let me know if it works correctly that would be great.

Download (until 2022-12-18)

SHA256:
a63acef1c91b578ee3dbcadb0d4f75514fe323e3d5203d661a4fb2e852bb14fd Khan-v0.5.8_to_v0.7.5-scripts.zip

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
What's your log.txt when you try to load the v0.5.8 save?

Saving inside the tutorial ('?') should be save compatible. That's a simple Ren'Py label and Ren'Py is supposed to always be able to find a named label statement. For what exact definition of always I'm not quite sure, but it's likely good enough. Inside a Harlot dialogue, not their menu, would be similar to the tutorial.

However, for complete save compatibility you need to have a save from the previous public release. E.G. don't skip versions.

Ren'Py offers excellent compatibility with a previous version, but you can only pick one version to base it off of. Most players will be using the previous release's saves so it in turn gets based off that one. As long as someone doesn't forget their old-game rigamarole this also should be improved further.

I realize you have one of your v0.5.8 saves loaded, but here's a v0.5.8 to v0.7.5 only scripts.rpa. It will allow you to load your save from the world map. If you could give it a try and let me know if it works correctly that would be great.

Download (until 2022-12-18)

SHA256:
a63acef1c91b578ee3dbcadb0d4f75514fe323e3d5203d661a4fb2e852bb14fd Khan-v0.5.8_to_v0.7.5-scripts.zip
Thank you for all the info. I overwrite that save yesterday because it no longer work and I forgot what the error code is. But all my other 0.5.8 saves works even the one where I save in world map so maybe its just a one-off case.
I usually wait a few updates before playing so there are more contents so my saves are not direct from previous version of the game.

robas147

Jan 19, 2018
Can someone explain to me exactly how to build an army??? ... all buildings erected, morale and obedience to the max, money is ... and the army is only 30 soldiers and for the hell I don't want to be more

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
Can someone explain to me exactly how to build an army??? ... all buildings erected, morale and obedience to the max, money is ... and the army is only 30 soldiers and for the hell I don't want to be more
Army size is capped based on the amount of provinces you own. Every turn there's a random chance that each province will provide their yield in gold/troops. It sounds like you're stuck at 30 because you don't have enough provinces to have more.

Reactions: Doorknob22
4.20 star(s) 126 Votes